Samsung Research America Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Samsung Research America

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 149 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Samsung Research America (United States)

Interview

The panel was very down to earth and the interview was very conversational. Everyone was willing to take a lot of time to answer all of my questions. It was clear there was a good team dynamic.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your previous roles.
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were challenged.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (United States)

Interview

Two telephonic rounds (Managerial and technical) followed by series of face to face interviews (Technical, Team and HR). The interview is conducted onsite and could take about 3 to 5 hours with intervals

Interview Questions
  • 1. What is a bug report? 2. Diff between logcat and bugreport? 3. Basic algorithms 4. Android adb questions 5. Android architecture questions
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Samsung Research America (United States)

Interview

First round interview consists of ~20 multiple-choice problems on machine learning basics. Second round is a project design on an automatic waste classification system. Time limit for second round is 180 minutes.

Interview Questions
Samsung Research America
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Samsung Research America (United States)

Interview

They would focus more on AWS, Bastion hosts, IAM roles, Packer, Hadoop administration, Spark, Hive, HDFS, cloudera upgrade knowledge, Ansible, Terraform scripting, git and Jenkins integration, and python programming skills.

Interview Questions
  • GIT and Jenkins integration, use cases of Terraform integration
Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Interview process is through the designer first 30 mins. Then 3hr interview the next day with the project manager, designers then leads. On the first day they will ask you technical questions and general questions about your experience. Second day for me is more about prepping me for the job and what’s expected for both parties. The conversation is more friendly and has something to do with getting to know each other and how our working dynamics will work.

Interview Questions
Samsung Research America
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Samsung Research America (United States)

Interview

They seemed to need an intern for their group as soon as possible, which made the interview process easy. The internship interviews tend to be less involved than full-time. I was only asked about my experience and I did not have any technical questions

Interview Questions
  • Describe the research project you've most recently been working on
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

I put in an application (resume, cover letter and detailed questionnaire) at the end of September. The following couple of days I saw traffic on my portfolio site from Mountain View so I think it was them. After a month they reached out with a creative test. I had to complete a task and upload my results within 3 hours. That was enough time and the task they requested was more than fair. After another week they emailed to say they were pursuing other candidates

Interview Questions
  • I was told not to disclose the creative task that I was asked to conplete
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (United States)

Interview

Phone interview with the manager. Discussion about projects at Samsung. Lots of system design questions. He gave me offer for 6 months research, but never got back to me.

Interview Questions
Samsung Research America
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philippines
Application

I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Philippines)

Interview

SRA recruited me and asked me to provide a time for phone call to discuss the opportunity. I am located outside of the USA so provided a time and country code and number to reach me with backup options how to reach me. They did not call. They did not use the backup option I provided. They did not even message me on LinkedIn, which is how they intially recruited me. When I sent follow up message they responded they could not contact me and that the job was in the US. I have 5 bars on my cellphone for an hour before and 2 hours after the scheduled time. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
Samsung Research America
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (New York, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

The interview included one phone interview and thereafter the onsite interview. The onsite interview included a 1-hour presentation and 5 1-hour interviews with different researchers. The questions were mostly about my research.

Interview Questions
  • They asked all about my research studies and projects.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 149 Interviews