SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India)

Sort:

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (India, PA (US)).

Interview

Wanted to know past experience details

Interview Questions

Salary was low and place was dull

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Powai, Maharashtra) in October 2011.

Interview

First a written test. Very easy paper of 40 questions. If have seriously prepared for GATE then this is a dumbest test u can give in your life.
    Then it is Interview. The panel of 4 people is there. (I think they have ego issues). They are asking questions depends on my test paper first. I scored 31. So asked about those 9 questions which I wrote wrong. Then asked about my BTech project. How u did it and all. Then asked some faltu questions on GK.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Mumbai) in August 2014.

Interview

A fairly easy written test consisting of GATE type questions. After you are selected, if you are a fresher, the interview will revolve around your final year project and your favourite subject.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Mumbai) in May 2016.

Interview

Process begins with Written test following Technical Interview.
    Interview will be conducted after written test which apprx. takes 2 hours. written test begins after filling declaration forms. Written test focus only on basic knowledge of chosen Domain no question on Quantitative aptitude. Interview consist of three senior scientist which are experts in FPGA, MATLAB and Antennas.

Interview Questions

• Written Test consist of Questions related to opted field. I have appear for for Walkin of Research scientist (Electronics). Written test consist of 25 Questions and time given was 45 min. Questions focused on basics of electronics. Written questions are all MCQ type having four option from which we have to select any one.

Written Test Questions are as follow:
      1. The Inverter can be obtained by using
      a. OR b. AND c. NOR d. None of the above

2. The Velocity of EM waves in medium of permitivity e = 4 is

3. The simplified form of Boolean equation A(A_bar + B C) is

4. The time period of one clock cycle of microprocessor having crystal frequency of 3 MHz is

5. With decrease in wavelength of high Directivity antenna, effect on Antenna height

6. The TEM wave in which Electric field is also present in perpendicular direction will be operating in which mode.

7. Superheterodyne is used to obtain.

8. 1/ jw in Bode plot will be equivalent to ------- in dB

9. Semiconductor will behave as --------- at zero degree kelvin

10. question on Block diagram simplification of control system.

11. question on network theory to compute current through resistor.

12 . Resolution of 4-bit ADC is   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Mumbai) in June 2013.

Interview

Written Test and followed by personal and technical interview. they asked about final year project and all the related question. they asked about c concepts , device manager, cryptography and memory allocation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Guwahati) in July 2018.

Interview

45 mins of Written Test, then Interview.
    I got highest marks there in the Interview. My 21 questions were right of 25 so marks were 42 out of 50. Whoever has got more than half (25) of max marks got selected for interview. Question were normal Electronics (Electromagnetic+Analog Ckt+Digital Communications+EDC+Digital Elex) questions.

Interview Questions

• My favourite subject then I chose Microwave & Electromagnetics. They asked basic questions. Whatever they asked, I explained clearly. They asked about Microcontroller & Microprocessor, I told I have read in B.Tech but I am not comfortable in that. That's it. Interview was just 15 min.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Chennai) in April 2011.

Interview

Normal Government interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sixth Pay Commission Contract Scale

RS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India).

Interview

Process basically contains two stages
    one is technical knowledge test in which they give twenty thirty questions depending on your stream once you clear that there is an interview in which they mainly ask about technical knowledge.
    The interview questions are mainly focused on your projects and previous experience.

Scientific Assistant A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Mumbai) in October 2011.

Interview

Written Examination:

It consist total of 60 questions in which 10 questions are numerical and rest 30 questions are objective type
    Numerical Questions carry 4 marks and objective questions are of 2 marks
    It was totally technical paper no general awareness.
    Question paper was quiet easy and numerical questions were just to use your commonsense nothing more than that.
    Written exam and interviews held on the same day.

Anyway, I entered into the room they asked me to have my seat.
    Then a person asked me: So you are fresher?
    Me: Yes sir
    So they started asking me core technical questions.
    He: Ok, so what you did in your B.tech project?
    Me: Sir, my project was "Design and analysis of Side Impact beam for a Sedan"
    They asked nothing related to my work and directly entered into impact
    He: asked a term that I can't remember but it is something like when you drop a ball from some height and it bounce back so the height it bounces back is not same as previous height so the ratio of new height attended to original height from which it was dropped is that term, I replied in same manner as i described here.
    Then he asked a question regarding the impact of striker in carom board. I was not comfortable with these questions actually I was not getting what they wanted from me to reply.
    Then another person interrupted and asked: What is sleeve draw it's figure on the board?
    I had not heard this term and I drawn the figure of a governor as I had heard this term in a question
    “”For a governor running at constant speed, the value of force acting on the sleeve is zero””
    He: what u are drawing?
    Me: Sir, its governor and sleeve is used in it.
    He: have you heard this term in any other field?
    Me: No (actually it is used in drill machines to hold the drill bit it's varying in inner radius like a cone to get proper fit inside yet several times, I worked on lathe machine and came to know about this term but the thing is who cares of such things, but it sometimes really matters.)
    He: Ok, draw the 2-D diagram of shaft mounted on bearings
    I drawn then he asked me to mount a flywheel over that.I Drwan.
    He: ok, draw the forces acting on it.
    This was the basic approach and I learnt it in college and after exam I just forgot it as usually we engineers do.
    So I just showed the gravity force acting on the shaft because of flywheel's weight and the reaction forces
    He: Now design this shaft to carry this flywheel in running condition. What will be your approach to design it?
    Me: its stresses and bending moments should not exceed to the permissible value for the given material.
    He: Ok, so design it.
    I was little confused about the forces that acts because of centrifugal forces and all those things finally I could not do it.
    Actually there will be gravity force (weight) of flywheel acting on vertical direction and the reaction forces. Centrifugal force (m*r*w^2) and reaction forces will act in horizontal plane
    And we will calculate total bending moment for individual plane and then using Pythagoras theorem we will get the final bending moment.
    Then another person asked: Types of materials
    Me: Metals, Composites, polymers, Ceramics etc.
    He: Types of metals?
    Me: Ferrous, non-ferrous etc.
    He: Give an example of non-ferrous metal
    Me: Aluminum
    He: why some times it is used instead of steels and iron?
    Me: where we require high strength to weight ratio
    He: In Aluminum and steel, which is having high structural strength?
    Me: steel, aluminum is having less strength as compared to steel but for the same weight we can get more strength in aluminum structure.
    He: ok, so can we further increase the strength of aluminum?
    Me: yes, by making it's alloy.
    He: can you give an example of it's alloy
    I could not recall it yet I knew it's Duralumin
    Then another person: Do you know Electrochemical series?
    Me: Yes sir, it is the same thing na related to chemistry because it was an unexpected thing
    He: may be, I am not sure. But something like that.
    Me: Ok sir,
    He: well, I want to join two metals for some purpose so how will you chose them?
    Me: they should be closer to each other in the series.
    He: correct but why?
    Me: as the metals that are farther in the series, will be having different properties and that may affect the desired performance as there will be significant difference in their electro negativities.
    He: How, can you give an example?
    Me: Let we are making a composite wall for a petrol well, so if there is a significant difference in their electro negativities then corrosion will occur at the joining interface.
    (Other example that u can give in such cases is; if they are farther apart in the series their thermal expansion coefficients will have sufficient difference to get the structure to be distorted when it comes the
    Influence of temperature into picture.)

Interview Questions

• Carrom board striker impact related questions, like what is the resilience of the carrom edge material, how much the striker will return back etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAMEER (R&D of DIT Govt of India) (Mumbai) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 2 days.There are 2 rounds to qualify.. At first they took a technical aptitude test related to electronics and extc.. The next was Technical interview in which questions related to your branch are asked also about basics knowledge of electronics, details of project and favorite subjects are asked..
    I got selected.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject? They may ask anything about it so whatever you subject you say you should know it well..   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.