Shearman & Sterling Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Shearman & Sterling Interview Questions

Interviews at Shearman & Sterling

2.9

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling.

Interview

30 minute interview, fairly straightforward. One Business Analyst and one Legal Assistant - they were very friendly and interested in what I had to say. Asked me about my resume and skills needed for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if multiple deadlines were coming up and you knew you could not finish your work on time?   Answer Question
    • Why Corporate Law?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite class in college?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Was given an initial phone screening with the recruiter after applying on Indeed. After a few days was contacted again and asked to come in for an interview which involved interviewing with and HR representative and two hiring managers in the NYC office. Just over one week later I received a call from the recruiter that they had decided to go with two other candidates for the next stage of interviews and gave me feedback on the interviews that I did.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

1. Phone screening with a recruiter
    2. Video interview with HR
    3. PowerPoint and Excel test
    4. Face to face interview with hiring manager followed by their director
    5. Financial management test
    6. Eventually heard back via an automated email after several weeks

Was given the heads up on the first two tests, financial management test was a surprise during the process.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a non-legal environment, how do you feel about transferring to a different industry?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling.

Interview

Met with one current legal assistant who asked casual questions to get a sense of my work ethic and expectations for the job, which section I was interested in, etc.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Very easygoing and fun. The women who interviewed me were young and interesting, had good answers to my questions, and seem to enjoy working there. The questions were not meant to trick me or throw me off which made the process very comfortable. They were also very open about what it is like working there and happy to answer any questions I had, and share about their plans for the future.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think a legal assistant needs?   1 Answer

Real Estate Externship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my credential through symplicity and got an interview a month later. I interviewed with two partners who ran the program. Each partner selects one candidate to be his intern for the semester, but on some projects you will be working with both partners.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working in teams and if I was on a law review?   Answer Question

Global Online Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling.

Interview

My resume was submitted by a staffing agency. Nice people but oddly instead of a phone screen first they wanted an in person interview right away. The job description overly exaggerated their need for digital marketing expertise which my resume and education reflected but what they really needed for this role was a Sharepoint site expert above anything else. I would recommend to them using the job description to better communicate the non-negotiable skills needed and doing phone screens to benefit and respect the time of both interviewees and interviewers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling.

Interview

Thorough, met with numerous attorneys at a variety of levels. They conveyed that the work was demanding and rewarding, and that the demands would be significant. They made it clear that the experience would be extraordinary but required massive committment.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I met with three different employees for half an hour. It all felt very rushed and impersonal. It felt as though they were trying to talk me out of the position.

Interview Questions

• It is a 2 year commitment, would you quit if you were unhappy here?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shearman & Sterling.

Interview

Easy interview was asked to come in twice and met with the manager and director. They asked about my background and skills. First round met with the HR and then Manager

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.