Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.8

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Fremont, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview about background & experience. Second round onsite and illustrated some programming project and other skills. Third round is to meet with the team and see if the culture fits.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience. I had one behavioral interview and three technicals interviews, two technicals interviews being over the phone and one in-person. I was mostly asked JS related questions, some build tools. I was asked a two algorithm questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Terrible overall process. Went through five phone/skype interviews over the course of three weeks; so not a small commitment on my part. Followed up with hiring manager a week later to check on status of their process and/or their decision and was ignored completely. I thought maybe he was on vacation or something, so waited another week to follow up with HR and she finally told me that they've decided to keep looking. I understand I wasn't a good fit, but at least have the courtesy to tell me that in a timely fashion without me having to reach out to multiple people...

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

none details

Interview Questions

• Describe your strenth and weakness   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to apply this job?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got an email -> scheduled a call with the recruiter -> got through screening -> got an interview w hiring manager -> heard back the next week.

Overall process was quick and the staff was very helpful to my situation where I had pending deadlines. Staff responded quickly to calls/emails.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • You are assigned a task that is due tomorrow, but you cannot finish (even if you pull an all-nighter)- what do you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in November 2016.

Interview

I had 9 interviews. All lasting between 20 minutes and 1 hour. The interviews were all different and I knew what to expect and what to answer when I was going into the next interview. All the interviews were phone interviews, Skype, and 1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked skills and personality questions. I had interviews with all different people so they could understand myself and who I am. I thought there was an unnecessary amount of interviews. They should have paneled them together and not made everyone separately interview me.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a lot of very thorough specific questions laid out to go over. Also had you do some software examples of you experience level with Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this position   1 Answer

Analyst II Interview

Interview

Several interviews over the phone and three at main campus in Cupertino, CA. There was an interview with an HR representative, as well as several director-level and above interviewers. The interviews were all under 30 minutes long and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Mostly STAR questions (behavioral) just asking about experiences I have had, how I reacted, and what behaviors I would change in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was good so I accepted and started 2 weeks later.

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a very detailed process due to the vision of VP of Marketing at the time. I talked to all his direct reports even if my job function had nothing to do with them.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you do as the CEO of Seagate?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. Interview with both Human Resources and hiring manager. Email communication with Human Resources afterwards. Process was relatively smooth and straightforward. The hiring decision was made quickly and offer was received shortly after.