Schlumberger Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Schlumberger Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Schlumberger

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

A "Métier manager" at SLB was looking for a specific profile at the PhD level, found my resume online at my university website, and then contacted me directly.

First-round on-campus interview: 30 mins.
Second-round at-SLB interview: 1.5 days including 45-min research presentation, 1-on-1 with future manager and colleagues.

Decision made within days following second-round interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very technical, they invited discussion of my PhD work, but there were no "technical quiz" questions -- I hate those even though I do well in them, so the experience was positive.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger in May 2014.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The first one was a human resources interview followed by a technical interview, which was conducted by the hiring manager for that role. These were followed by an on site interview where multiple sessions were held to check technical knowledge, problem solving skills and general aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, questions to check your aptitude and your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I received two phone calls for interviews and then, they sent me an invitation for 1.5 days of more interviews with 4 different managers, then a technical presentation about any project that I have been involved

Interview Questions

• general questions about electrical engineering, nothing very complicated   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

phone interview, and day and half of interviews. Four to five manager from different groups interview the candidates. It is up to then the questions and the subject of the interviews. It can be personal or technical staff.

Interview Questions

• depends on the manager who interview you, technical staff   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The process was pleasant. I went the info section on campus and hand in my resume. Most students who went to the info section had already gotten an interview the next day(They probably got it during career fair). I got a email later that day that ask me I can come to interview the next day. The interview was only one on one for about 45 minutes. Most of the questions are about my projects(Maybe couple behavioral questions, but should be easy enough that I don't remember).

I got an email couple days later asking me for onsite interview at Houston, TX. The trip was two days. First day included a tour of the sugar land campus, dinner with some of the engineers who are going to interview us the next day. The first day was casual and lots of social. The second day include one presentation and 4, one hour, one on one interview. The interviewer are generally from your area. some of them may not familiar with your expertise, so they will ask for behavioral questions. The ones who know your area will ask your more technical questions. Every interview were more like an conversation. It reduced a lot of the nervousness. Just do a review what you learnt and what you presented. I mess up one question about one part of my project(and it was asked), technical question. I think that was my biggest deduction of the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• behavioral like why schlumberger. technical like draw a root locus when system is stable.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The phone interview is 25 mins. They emailed me within two weeks to invite me to Houston for onsite interview. Onsite interview consists 1 research presentation, and four 45 mins interviews with different manager.

Interview Questions

• Give you a tape measure and a watch, how to measure the height of this building? Answer this in 2 mins.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

I was recruited and my recruiter set the interview up. I was finishing school so we discussed my projects and goals. Went over my resume and and previous internships. Wasnt very difficult

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through the website under career, 2 months later I received a phone call, I was interviewed by phone, nothing really serious the recruiter asked me general questions, 2 weeks after I received an email for the following up.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Received interview at university career fair. Interviewed with amlumnus from the same major. Discussed some courses previously taken and other behavioral queations. Then answered technical questions on white board. Questions were fairly fundamental and included RC circuits, to op-amps, Fourier transform, and circuit design. Most complicated question involved the Central Limit Theorem. Not too bad. Very cordial.

Interview Questions

• What is the Fourier Transform of a box? Of a triangle? Infinite amount of boxes convolved with each other?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I got the internship through career fair at Georgia Tech. I my resume at their booth during the career fair. Same day I received a call for an on-campus interview. There is only one interview for selection of interns. The result comes out within three-four weeks.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.