Schlumberger Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Schlumberger Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Schlumberger

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very interesting & different compared to a 9-5 job. You immediately sense that you aren't applying for a traditional job; rather, you're honored to have been selected to have an opportunity to a unique career path - one full of opportunities, challenges, and personal development. It's not for everyone but they disclose all the downsides of the fixed-step program.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine if the light switch works in a refrigerator with the door closed?   10 Answers

Negotiation

There's not much to negotiate. This is a large corporation that has predetermined the pay and the recruiters are well- trained to place you in a compatible segment.

Other Interview Reviews for Schlumberger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application and got a call within a week. It was a telephonic HR interview. Questions were based on resume and standard questions on strengths and weaknesses. He asked if i would be interested hardware design and nothing out of the blue or unexpected.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Two step process. First interview with recruiter. Then a full day interview which covered presentation, team work and team competition.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not a problem, the hard part was the next step of the selection process. Team work solving tests and competitions, and the presentation of any subject, and being prepare for whatever task they ask you to do that day.   Answer Question

They took couple of months to give me an offer and I took another offer to go to grad school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2008.

Interview

There was an interview process for a group; including several group challenge projects, a tour of the training facility and training driling rig as well as a presention of various positions within the company. The group interview included explicit information on compensation and benefits proposed drilling technical school for 18 month process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you encountered a safety issue with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Less money than current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied on the website of the company and I had a phone interview 3 weeks later. The interview was mainly about my resume and my internships. No technical questions.

Examples of questions: do you work well under pressure? What did you learn from your previous internships?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Got a call from Schlumberger and was asked the following question:
    1) Briefly explained some of the content (mostly research related) of my resume
    2) What is teamwork for you? and give an example
    3) Why Schlumberger

Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial communications were very clear and professional. I received a call from the recruiter following our in-person conversation at a career fair. Several weeks from then I received a call from an actual employee and was interviewed for a specific position. Then I attended the recruitment day where along with other candidates. Each of us delivered a technical presentation, we also played several team-building games.

Interview Questions

• Try to be yourself - I wasn't sure what was required during games but I believe it was important to demonstrate leadership together with teamwork.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Sugar Land, TX (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

College recruit, on-site intervew

Interview Questions

• technical question (related to physics principles in major) but not too difficult   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person interview. The company will cover the transportation cost if not local. There will be a site tour during the interview. Be prepare in advance on the company background and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Brain tweezer question. Some instant challenge to check your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview with hiring manager, basic skills test. The skills test consisted of basic math, physics and chemistry questions. There were a few questions which were oilfield specific but not utterly difficult to figure out. The hiring managers were very good at explaining the duties of the position and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel to remote locations of the world at very short notice?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.