Seagate Technology Staff Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Seagate Technology Staff Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Fremont, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I got referred by employee, and went through one phone interview, and two on-site interviews. Most of the people interviewing me are friendly. Overall, the process is pleasant. The hiring process is quick once decision is being made.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Laid back interview process, interview was fairly commonplace. Questions were not tricky. Interview panel was comprised of two people due to the smaller nature of the newly formed group.

Interview Questions

• What type of management style do you prefer?   2 Answers

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Brief discussions with hiring manager, director (both of whom I already knew) and sever other managers. Not sure this info will be helpful because it was over 10 years ago

Interview Questions

• What I considered tough support problems   1 Answer

Negotiation

I intereviewed for a junior level position but was able to get the level raised due to my experience.

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Review resume and find the interested people. Mainly by hiring manager. Sometimes, team member can also help to filter the resume.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview and then was called over for onsite interviews. The telephonic was about 45 minutes and onsite interviews consisted of a 1:1, panel interviews and skills test. Overall, the experience was positive. All people who interviewed me were veterans in the company and really seem to enjoy their work. The last interviewer showed me around the company and the seagate manufacturing process.

Interview Questions

• how would you move mount fuji?   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Telephonic round based on resume, Followed by three rounds of Hangout call with US teams,then Face to face interview with the Pune team. All the rounds were Pure Technical Rounds with concepts and detailed solution descriptions

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

take atitude test and english test then normal interview thai and english. talk about experience and background including job responsibility and oportunity. taking interview two round with sr manager both thai and english then hr call for offerring and starting date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bengaluru) in September 2015.

Interview

Discussion started with a telephonic round where they checked only basic OOPS concepts. Next day I asked to be in seagate office for a F2F where it was a walk-in with 18 candidates. They took 3 more technical rounds of discussion where they were asking basic C++ and problem solving skills. To be frustrating they are repeating questions in each round. The first round was there from 10:30AM to 11:30 and I waited inside the conf room for around an hour for second round. Second round completed by 1:30 and they asked to eat something and come. There were no food served (it was a Saturday) and cafeteria even closed. So I waited there expecting there will be some manager round or HR round. at 3.15 they called for next discussion and again it as technical and even too basics and repeating questions . It went for an hour and the guy asked me to write a builder pattern code in sheet. I told I cant to do this now, we can discuss on a problem and can discuss how builder pattern will be used. I was too tired by that time. Soon he asked me to leave the room as he is done. HR came and asked me whether I have done, and I told Yes, She went back and checked the panel and asked me to leave that day. I was expecting positive from them and so far no reply

Interview Questions

• Basic linked list
      Array
      Sorting, searching
      Virtual function calls
      Some problem using BST
      Map implementation in C++
      Write a singleton class
      Design patterns   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Samut Prakan (Thailand)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Samut Prakan (Thailand)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was initially referred by a professor who works with Seagate back in March 2012. However, I was not called back until May 2012 for an interview. I had my first interview with 2 senior staff engineers. It was very informal. Basically, we talked about my past experience and the nature of the job at Seagate. Subsequently, I was interviewed by a couple of senior directors. The talks were quite informal and similar in nature as well.

Interview Questions

• There were nothing especially difficult in my case. I mainly had to talk about my past research and experiences.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology in February 2008.

Interview

Very detailed questions about all parts of electrical engineering

Negotiation

no negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.