Samsung Noida Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Samsung Noida Lab Interview Questions

Updated 27 Dec 2018

2.7

Sort:

Interview

Interview was easy. Questions related to my previous experience were asked. I worked in some other telecom company and the job profile was related to my past experience. There were no questions related to coding and algorithms so the interview process is not that difficult if you are an experience candidate

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Noida Lab.

Interview

First an Aptitude test similar to CAT (in the college) but less difficult. Then the Technical interview was taken the next day which contained mostly C/C++ questions, followed by HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Noida Lab.

Interview

1st round was aptitude test. 2nd round was written technical test. Lots of questions from pointers and string manipulation in technical test.
    Then came the technical interview and finally HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Standard geeksforgeeks stuff. Just keep your basics strong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as I was hired from campus.

Application

Interview

There were two written test, one aptitude and another one was technical which comprised of several basic questions from c , c++ and OS

Then there was one technical round which lasted for around 2 and half hours
    And one was HR round

Interview Questions

• In technical interview I was asked follwoing questions:-

Linux commands
      Zigzag traveral between two singly linked list
      Basic operations which are performed on doubly linked list
      Traverse a linked list from last
      Quicksort , mergesort and which of them is better
      Paging, virtual memory , segmentation
      Some questions from computer network
      Dangling pointers
      Null pointer
      Virtual functions and how they are stored
      some puzzles
      And last but the not the least why your gf likes you :-D

Got slected as a R & D engineer   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was campus interview so did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Noida Lab in August 2012.

Interview

campus placement:
    1) aptitude test ( covers quantitative aptitude, reasoning, data interpretation )
    2) technical test ( c, c++, java , os related mcqs)
    3) technical interview (based on programming and projects mentioned in resume)
    4) HR interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Noida Lab (Noida) in August 2012.

Interview

Round 1 : Aptitude / Reasoning . Number of questions is ok . Need decent speed for it
    Round 2 : Tech Paper : Consists of in depth questions from C/C++ languages . Multiple choice Questions
    Round 3 : Interviews
    Interview Tech : Basic concepts in C/C++ , Although they hire for Android /Java profile They dont interview in Java . If you know the Concepts you can easily crack . Coding questions are simple. Focus on Pointers Arrays Strings in C/C++.
    Interview HR : Formality mostly .

Interview Questions

• most of the questions are available online or bookish .   1 Answer

Application

Interview

1. Aptitude test
    2.Technical test
    3.Technical Interview
    4.HR interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Noida Lab (Jaipur, Rajasthan) in June 2010.

Interview

This was a campus placement. So the company came to the college to interview the candidates. First was a written round which was a 2 set problem paper. the first set was IQ testing questions. The second was C skill set questions.
    Then there were interview rounds. First was Technical interview. In this I was asked about Compiler design and some cryptography questions. This was after they had asked about my favorite topics.
    Second was an HR interview where behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting them to ask me questions about compiler design as i was thinking that the questions would be asked related to the field of programming only. But thankfully I had prepared those also.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since this was a campus placement.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Noida Lab (New Delhi) in October 2012.

Interview

These details are regarding Campus Recruitment Drive of Samsung Noida Lab
    There are 2 rounds each of written and interviews.After every round candidates are shortlisted.

Written Rounds :
    1. GSAT (Global Samsung Aptitude Test) - 50 questions in 1 hr (comprises of two section - Data Interpretation+Quant and Logical Reasoning (Puzzle Test)).
    Cut-off is pre-decided by Samsung for every written and for this round it falls b/w 37-40 Questions.
    No Sectional Cut-off and no negative marking.
    Questions are not tough but requires speed and accuracy, So practice well before appearing.

2. Technical Written - 30 question in 30 minutes (comprises of three section - C & C++[20], Data Structure[5],Operating System[5] ).
    Cut-off is pre-decided and guess would fall in 25-30 range.
    No sectional cut-off but negative marking (1/4) is there.
    Level of questions are easy and on basics only.

Interview Rounds:

You have around 75% chances to get selected if you clear written rounds.
    1. Technical Interview - around 45-60 minutes. Can ask anything from OOPS, Basics of C, Projects, Data Structures & Operating System.
    Level of questions is moderate.

2. HR Interview - It is just formality, you are selected if you would not make any blunder in this round.
    Question on about yourself, about Samsung, any Job offer yet, etc.

This is it and you are on the final list.

Best of Luck to those who are appearing for Samsung :) .

Interview Questions

• What compiler do when it sees a virtual function in a Class ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no point of negotiating in Campus Recruitment.
    Compensation for B.Tech : 6,65,016 PA
                                      M.Tech : 8,15,760 PA

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Noida Lab.

Interview

Useless questions. Entire selection was based on marks of written test. Later I realised the person who hired knows nothing about programming. Most of the interview was a casual chat.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.