Seagate Technology Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

I applied to Seagate in April 2020 and was interviewed by two biorobots. The female one had a bit of an accent and, because of that, could pass for a human. The male one lacked any accents or regional identifiers in his voice but was apparently programmed to sound bored and slightly irritated all the time. The female one tried to quiz me on specifics of TensorRT API, pretty much down to a signature of a particular function call as she somehow thought it was relevant and very appropriate for a warmup question. The male one demanded that I described exactly what I did for a project. I spoke for 10 minutes and pretty much gave him the whole spiel, including some of the secret sauce, the fact that I now deeply regret considering what a waste of time it turned out to be. Unfortunately, I used "In general..." in one of the sentences, because, really, the use case was not very clear cut and we tried several different approaches. It turned out that the only neuron that fired in his single layer perceptron brain was the one indicating that I used the wrong form for my answer ! He cut me off mid-sentence, and, again, demanded to know exactly what I did for the project, not "in general" but down to nitty gritty details, ending with a condescending "it's ok if your teammate did this". From that point on, the only thing I could think of is the sheer ridiculousness of this whole sad scene.
Good luck folks you will likely need it as spinner hard drives fall out of favor and the market share of your product dwindles. You are probably scrambling to invent a new paradigm, a task notoriously difficult for human robots like the ones you have on your task force. Good luck regardless, but first and foremost you'll probably need to "re-think" your hiring strategies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me first over the phone and set up a phone interview with a hiring manager. The next step was a conversation over the phone with the principal data scientist.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Series of phone interviews with team, management, and directors. Some interviewers were conversational, others asked technical and behavioral questions. There was a test in excel were you do basic time series analysis (identifying and interpreting trends). You then present your quick research in a powerpoint presentation. I did mine over the phone. Despite being rather under-qualified (in terms of experience), I was a finalist for the position. It was nice, but very long, interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had someone who disagreed with you? How did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2019.

Interview

first round is phone call with HR, then second round is remote coding question test with data scientist, he/she will oversee you during test time, if you pass, third round with face to face with data scientist

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.