Find jobs for Data Scientist

Seagate Technology Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 420 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology

Application

I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

First is coding test. In the email it said we were given 1 hour. During the test, it was 30 mins. Try to be consistent please. Second round is video interview. They were very unprofessional during the interview. Apparently it's ok for them to turn off their camera while I have to turn on mine. Felt like a specimen being watched from afar. The interviews weren't exactly fun, they made no effort to make small talk and immediately jumped into the interview questions the moment I joined the call. This gives me the impression that the interviewers are not friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Basic ML & optimization questions
    Answer Question

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

I applied to Seagate in April 2020 and was interviewed by two biorobots. The female one had a bit of an accent and, because of that, could pass for a human. The male one lacked any accents or regional identifiers in his voice but was apparently programmed to sound bored and slightly irritated all the time. The female one tried to quiz me on specifics of TensorRT API, pretty much down to a signature of a particular function call as she somehow thought it was relevant and very appropriate for a warmup question. The male one demanded that I described exactly what I did for a project. I spoke for 10 minutes and pretty much gave him the whole spiel, including some of the secret sauce, the fact that I now deeply regret considering what a waste of time it turned out to be. Unfortunately, I used "In general..." in one of the sentences, because, really, the use case was not very clear cut and we tried several different approaches. It turned out that the only neuron that fired in his single layer perceptron brain was the one indicating that I used the wrong form for my answer ! He cut me off mid-sentence, and, again, demanded to know exactly what I did for the project, not "in general" but down to nitty gritty details, ending with a condescending "it's ok if your teammate did this". From that point on, the only thing I could think of is the sheer ridiculousness of this whole sad scene. Good luck folks you will likely need it as spinner hard drives fall out of favor and the market share of your product dwindles. You are probably scrambling to invent a new paradigm, a task notoriously difficult for human robots like the ones you have on your task force. Good luck regardless, but first and foremost you'll probably need to "re-think" your hiring strategies.

Interview Questions
  • Specifics of loading a pre-trained model in TensorRT
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Singapore) in Nov 2019

Interview

first round is phone call with HR, then second round is remote coding question test with data scientist, he/she will oversee you during test time, if you pass, third round with face to face with data scientist

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in Jun 2015

Interview

A recruiter contacted me first over the phone and set up a phone interview with a hiring manager. The next step was a conversation over the phone with the principal data scientist.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your self and describe your research.

Seagate Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview

Series of phone interviews with team, management, and directors. Some interviewers were conversational, others asked technical and behavioral questions. There was a test in excel were you do basic time series analysis (identifying and interpreting trends). You then present your quick research in a powerpoint presentation. I did mine over the phone. Despite being rather under-qualified (in terms of experience), I was a finalist for the position. It was nice, but very long, interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had someone who disagreed with you? How did you resolve the situation?
  • Tell me about yourself?
RSS Feed</>Embed