Saba Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Saba Software Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2019

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saba Software (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online (no cover letter). Hiring manager emailed me a few weeks later. I talked to her on the phone, then came in person. She liked me and referred me to her boss. I talked to her on the phone. Interview went really well and I got an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• There were none of the lame "what's you're greatest weakness" questions. Just a two-way conversation about my background, the company, and what I wanted.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 3 months later received an email from a recruiter for a phone screen.
    Recruiter was upbeat and organized. Asked I wait until after the holidays for hiring to pickup in 2016.
    I followed up in 2016, again and again and again every 2 weeks. The recruiter ignored all my emails.
    Looked up the recruiter's phone number calling the main office in Redwood City.
    Said he was in a meeting and blew me off.

I did some research on Saba and shocked that the SEC accused SABA of accounting fraud.
    Just Google 'Former Saba Finance Chiefs to Reimburse Nearly $500,000 in Bonuses'

Pressure to meet revenue targets might explain why trail went cold.
    Terrible experience. Next time I'll research company before applying.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the Accounting Manager and was asked my experience. Also met with the Accounting staff and were asked questions to see if I was a great fit for the position. I had to describe what my experience has been in this field.

Interview Questions

• What are your area of expertise? Why would you be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

HR was pleasant and interview was smooth and had typical interview questions. Canned questions with a mixture of behavioral and experienced based questions. Very little hypothetical questions were asked. Hiring manager review was more detailed and queries to prior year sales experience was inquired of multiple times. Explanation of the company vision was shared.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software (Washington, DC (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

A bit longer than normal but the questions and approach was typical of a CA software company. The interviewer was tough and tried to be intimidating, but he is no longer there.

Interface Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saba Software in May 2012.

Interview

First there there was an phone interview with a HR person. The interview process included a presentation of past work given to a group of people, followed by 1:1 interviews with individual employees. There were some difficulties with scheduling the day for the presentation and the interviews

Interview Questions

• There was no particular difficult or unexpected question, just the usual.   Answer Question

Saba Software Response

17 Jul 2014 – Sr HR Director

We appreciate your feedback and the time you invested in the interview process and learning more about Saba. We definitely care a great deal about the candidate experience so your feedback is... More

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saba Software.

Interview

I interviewed for Sr. Product Manager in 2014. Applied online and received a call from the recruiter within a week. She forwarded the call to the hiring manager, who I enjoyed talking to. Heard nothing back, and I sent a followup email. I was invited for the onsite interview. Met the VP, 2 directors, one Product Manager and 1 UX designer. These were more of conversations than interviews, and I enjoyed talking to all of them.

Never heard back from the team, despite multiple followup emails.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Saba Software.

Interview

Very respectful. Detailed interview with hr, hiring manager and extended team. Asked detailed questions about background, experience with marketing, presales and sales processes. Respectful hiring team. Mindful of time. Personally having the candidate present to the team and having an interactive discussion would have helped the team and the candidate measure each other.

Interview Questions

• Experience with creating marketing assets and sales process   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I met with 4 members of the team. They included the manager and current CSMs. I also had to create a presentation and present to the team and participate in role play. They acted like a customer and asked me scenario based questions.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saba Software (Redwood City, CA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a previous employee. The recruiter was professional, took my resume and arranged for an interview. A lot of behavioral questions. I was asked how i would handle stressful situations?, difficult deadlines, conflicting priorities, angry customers, attrition in workforce etc. I was given an questionnaire that looked like a personality test. I was asked to present a few ideas.

The team in general did not look happy. I did not get an offer either

Interview Questions

• How do you fire an employee?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize conflicting demands   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.