Société Générale Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Société Générale Interview Questions

Interviews at Société Générale

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online and i got mail the next day for first tech round interview and then onsite interview. it went on cool with the first round. Questions on basic OOP concepts and some web frame works questions and some on Data bases. I was prepared for the interview and the interviewer was really cool in understanding my answers.

Metals and Mining Finance Interview

Interview

Applied online, received interview notification on the next day. Two VPs. The first one was friendly, while the second one just kept saying that I was not the fit.

Market Risk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Société Générale.

Interview

There are in total two onsite interviews with the team manager and a colleague. The whole process took about 1.5 months. People at the office are nice. Really good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Ask about knowledge on bonds, discount rate, pricing models   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn while I was on the train on my way to work. At 9:15 got a call to set up an interview and in a couple of weeks I had multiple interviews hours long. My resume and previous experiences closely matched their job description so the fit, I believe, was excellent. Also I was coming from a bank with a much higher standing in the space they were looking for, which provided credibility.

Unfortunately, once we started talking about salary expectations, they went silent. Obviously I did not get the job. They were looking for someone covering an MD role with a Director’s pay. Thank you but no thank you.

Everyone seemed very nice and the environment positive. I would have taken the job if they offered what I wanted.

Interview Questions

Interview

first round phone and then second round onsite, final meet with managers. I think the whole process is fast and efficient. the interview questions are part of regular and difficult option payoff questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Société Générale in October 2019.

Interview

- I applied to the position and then I networked with one of the analysts and then I received a first-round phone interview.
    - All in all pretty simple and to the point

Interview Questions

• If you have $100 in PPE and then sell it for $80, how does that change show on all 3 of the financial statements?   Answer Question

Marketing Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Société Générale in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. 3 individual interviews (manager, director and HR) , and the process took about 1-2 weeks. Overall, very relaxing and casual. No technical questions. I would recommend do as much research as you can beforehand since you're expected to initiate conversations with interviewers.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Their is one online programming round which I cleared. After that I face one technical round which was short and I given answer of almost all question with my case studies which I learn from my 9 years of experience. After that they told me then will call me next week. I don't have any response from them. Why these HR say clear whether person is in or out at the same time. Anyways no response from them. I also feel like they are not in a mood to take my interview. I came at right time and after me other guys came. They took their interview first and when all are gone, then they took my interview. So don't know why they have done this.

Interview Questions

• design pattern, indexing, stored procedure vs function and so on   Answer Question

Loan Servicer/Loan Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Société Générale (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people the team leader and the manager. Was a easy interview and being an ex former employee of Socgen In Europe with 8 years Experience would be a good thing, but I did not receive any response for the interview meanwhile they told me I’d be informed of the process

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Société Générale (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

it took 2 rounds interview, one is a technical interview, testing the python skill, and the other is behavior and general interview, go through the resume, the basic knowledge of fixed income market

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.