Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.8

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Reno, NV (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Got an email back from a recruiter setting up a date with hiring manager and her colleague. The call with the hiring manager and her colleague was heavily technical and asked a lot of indepth questions. Almost felt like recruiter and hiring manager were not on same page with my qualifications.

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter, spoke on the phone, typical behavioral questions / recruiter talk.

Got a second round with hiring manager, asked more about my skills in things such as Tableau, SQL, etc. Went into some specifics about some of Tableau's tools etc.

Never got a response, emailed the recruiter a week after my talk with the manager and no response. Interviewed by the same recruiter last summer too, also no response. Atrocious unresponsive HR.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Tableau experience and specific tools   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience. I had one behavioral interview and three technicals interviews, two technicals interviews being over the phone and one in-person. I was mostly asked JS related questions, some build tools. I was asked a two algorithm questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2018.

Interview

1st Phone Screen - Short talk with recruiter about hiring process & job description

Coding Challenge - Straightforward coding assignment, went over during second interview

2nd Phone Screen - Went over coding challenge with hiring manager and talked about skills

Interview Questions

• Process when tackling a problem with little documentation/online help   Answer Question

Thin Film Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Mostly technical questions which are very detailed and related to research, at the end they ask personality stuff, the questions are based on the resume and some related to the position itself

Staff Product/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone call by HR followed by 3 30 minutes phone call by hiring team.

Was asked if I was married by 2 of the 3 hiring team members. One appeared to be a slip up when discussing work/life balance, but the other was just an isolated question.

Interview Questions

• Just general conversation. Most questions were ones I prepared for the interview.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

One phone round with the hiring manager where he/she asked about my experience and courses in college.
    Phone screen was followed by in-person interviews. There were four interviews and a C assessment.
    Round1: Behavioral / resume round - managers
    Round 2: Technical - principal engineer
    Round 3: Behavioral - managers
    Round 4: Technical - senior engineers

BI Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Brief HR screening followed by over half a day of interviews with various associates. It quickly became apparent how unprepared the interviewers were. They had very different perspectives on the job description and the questions were all over the place.

Interview Questions

• During phone interview a developer attempted to describe a dashboard to me and then asked me to troubleshoot a specific data problem based on his description.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA (US)).

Interview

Process took a month or so. Phone call with HR. Phone call with potential manager. Skype calls with other people in the department. None of them were really technical, and it was overall really easy. Got the offer pretty quick.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA (US)).

Interview

Had 4 phone interviews then was asked in for 4 more in person interviews. The head of the dept. cancelled and when I spoke with the recruiter, he knew nothing about this...a week later I haven't heard anything, even from the recruiter, I guess I've been ghosted?

Interview Questions

• Several questions pertaining to old positions and situations   Answer Question