Sokrati Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sokrati Interview Questions

Interviews at Sokrati

3.1

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sokrati in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through there website then after some 20 days the HR called me and asked me when can I join and told me that there will be an telephonic interview on the next day.
    After that I was asked to give one more interview then they sent an reject email.

Interview Questions

• They were pretty basic, all question were based on array or strings in the first interview.
      The second interview was pretty much the same but the interviewer asked me to tell me the code.
      How can I tell code on phone, anyways I tried and made my thought process clear.
      This time the interviewer was trying hard to confuse me and asked repeatedly the same questions.
      Overall I think it was okay and I think the second interviewer didn't like my tone.
      Though I answered all his questions they rejected me.   Answer Question

Interview

3 telephonic inerviews, 1 face to face. Starts with basics. Level increases with next level. Basics like Data structures, logical, puzzels, database should be crystal clear if you want to get selected. Each interview takes around hour or so.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

My friends suggested me this company and I applied online on careers page. Interview process took a week. Around 5/6 rounds of interview. All were telephonic+skype rounds.

1st round : Some easy logic questions.
    2nd round : 3 coding questions on queues, hash maps + 2 puzzles.
    3rd round : Some coding logic questions on stacks, trees, databasesconcepts and sql.
    4th round : Heavy discussion on distributed programming and design. Discussed algorithms and performance aspect of each algorithm. Really enjoyed this round
    5th round: Interviewed with one of the founding guys of Sokrati. Questions on my current project, 2 design problems. Questions on why I want to leave my current company.

Interview process was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Distributed systems questions were good standard questions. Required some brainstorming.   Answer Question

The HR person told me a package and offered the same, did not negotiate. The offered hike was kind of same as the annual hike in my current company.

Did not want to go to a new company for such low hike.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sokrati in January 2015.

Interview

College on-Campus process:
    Day 1:Online Aptitude-20 questions(technical 16 + 4 quant).Easy.Average guy good in C can get above 12.At the end of apti you could see your score and answers to the questions.After waitng till 5pm for the results(next rounds) our tpo said that sokrati's system crashed and we have to give apti again.
    they provided us same questions in google forms of whose answers we all knew(remember their previous test provided us answers).So everyone,i believe got 20/20.But luckily their system came back to life and our previous scores were considered.Thus they wasted an entire day.

Day 2:Coding round:16/70(approx) were shortlisted.Two codes:1) first was something related to array and to test how well you can handle loops.2) Whether a binary tree is symmetric(mirror image)?We were not supposed to compile code but to just write it there on their editor and our entire session was recorded.They mainly wanted to see how you write a code and your thinking process.

Day 3:Phone interview:The guy told me that he was keen to judge my problem solving ability.
    1) Asked me famous FizzBuzz question and told me to reduce conditions.
    2) In an array of only 1's and 0's how would you count no. of 1s and 0s without compairing and then modified it to array of 3s and 5s.
    3) Loop in a linked list.
    4) Tree:Told me to print a binary tree in zigzag manner level wise(basically Breadth first search in zigzag manner).Hint:use 2 datastructures(my answer: queue and stack) .
    I managed to answer almost all questions and he also seemed happy and satisfied but then I never received any further calls from their side.

Day 4:One of my friend received 2nd call and questions related to Sorting and DBMS were asked.
    Day 5: Same friend received a skype call and he finally got selected.

The entire process spanned a week.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sokrati in March 2015.

Interview

2 round telephonic interview , 1 round skype interview , mainly focussed on Data Structure and algorithm, Data base management system, interviewer was good in data structure . they were mainly looking for problem solving skill.

Interview Questions

• find the middle element of link list, detect loop in link list   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview process consisting of coding assignment, telephonic interview and then face to face round. Interviewer mostly focused on code optimization, time and space complexities of various algorithms. Assignment based questions to optimize the given code.

1) Find all possible palindromic partitions of string?
    2) Logical questions on Array.
    3) sorting algorithms

Interview Questions

• Given two integer arrays, A and B. for each element of array A find the count of numbers which are less than equal to in Array B.?   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied though referral drive and got a call after 10 days around to take an online coding test. Test was having 2 question based on DS with any language available to code. After online test, got a call from HR for next round of interviews which were one after one and each round were eliminative.

2 telephonic interviews
    1 Skype based interview
    3 face to face interview

All these were core technical with 75% Data structure based, 10% oops concepts, 10% DBMS concepts and 5 percent on academic project based questions.

Final round was taken by some most senior employee (can call as like director round) and was based on job description in current company, academic project detail, why Sokrati..in short, everything written in resume..everything.

Finally selected for SDE-I on non negotiable based package. Although I was having 8 month exp only and that also from QA background so happily accepted offer without any negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Qustion were from every aspect of DS like tree, linked list, stack etc and they were mainly looking for most efficiently designed solution   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune) in June 2015.

Interview

Total four rounds including one coding round. First two telephonic rounds.One face to face and coding round in Sokrati office.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

Firstly I was given 2 questions on data structures to be solved at home. (Moderately difficult). Followed by a telephonic interview where the interviewer stressed a lot on complexities. Followed by face to face speed interviews in which I had to give interviews to four different interviewers for 15 mins each. The entire process was very lengthy

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sokrati (New Delhi) in November 2018.

Interview

First Round was a technical test: Questions from GATE exam were asked, I suggest to go through all the GATE questions from Geeksforgeeks or any other website of choice.
    Second Round was a Coding Round: We were given an assignment to be submitted within 38 hours. 4 questions based on html code, css and php. Anyone with knowledge in web development can solve it.
    Final Round was Telephonic Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most recent project that you worked on?   1 Answer
    • Technical Questions based on the project, What is Android Studio, Pillars of Android Development, What is XML file etc..   Answer Question
    • Given an unsorted array how to find a missing number?   1 Answer
    • How to find the distance between 2 nodes in a Binary Search Tree?   Answer Question
    • How to check if a Linked List has a Loop?   Answer Question
    • Given an array of 0s and 1s how to sort it so that 0 appears first and 1 after?   Answer Question