Seagate Technology Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.9

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Start from 9am, presentation first; then a panel interview followed, 3:1; then a nice lunch; then meet director and a senior engineer and finally HR

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions; A lot of behavior questions asked   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

phone interview first, and the office onsite interview. Was required to do a 45min presentations, and spend the whole day talk with people in the group. They are really nice and professional. The traveling itinerary was arranged well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very special. Just general question and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a Seagate recruiter and submitted my resume. A couple days later, I was contacted by a Seagate manager with whom I talked on the phone for close to an hour. He sounded enthusiastic about me, but I didn't hear back for about 10 days, at which point an HR rep asked me to come out for an interview three days later. I called Seagate's travel agent and they arranged flight, car, and a comfortable hotel right near their location.

I was asked to prepare an hour-long research presentation, and given a precise schedule of my interview (9am - 3pm) several days ahead of time.

My interview consisted of my hour-long presentation and Q&A, then about 8 one-on-one meetings with members of the group I would join, from young engineers who had been there 2-3 years to a VP. My initial impression was that most of the group members were "midwestern" and low-key, but they were extremely smart and asked very good questions. They explained to me some of their group's organization and basic challenges and roles. I was asked to talk about my background and personality in detail, but there were no gotcha or trick questions, a noticeable difference from my other tech interviews. They seemed pleased with my background and resume.

I was taken out to lunch for an hour with the manager. My interviewers were friendly in terms of offering me coffee and bathroom breaks. Individual interviews started and ended on time.

My final interview was with HR. They asked me about salary expectations and other offers. I was a little bit coy, but estimated one other forthcoming offer, and told them that I was very favorably impressed with Seagate and enthusiastic about the job. A few days later, they decided to match my competing offer.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of electronic design software tools have you used?   Answer Question

This was a very tough call for me, but ultimately I decided that another offer was a slightly better fit for me in terms of personality and location, as well as long-term prospects.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The phone interview consists of a group of people. Most of questions are from your resume. The questions are not difficult and I felt that they just want to know more about you from the interview. The on-site interview is very easy. There is no format, no difficult questions. They randomly talked with you and asked you easy questions. People are nice ans smart. They like to talk with you in mid-west styles. It seems to me that they just try to see whether you can fit the team well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary is what I expected, so I did not negotiate.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)).

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews for this role: a screening interview with a recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and a day-long on-site interview. Things started out very rocky with this hiring process--so rocky I really felt like an underdog, though eventually I got the offer. Recruiters responded to my application months after I submitted it. Multiple recruiters emailed to ask me my availability for a phone interview that week, which was confusing, and then nobody followed up. After I contacted them and we supposedly nailed down a time, I never got the call!! It was very rude. A couple weeks later one of them did manage to call me, and at the end of the call informed me the hiring manager had asked to speak with me. This was not surprising as I have friends in his orbit who were advocating for me. Once I got past those particular recruiters things got better. My conversation with the hiring manager was not very detailed, though he was able to he already wanted to bring me for an interview. The on-site interview came a couple of weeks later. The position is part of a large team, so I met with five different members of the team, each for half an hour. Many of these team members came from my same educational institution, so we chatted about people we know in common. When we did not have these connections, the team members asked me about details on my resume and questions related to soft skills. I had expected more technical questions, but I had none during these individual meetings. I was given lots of opportunity to ask about the workplace and I wished I had been more prepared with good questions on this topic. These one-on-one meetings were broken up by two other things: lunch with the hiring manager and some team members, and a technical presentation, which I gave. The presentation was 30-45 minutes in length on my own research. A bunch of people came, and they asked good questions. At the end of this, I was offered a tour of the cleanroom facility. All in all, I was there for a good six hours for the on-site interview. I was able to showcase my technical abilities in my talk and the rest of the time seemed to be focused on assessing fit.

Interview Questions

• What have been sources of conflict in your previous work, and how have you resolved those conflicts.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)).

Interview

Call with external recruiter, then call with internal recruiter, then call with hiring manager and one of their direct reports, then 4 hours of multi-round in-person interviews. Most of the interviews were not particularly technical. The in-person interviews were with two people at a time, and there were some typical STAR-type questions. The last part of the process was being taken about the lab and asked questions about the equipment to see what I knew.

Unfortunately, even after I spent several hours and took time off from my current job to interview at Seagate, they didn't have the professionalism to call or email me to tell me the result of the interview. The only information I got was when, after over 2 months, the online job application status changed to "process completed", and they reposted the position. Rejections are fine. Silence isn't.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Process was unmanaged, interview was not scheduled properly.
    Interview person was ill mannered.lack of professionals, disrespect candidates.
    Not clear about their requirement.
    Not asking about your previous work experience.
    Interviewer doesn't know answer about asked questions.
    Not understanding syntax

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Johor Bahru (Malaysia)) in December 2013.

Interview

Apply thru job seeker website. received call from hiring manager and having phone call interview for background checking. Arrange face to face meeting with Manager and Director. After few weeks got an offer.

Interview Questions

• How well your PLC Programming?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.