Schlumberger Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Schlumberger

2,196 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

First round was all behavioral questions and lasted about 30 minutes. There was no technical questions whatsoever. They want to probe whether you are a good fit for the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of a situation in where you showed leadership and initiative.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, took 1 month to get a phone screen and another month to get to the on-site interview.

The overall experience is very bad compared to other big firms. Half of the interviewers have an arrogant attitude. They don't seem to be interested to get know your skills or what you good at.

The interviewer is not open-minded at all! They seem really proud of what they already know. Not willing to discuss and provide feedback to you. When you say some technology they don't know they were like 'What?!' and then change the topic right away. Refuse to give clarification about the question they asked. Keep interrupt you when you talking. Keep throwing a word like 'Why?! How?! What?!'. I feel so sorry Schlumberger has employees with such low-level communication skills work for them. Some of the interviewers even play with their phones during the interview. I lost my interest to work for them before I finish all rounds of interview.

If you are a software engineer try to avoid this company. Try to find some companies with a humble, curious, open-minded and inclusive culture.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Applied at my university career fair, got the interview for the next day. But I didn't hear anything back at all that I didn't get the position. Wished they would've sent me an email saying they weren't moving fowad with my application.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavioral questions like tell a time of when you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schlumberger.

Interview

Phone screen, then several in person interviews and at least one lunch. QUestions always relate to the job, some personality type questions as well. Overall you get to meet a great representation of the organization. Most people were forthcoming in discussing pros and cons of their jobs.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

First give presentation in front of everyone on any technical project or internship and after that
     four technical rounds with different interviewers. Almost 6-7 hours of interview. Mostly basic mechanical and finite element analysis related questions. Interview was a mixture of technical and HR questions.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

It was through an online application. You have enough time, not limited to seconds or minutes, to prepare your answer and record it. In case you are satisfied with your recording, you may submit it. Otherwise, you have the option to record as many times as you want.

Interview Questions

Interview

Flew to Houston. Presentation and 4 45-minute interviews. Very tiring but not unpleasant. 2 day-affair. Flew to Houston. Presentation and 4 45-minute interviews. Very tiring but not unpleasant. 2 day-affair

Engineer Interview

Interview

I had an HR Phone screen and then an onsite interview with multiple candidates. Three different interview panels. Each panel asked mix of technical and general questions. The interview is relaxed.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied through campus and was given an in person interview, it was a general HR interview, more like they wanted to get to know you. Then was offered a second round where they reserved a hotel for you and invited all the candidates for dinner to meet the interviewers. the next day was reserved for interviews, each person had two interviews.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schlumberger (Lafayette, LA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

My first round interview with Schlumberger was online. This was my first online interview and I had to record my response when given a question. There was no time limit and I was able to re-record myself as many times as I liked. There were around 8 questions in total.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.