ScanlineVFX Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ScanlineVFX Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at ScanlineVFX

FX Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Listened to owner talk about how great the company was, watched Scanline reel. They asked very little about my experience or skills, and showed me their cafeteria that had to be called the "nightclub" - it looked like an '80's gay bar set for an after school special.
    Lots of smiling and nodding and one word approval noises "wow!", "amazing!" etc really seemed to help.
     Brief mention of no OT until after 45 hours a week because they're pretending to be a high tech professional company and so exempt from BC labour law. Every other studio in town has been busted for this, but I guess nobody told Scanline.

Interview Questions

• Did you like our demo reel? What do you think?   1 Answer

Senior Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Bunch of random interviewers who are not as experienced as you are. At the end you land up knowing more that the interviewers. Usually for a senior position like that they want to know if you are a candidate with an "wrong attitude and vanity". If not, you are the right one for that company. No EGO's allowed.

Interview Questions

• I have heard of you before, when can you start?   1 Answer

VFX Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Relaxed interview style, not clear on what all the duties or hours would be. They take you for a tour of the facilities with all the perks they offer ahead of the schedule. Never had that, a bit strange as it gives you the feeling that you will be living there. Very much a 'boys club' atmosphere. The people conducting interviews were very nice, and levelheaded.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with working longer days and/or weekends when needed?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.