Sigma-Aldrich Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sigma-Aldrich Interview Questions

Sort:

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Had to explain all different types of lab procedures.Had to explain all lab experiences in past work experiences and also in college lab experiences through all four years of chemistry and biology.Needed to know all chemical safety handling rules.Needed to now fire and evacuation laws and rules.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in September 2013.

Interview

Three person panel interview - very intimidating; only one person would smile the other two maintained a straight poker face.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (New Haven, CT (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

A few phone calls just to talk about your previous work experience and what you learned at school. There weren't any particular question about technical skills. They seemed to want to get a feel for how you work in a group.

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I first interviewed with the hiring Manager. Next I interviewed with another Manager one on one and then the Director of Sales one on one. Since I am internal, I did not interview with Human Resources but it is required for outside applicants. The interview process seemed long but there were some things to be worked out before the position was finalized.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Within one week of submitting the application, I was called and invited to a three-hour interview on-site. I was surprised because typically there's at least a phone screen. The interview was with the research team, the team lead, and then finally with two members of HR. I felt the interview with the team was positive, but definitely not with HR. Right off the bat, one HR member shook my hand and said, "I remember you, we talked on the phone!"

No, we most certainly did not.

I didn't want to get caught in a lie (was he testing me?) so I said, "Are you sure? I don't think we did...I only applied last week, and I was scheduled for this interview by ____" (I told him the name of the person who set up my itinerary.)

He responded with, "Yes, I'm pretty sure I spoke to you."

The second HR rep said, "There's no way you could have gotten this far without a phone interview."

So someone screwed up. I must've been accidentally scheduled for an in-person interview. Unfortunately, it made me look like a complete idiot and that I had completely forgotten I'd spoken to someone over the phone - when in fact I literally never got a phone screen in the first place.

After that, the interview with HR was a little awkward, which I'm sure impacted the selection process, so I was a little miffed about that.

I understand that HR people may be completely swamped, but come on. I sincerely hope I didn't miss out on a job opportunity because of someone else's mistake.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about the role you've applied for and specifications that you've discussed with the team earlier today?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Lenexa, KS (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Was invited to facility for interview and then show around the facility. The hiring supervisor told me about the tasks that I would be performing and to what extent they work on their facility.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about performing maintenance tasks on a facility.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial communications through online application. I received contact within two weeks which was surprisingly fast, considering the state of the economy at the time. It turns out that this was because the company was very eager. Co-workers seemed passive and not very driven. Did not seem like a very challenging place, but more like a stable mid-career place.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any question being very difficult or unexpected. There was one technical question related to a freelance project I did that caught me a little off guard, but this was too specific to really be generalized.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Interview

Sigma-Aldrich reviewed my resume in School's career center and then called me. Interview was conducted three weeks later. Three project managers interviewed me for one hour, mainly based on my previous project management skills and some behavior questions. They also asked me to bring a sample project description for detailed discussion.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

The 1:1 interview consist of mainly behavioral questions. Where as the technical presentation was technical and it was for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation or problem encountered during research   Answer Question

Offer from other company

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

Initially contacted via email about setting up a phone interview. During the phone interview three people asked various questions concerning the job. Following the phone interview, a physical interview was scheduled where I met with 6 employees. The overall interview lasted 4 hours. I didn't get the job but wasn't notified one way or another. So I would recommend contacting the hiring manager to find out if the position is still open.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.