Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Interviewed over phone call. First round with hiring manager, second round with the engineers in the group. Very basic questions and basically is bout my background. Not many technical questions. Probably this is a hardware position.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online in July 2018. Got an email from a recruiter with some screening questions. Never heard back from him even after following up multiple times. Then suddenly got a col from hiring manager without notice and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview was easy. He told me that he already filled the position but another manager might have a position and he is taking interview instead of the other manager. I told him that I have other onsite interviews lined up so wanted the update at least a week. Never heard back from him. Still no answer after 1 month

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Tell me about yourself
      Some Embedded and RTOS questions
      Standard C and OS questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

still in process. I applied for the internship directly to the hiring manager of the group , received e-mail back the other day and scheduled a phone call the Friday after. Then I receieved an informal phone call from the hiring manager, asked basic questions such as graduation time, and scheduled a visiting to their place.

Engineer - Wafer Sustaining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Relatively easy interview, asked simple questions about past work and projects. The people who ran the phone call were really nice and created a comfortable atmosphere over the phone which can often be hard to find.

Embedded Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I got a phone interview. The interviewer was a little disorganized. The interview was focused on standard and behavioral questions, with a few questions about my technical background and coding experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Initially had a preliminary interview with HR, asking basic questions about my background. Was invited for an in person interview. The in person consisted of meeting with 4 different people, each individually. They each asked the same questions about my background, work experience, projects etc. Followed up a week later with HR to get a status update on the interview process and got no response, waited over a week and emailed again with no response. So I waited another week then emailed the manager who I interviewed with and got no response. To drive 3 hours each way for the interview only to not even get a response back is very disappointing, even if I didn't get the job they should have the decency to respond or let me know.

Engineer - Wafer Sustaining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed over the phone. Basically a lightning round interview, interviewer did not introduce himself before firing off questions and asking for an elevator pitch. Received an email 2 days later that I was not moving on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume and experience with cleanroom and fab/analysis tools   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter for basic phone screening followed by call interview with Sr. Manager. He asked me some basic questions like Arrays over Linked Lists and advantages of Binary trees, basic OS questions like process scheduling and priority inversion and some other non-technical stuff. A week and a half later had an onsite interview with Senior Managers and Directors. Very nice people. Pretty laid back. They just want to know you and expect honest answers. 2 rounds technical followed by lunch followed by 2 behavioural rounds with the directors and senior managers. All technical stuff was from basic OS, debugging and comp arch. The last thing was a C test. Relatively simple for anyone straight out of college. The test contained questions on ISR, storage classes, function pointers, arrays, structs and unions, preprocessor directives and basic bit manipulation.

Overall I think technical forms only about 1/4 of their selection process!

Interview Questions

• Traversing a binary tree and another unexpected technical question based on a project on my resume which I failed to answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Got the first interview with HR. Question was direct and simple, didn't went through the resume but only focused on how my experience relate to the job requirement. Didn't think I could get through but got the second interview a month later with hiring manger. His phone talk was very positive, and asked about my concerns and my time schedule etc. I though I had it but never hear back. Emailed both HR and manager but got no response. I guess that is a no.

HR Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with my recruiter, second interview was on-site with the hiring manager and the final interview was on-site where I had individual interviews with the HR Business Partners and the Comp & Ben person. Interviews were structured with Behavioral Based Interview questions mixed with some clarifying questions.