SDL Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 15 Mar 2019

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SDL (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position and received an email to setup a walk-through-the-resume, get-to-know-you interview. After the phone interview, there was a programming test that was pretty challenging. After that, I had a on-site fullday of interviews. It ended up being 30-45 minute interviews with 7 people. It was pretty scary at first, but the interviewers are pretty friendly and engaging. The interview day was a great way to share my skills and experience while also getting to know the work environment, the employees, and the projects on which they worked.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the programming test and the solution I submitted. They asked me about why I made certain design choices, especially in terms of speed and efficiency.

They also asked me about my background and some of my interesting classes and software projects.

They also asked me to answer a few programming questions by whiteboarding some code.

There were also a few questions on probability and statistics.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SDL (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview was 'interesting'. It was more of a get to know you. A wide variety of personalities but they seem to be nice. One person wanted me to 'convince' the person of a technology and show why/where/how I would use it. I was not so convince about the company, the challenges it would bring and the career growth to expect.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

First there is a phone call to check some details in my resume. And there is a technical test following. The topic of the technical test is come from their senior software developer. It's about 3 hours for you to program a console which used to load and process huge data.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. First, they made a phone call to know about details on your resume. Second, They gave you a problem to program in three hours. They they will call you ask about your program later. Then an onsite interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty average phone screen. In-person, some of the interviewers seemed unhappy to be interviewing me (one loudly sighed after noting that we still had half an hour left). The questions were standard technical interview fare, with Java and some C#-based questions.

I apparently didn't get an offer, since I never heard back after my full-day interview in person.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Superior, CO (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed with recruiter. I took two mini-exams. First one was about finding bugs on simple example. And second one about translation two sentences and writing them by using english keyborad.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloom, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SDL (Bloom, CO (US)).

Interview

You are interviewed with a person from HR who if they like will set you up with the VP. If they like they will fly you out to CO to interview over the course of a week. During that week on a daily basis you will perform tasks and if you do not meet expectations you will be asked to fly back home the day they let you know.

Business Development Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

The recruiter and I had a telephone discussion, which lasted past the planned 30 minute discussion. He was highly competent, well informed, professional and thorough. Mike asked insightful questions and represented SDL exceptionally well. In short, it was an exceptional two-way discussion about SDL, the position and my candidacy. This was the first of several meetings. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions... interviewer patiently listened, asked clarifying questions and overall, respectful.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SDL (Superior, CO (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was very long process....started in November with start date in April. Not much communication, but found out after hiring process that executive was fired in December and office was starting over. Interview panel was made up of people who had no sales background and really just focused on my fit in culture, but not my fit for success.

Interview Questions

• Team was not skilled at interviewing sales people so there were no questions that were not expected. Nothing that I would consider "difficult".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Superior, CO (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was quite lengthy. First a phone interview and then I had to show up for half a day of interviews. First I met with the hiring manager and other manager then I had to take and hour and a half long test on basic math skills. Then I had another meeting with HR and another manager. Seemed a bit like over kill.

Interview Questions

• Do you have localization experience? Do you have Project Management experience? How do prioritize projects? How is your multitasking experience and working on multiple projects at a time?   Answer Question

SDL Response

26 Apr 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review and may I take this opportunity to say welcome to the company.
    Regarding your comment, interview processes at SDL vary depending on the position you have applied for. We... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.