Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb 2017

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I interviewed three times with three different people, took a drug test and background check. Overall the experience was a little daunting I had to wait three hours in the cafe area that was dirty.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name a time where I worked as a team, what the assignment was, how it turned out, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not at all. Everything is pre set, based on your experience. So make sure you get all your experience in your original application that's what they base it on.

Produce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Review infermation on skills and work experiences ,persional infermation on life experiences home also hobbies.
    You also need to rememnmber your ID and social security card before and after initial interview processes. Then during oriantation they will give you all the information you need to know about your department and safety plus compony policy.

Interview Questions

• Skills , qualifations full or part time work opertunities will be offered.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fresno, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application and came into the store with a resume in November. I was told they don't accept Resumes in-store. I called later that week to speak with a manager and was told it would do no good. I called back several times over the month of December and was finally told they weren't hiring until January, though I was eventually called back on December. The call went to my voicemail and I called back within 30 minutes. When I called back and they said they were getting the hiring manager, I was put on hold for 45 minutes, then hung up, another 30 minutes on hold, hung up, another 30 minutes on hold. Called back the next day and same thing. Decided to just go into the store in person and ask for the hiring manager. I went to the counter and they had me go speak to her in the restricted area in the back of the store. She told me I never tried calling her back and I told her that her staff was incompetent and I called back right away and explained how long I was put on hold. She said ok, and told me she'll consider that my first interview, and to come in next Monday for the second. I came in 30 minutes early and awaited my interview at the food tables where I was told to wait. an hour later, she's still ignoring me. I walk up to her and she immediately tells me there's been a delay in my interview because they were so busy. Maybe three checkstands were open. She told me it would be another hour and a half, and to wait until then. I went shopping for that time, mostly just walking around. When the time came, we sat at the table and she immediately told me that even though I have cashiering experience that this job is completely different. She said it was primarily a sales position, even though in none of my shopping trips a single cashier has ever tried selling me anything. I looked around and all of her employees are wearing dirty, untucked shirts and mismatched clothing like they just rolled out of bed, and she's asking me why I feel I qualify as I'm wearing business attire and polished shoes. After this, and the stupid pen spiel, we go meet the store manager and she likes me, so I go upstairs and they hand me a paper to take a drug test. They tell me because it's so late, I have less than an hour to get to the facility on the other side of town or I will fail, as the test must be taken today. I ask when I can expect to hear from them, they tell me when the drug test is completed. I ask when that might be, they tell me not to worry about it and to just go take the test. I go to the place, with is a drug rehab clinic of some sort, and go through a large assortment of very particular tasks to take a simple urinary drug test. I head home, wait a week, and call, since I sill hadn't heard back from anyone. I was told I need to be patient and stop bothering them, and that the results would come when they come. At my last retail job, the drug test was done in-house via a cheek swab and took five minutes. It's been over a month now and I've yet to hear back from anyone. I've never done drugs, so I know I didn't fail the test. Honestly, after I've seen how the store is ran, and how they select their applicants, I would never want to work for this place.

Interview Questions

• To sell them a pen, even though it's a cashier position and I've never once been sold anything by their cashiers.   1 Answer

Cart Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied online and called them they scheduled me for an interview before Thanksgiving break but they said they were full on carts and would call me when an open position became available so in December i got an interview for carts and interviewed with highest manager after the interview he told me he had a few more candidates and we would be in contact.So Thursday i got called for another interview for carts and i got the offer and filled out a form for background check then i was sent to a site for drug testing and got called today to come to orientation Monday all the managers were very nice and the hiring manager really helped me get the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work in stressful situation and what did you do to solve it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help a customer outside of your department and what did you do   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

take the 10 dollars a hour its better than minuim wage

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hermantown, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Hermantown, MN (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely laid back, couldn't of gone any better. Very nice interviewer, the questions he asked were pretty simple and easy to answer. He immediately offered me a job after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing that you have done in a past job that required you to go above and beyond?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Evansville, IN (US)).

Interview

They needed help at the time. Pretty standard interview. Was asked about my prior work experience, and asked several questions about how I would respond to certain scenarios of questionable ethics.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a coworker was stealing from company/breaking law etc?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

The interview consisted of the basic behavioral interview questions. Question like....... Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker, how did you guys resolve it? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help some? Tell me about a time when you didnt perform as well as you thought you could?

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you and w a coworker had a disagreement? how did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Panama City, FL (US)).

Interview

Very basic questions. She asked about past jobs what i did at them and how i could apply those jobs to this one. Just 1 on 1 with Assistant manager and she recommended me to Club manager and i had a 1 on 1 with him. His was more formality than hers.

Interview Questions

• When confronted with a upset member .....how did you hand situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Online application. They called in for an interview. They hired me on the spot and was given paperwork immediately after for drug screen. After everything was completed. They schedule you for a in class training and you off to your spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I did the application online. Took about a month to call me They make u wait in the cafe for 10 min than interview in the cafe for 10 min,. Came back a couple days later for orientation they walk u around the store show u around they make u watch a movie after that they make you take test on the computer n u can't start till u pass them all and took me bout 3 days to finish my Cbls that's Wat they call it

Interview Questions

• Lots of Tell me about a time .....   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.