ScanlineVFX Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ScanlineVFX Interview Questions

Interviews at ScanlineVFX

Junior Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job through a school job board, they asked for an interview the next day and had my interview within 48 hours. The interview was through Skype because I was out of town. They asked me questions about my resume, then told me about the position. Then I asked them questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

3D Artist Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied for Montreal studio online and got an interview a for the next week through video call. After that they took long (4 weeks)to contact me. I already had signed a contract with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have I done? Have I work in water/FX heavy shows? Why do I wanted to join Scanline?   Answer Question

VFX Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Relaxed interview style, not clear on what all the duties or hours would be. They take you for a tour of the facilities with all the perks they offer ahead of the schedule. Never had that, a bit strange as it gives you the feeling that you will be living there. Very much a 'boys club' atmosphere. The people conducting interviews were very nice, and levelheaded.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with working longer days and/or weekends when needed?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX.

Interview

The recruiter, Heather, setup an interview time that would work for both of us but then never called. I emailed to setup another time and see if they were still interested. She said 'yes maybe Thursday?' I emailed back to confirm the times, she missed the second time slot and then called an hour after the end of my available time! I tried calling her when I was out of my meeting and I never heard back by either phone or email. I've never had a recruiter miss two interviews before, so I took it as sign that it probably wasn't going to be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in another role that might fit your experience?   Answer Question

Senior Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Bunch of random interviewers who are not as experienced as you are. At the end you land up knowing more that the interviewers. Usually for a senior position like that they want to know if you are a candidate with an "wrong attitude and vanity". If not, you are the right one for that company. No EGO's allowed.

Interview Questions

• I have heard of you before, when can you start?   1 Answer

FX Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at ScanlineVFX (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Listened to owner talk about how great the company was, watched Scanline reel. They asked very little about my experience or skills, and showed me their cafeteria that had to be called the "nightclub" - it looked like an '80's gay bar set for an after school special.
    Lots of smiling and nodding and one word approval noises "wow!", "amazing!" etc really seemed to help.
     Brief mention of no OT until after 45 hours a week because they're pretending to be a high tech professional company and so exempt from BC labour law. Every other studio in town has been busted for this, but I guess nobody told Scanline.

Interview Questions

• Did you like our demo reel? What do you think?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.