Samsung Research America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Samsung Research America Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Research America

2.8

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America in February 2020.

Interview

I had applied online and after a week one of the recruiters contacted me back saying that the team was interested to interview with me. I choose a date in the Jan month but she said that one of the panel member was on leave on that day and scheduled a day later.
    On the day of the interview, it was postponed again saying that the team was busy and a later date was given.
    On the next date, again the interviewer told that one of the panel members was sick and a later date was given.
    Finally 2 days before the interview, I got an email saying that the position was already filled and they are Sorry !!

Absolutely unethical behaviour from one of the leading and respected companies. Before the interview they had also made me sign a form disclosing my actual race and gender, which brings into question why my interview which was scheduled on 8th Jan was postponed to 8th Feb and then cancelled.

Absolutely terrible and unfair practise by the Company.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Worst interview process that I have ever experienced! I would highly suggest talented people to look elsewhere as this company's way of handling interviews already tells you about their culture.

The hiring manager doesn't know what he wants and the team doesn't know who or what the hiring manager is looking for. The whole team was in disarray and the onsite was very frustrating!

In addition, no one followed up with feedback or even a response. At the very very least, please have the decency to respect those who interview with you and train your HR and recruiting teams to reach out to the candidates even if you are working with a partner!!

To the HR responding to this post please start by replying back to all those candidates you ghosted since you can clearly see in the other interview posts, the interview feedback process you have is unethical ghosting.

Good luck finding good talent for your SRA teams if this is how you treat your candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America.

Interview

The first round is an online test with two tasks. First task is a bunch of MCQ about basics of C, C++, Java and Python. Second round is a leetcode medium problem which can be done in the language of your choice. Still waiting for next round.

Interview Questions

• Pointer arithmetic, final keyword, friend classes and properties, python string basics(immutable), etc   Answer Question

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Recruiter Call + Hiring Manager Call + Half Day On-site Interview which included 20 minute presentation, breakout interviews, and a design challenge. Smooth and expedient. A pleasant experience overall—minus the design challenge.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond when your design is challenged or criticized?   1 Answer

24 Mar 2020 – Sr. manager HR Ops

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

Interview

SRA Knox team interview was the worst interview experience (actually it was interrogation)...I was ridiculed and was put in an environment to fail, each question was either seeking textbook definitions or expected to respond exactly as per interviewers understanding which only they know (maybe, not sure though).

I was asked many open-ended questions where I was challenged upon response & insulted.

I felt like leaving the interview in between. I would never consider a career here.

Finally, the position was put on hold and got an auto-reply communicating this.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you list the agile principles?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is risk management? What is risk assessment? what is the diff between risk mitigation vs contingency plan?   1 Answer
    • What is symmetric vs asymmetric encryption?   1 Answer

24 Mar 2020 – Sr. manager HR Ops

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry you had a negative experience with us and appreciate your feedback. Have a great day.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Samsung Research America in November 2019.

Interview

Easy open ended quora-style questions in phone interview, but asked in a somewhat weird way. by hiding the most important or key words.
    Such as asking 'how to measure difference between two vectors besides cosine metric", and in the end telling you that "the vectors are actually not just vectors but probability distributions that could use metrics based on entropy". I was like - did you just ask me about "metrics besides cosine for probabilities" ?! Cosine metric for probabilities LOL!!!

Interview Questions

• Measure difference between two vectors   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a conversation with the recruiter. I was then set up with a phone call with the hiring manager. I was then invited onsite to interview with several people. The hiring manager was hard to understand, as it is understandable since English is not their native language. It was then I realized I would not be a good fit for the position or the culture because communication is important.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Research America in April 2019.

Interview

1st round is coding through codility. Three basic cpp coding problem in 150 minutes.
    2nd round is on-site. We talk about my background and the match to the job position.

Interview Questions

• About my research project and the reason why I am interested in the job.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Research America.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. One round is a team interview with the prospective team and the other round is with HR. The team interview is very focused on job-specific questions and did not have any algorithm questions. HR interview was mostly about expectations and personal development goals.

R&D Planning/Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Research America (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

To say the least it was the most unprofessional, inappropriate and sexually discriminatory encounter I've ever had. I have been a Samsung employee back in Korea for several years and have left on good terms continuing business as a freelancer.
    But left the campus today feeling utterly mortified and confused

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked but I was barely given a chance to reply and cut short while the interviewer did most of the talking. I decided to withdraw my application right afterwards. I had applied through a friend who works there.

Some of the comments made by the interviewer was as follows:

"(As soon as I was seated) Why did you come? I just wanted a phone call (I was never given that option)."
      "I'm not saying this because you're a woman but a woman I recently interviewed said, 'I can't do this and that' because I'm a woman / mom'. So what? I'm a dad too."
      "There's all this talk about women's rights & empowerment in Korea. Who do they think they are? A queen?"
      "(After explaining why my time at Company A was cut short) Why did you bother to work when you were pregnant. Do you have to work?"
      "Nothing on your resume matched anything I'm looking for but just because it was a referral I invited you."
      "My former experience as an engineer/researcher is valued everywhere but your kind of experience is not wanted anywhere."
      "Who's taking care of the child? (After I said I hired a nanny) Do you want that? Have your kid raised by someone else?"   Answer Question

10 Apr 2019 – Sr. manager HR Ops

We’re sorry you were disappointed by your interview at SRA. At SRA, we value and celebrate our current diverse workforce. It is embedded in all we do, and every employee plays a part. We embrace and value differences — whether race, ethnicity, gender, age, military status, religion, sexual orientation, or views — we are committed to building an inclusive culture. We appreciate you bringing to our attention, and will investigate this matter seriously.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.