Shop Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Shop Direct

2.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a HR executive, a second phone interview with the hiring manager, a presentation, a skills test and a face to face scenario based interview. In the lead up to the face to face interview all communication from HR was timely and efficient. Weeks after the face to face interview (which was over 2 hours long during the working day) I had to chase HR for the outcome, only to eventually receive a copy and pasted email which didn’t address me by name. I think due to the amount of time and effort required from candidates to complete each stage of the process, it would be courteous to inform all candidates whether or not they have been successful within the promised time frame.

Interview Questions

• What economic risks do you think Shop Direct are currently facing?   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment day- Consisted of a few of the current colleagues giving talks about various roles within the company, followed by talks about the company background, history, ethos, values etc

This is then followed by a group task, which consisted of a scenario or question that is then discussed and everyone gets involved and then findings are discussed and put together and presented back to everyone, which isn't as daunting as it sounds.

This is then followed by tours of the office buildings and the spaces, between one on one interviews with staff from the selected role you have applied for, you should by this stage know who will be interviewing you, as everyone is in the cube with you throughout the day and there is ample time to go around and network and ask plenty of questions.

Interview Questions

• What unique attributes would you bring to Shop Direct?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't one

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Speke, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Detailed and challenging interview. The interviewer had clearly done their research and came very prepared with where they wanted to take the interview. Questions were probing and took me out of my comfort zone on a couple of occasions. There was a good balance to the interview as well - it gave me the chance to really understand what I needed to know about the role, the team, the business etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Shop Direct and the journey we're on?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

Fairly quick to schedule an interview but once I had attended the communication stopped. Was told I would be notified the next week but heard nothing and have been ignored on several occasions since.

Atmosphere was nice and the building looks fantastic. Hopefully I get the opportunity to work here in the future. The interview itself was great as I got to meet a few members of the team and learn more about a company I have wanted to join for years.

Interview Questions

Shop Direct Response

19 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Really sorry to hear this, It is not acceptable and receiving feedback is the minimum we can provide you after you have taken the time to interview with us. On top of that to feel ignored must be... More

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shop Direct (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Video to submit which answers the questions on the screen

Online Test on java based questionz and one coding test

Face to face interview for one to one and half hour

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online and they called me quickly and wanted to schedule an interview with a matter or urgency. I took annual leave to attend for a “chat” and was told the next stage was a formal interview. This was something that wasn’t communicated to me when I initially had a phone call with the recruiter, the chat I had when I went to the offices was exactly the same as the phone call I had.

This is when all communicated stopped. I was reassured that I would find out and get feedback the following week. This never happened. I emailed the recruiter and followed this up with the text a few weeks later and was blatantly ignored. After seeing another glass door review with the same experience of myself, I feel that it is only right that I also share my experience.

I have never dealt with such an unprofessional recruiter in my working life, and unfortunately she doesn’t make your company look very good to perspective employees.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was really relaxed and ladies interviewing me were lovely. I was asked a lot about my previous role, looking back there was questions they asked when i should of elaborated more.

Interview Questions

• Off the top of my head there was no questions that were asked where i felt too uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Liverpool, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Two stage interview - first stage was very good with two current PM's followed by a bizarre role play interview for the second stage. The company claims to be moving to agile but the role play was based on good old waterfall project management. The interview appeared to be some kind of trick where if you don't jump up and down and shout at the interviewers then you don't get the job because you "didn't push back enough".

Interview Questions

• What would is wrong with the current plan?   1 Answer

Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Speke, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in a glass room with people outside which made me uncomfortable. Interview was heavily based around competency, and what you could bring to the role. Chat about current job role experience and skills that would suit the job. Interviewers seemed friendly enough.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have analysed data?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shop Direct (Bolton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to complete a presentation and do a CBI. Disappointingly I never received feedback after putting all the effort and preparation in for a senior manager interview, After 3 weeks I chased carious members of the recruitment team. In the end I was casually told by the receptionist at the site the position had been filled. I raised my concerns to the head of talent and the site manager - to receive no apology.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have adapted your communication style to suit..   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.