Sokrati Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sokrati Interview Questions

Updated 3 Jun 2019

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vasco Da Gama

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Vasco Da Gama) in March 2013.

Interview

1) Online Aptitude Test

2) Case Study
    We were given a case study of Volvo buses India to prove its cost worthiness for the buyer. I did a SWOT analysis and used a guesstimate. i showed that 30% premium on ticket fares is justified over 200% higher cost of the bus. ( 4-5 days were given)

3) Resume Shortlisting (I don't know why was this necessary here)

4) 4 Personal Interviews ( 2-3 hours for all 4 of them)

1st was about knowledge of analytics, adsense, company's business and related know how.
    2nd was about general interview quetions ... weakness, strength, and what did you do about your weakness....question on how you would prioritize your work at office
    (you are ceo.. employees fighting ...some plumbing problem....customers unhappy...etc...what will you do?)
    3rd was about puzzles.. guesstimates...
    4th was about graph & trends.. i was asked to draw a trend in job openings/offers in a year and explain the trend.

Nothing was difficult as such.. All general questions and very simple...I guess I was not prepared since I was completely busy in my thesis even just before the interview...
    All this process took around a month or so.... 1st apti ...then after a fortnight shortlisted people were to submit the case study.... after 4-5 days again resume shortlisting was done.... 8-10 days later the interviews were to happen online using google hangout..all on same day.

Interview Questions

• Problem: you have 100 doors in a row that are all initially closed. you make 100 passes by the doors starting with the first door every time. the first time through you visit every door and toggle the door (if the door is closed, you open it, if its open, you close it). the second time you only visit every 2nd door (door #2, #4, #6). the third time, every 3rd door (door #3, #6, #9), etc, until you only visit the 100th door.

question: what state are the doors in after the last pass? which are open which are closed?
      (not difficult but i have to fill this space :P)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune).

Interview

1st Round - Telephonic Aptitude Interview (Around an hour or so)
    2nd Round - Face to face interview with 2 employees
    3rd Round - Face to face interview with one of the CEO's (same day)

Please note that even though the position was of a Business Analyst, all the F2F questions I was asked were for a team lead. This might be because of my seniority in front of the other employees which are usually recent graduates (I have 3 years of experience- so not that senior).
    Anyways, I thought it was a little unfair to ask me questions about leading a team and marketing domain since I had made clear that this was a new field for me beforehand. Also, I was given no intimation that this job requires managing a team (if you check their website, the BA position nowhere mentions leading a team as description or criteria)

Suggestion- They pride on their very young culture so might want to put you in a senior level immediately (which is definitely a good thing), so please be prepared with leading a team answers if you have a few years of experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage a team? How will you handle the scenario since most people younger than you will have more domain knowledge than you do? If we give you 4 people in a team, how will you make sure you don't differentiate between them?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sokrati in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the interviewer and she asked me about myself, I answered her. It was a telephonic interview and there was a lot of disturbance so I asked her to call me back and she did after a while and the disturbance was even more. We again began with the interaction and she wanted to know more about my extracurricular activities than my curriculum.Then I was asked why I wanted to join Sokrati and brief on the company if I knew about it. It was casual not so serious so we began with the questions then.

Interview Questions

• Q1 If you have a box in front of you and it has equal number of black and white balls and you are blind folded then in how many attempts can you have 1 pair of same colour balls?   1 Answer
    • Q2 There are 2 trains A and B moving towards each other. A is at a speed of 100kmph B is at a speed of 70kmph. There is a crow sitting on train A and when A and B are 200km apart from each other the crow starts flying towards B at a speed of 30kmph. How much time Will it take the crow to reach B.   3 Answers
    • Q3 It was a guesstimate question. How many tubelights may be there in nagpur.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

I had applied for this company, after being informed of the vacancy at one of the leading social network sites. I forwarded my resume, and got a call soon after from the HR, who asked all the basic HR stuff, like where you are currently working, what is your role, willingness to relocate, etc.
    The date for the next interview was told, and I was clearly told next round will be just basic HR stuff only.
    When I did receive the call on the scheduled date, it was a full on technical round, which I had to take from office, as I was told it will only be a basic HR round, which was not supposed to last for more than half an hour. I was given two cases, analysis for which took half an hour each, and explanation took another hour. And this stretched till almost 11 in the night.
    For next round, I had asked what to expect, and was told i will be evaluated on Client Management. That round was fairly easy, and managed convincing the interviewer regarding my supposed Client Handling skills, in hypothetical scenarios.
    Next, i got called by the HR, stating that i have been selected for the final round of interview, and it has to be face to face, as they apparently were very convinced about my abilities. Despite trying hard to negotiate for a Skype interview, they insisted on conducting it Face to Face, which they repeatedly mentioned was extremely urgent, and had to be done at the earliest, but they were unwilling to pay for the airfare, as apparently, its against their policies. Despite this, i was willing to comply with them, and bear the additional charges for the airfare.
    When I reached there on the day of the F2F interview, it was hard to locate the office in the first place, it really was on the highway, and there was nothing nearby, you literally had to walk a long way if you even wanted some basic food. After having found the place, I was greeted by the HR, who only mentioned that she'll get the interviewers ready for me. I was still not told anything about what to expect in the day.
    I had two rounds of interview, both testing my client management skills in random hypothetical scenarios, which each lasted 45 mins each, post that they broke for lunch, and I was told to that only a formal HR round remains. After a 2 hour wait, my final round of interview began, and it was another technical round, where in the interviewer came with the sole objective of rejecting me, since he apparently was not even convinced about the role i played in my current company.
    So after a 6 hour ordeal, finally my interview ended, and i was told the HR would contact me.
    After almost 10 days, i had to call the HR up, to know about the status of my candidature, who apparently had completely forgotten that i had come over for an interview, and after 2 days I again had to follow up with her to know about my candidature.
    Shoddy behavior from the company through out, and specially from the HR

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were easy, and i was convinced about my answers, but if the interviewer has a problem against you, there's little you can do to convince him/her   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (New Delhi) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through Referral, Process included 3 rounds : 1st two were telephonic and 3rd round Skype interview. 1st round had puzzles and guesstimates. 2nd round was a little bit random. But was mainly about digital advertising. Final round was general: why sokrati,strengths and weaknesses, what do you see yourself doing in future etc

Interview Questions

• No of credit card users in India/Pune/Delhi etc
      Simple Puzzles like : 3 cats on the vertices of equilateral triangle move along edges with equal and constant speed. Find probability that they will meet(any two or all three)   2 Answers

Negotiation

The package initially is low, but you have great opportunity for growth in the company. Self Appraisals, and quick promotion will get you to the industry standards in no time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune) in September 2015.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.
    1) Tell me about yourself and about sokrati. This was just to check if you have read about the company
    I cleared 3 rounsand then the next interview was scheduled.
    2) Aptitude questions and guesstimate questions.
    3) Case studies and questions on team work and management and guesstimate questions.
    4) HR interview.

First 3 were telephonic rounds and then HR was at their office. I cleared the first 3 rounds easily.
    HR was also great but unfortunately dint get selected. Their process is too slow and I had read a lot of complains about their process and I faced the same. They did not even give the reason for rejection. Pathetic attitude.

Interview Questions

• A) General questions

1)tell me about yourself
      2)tell me about sokrati   Answer Question
    • B)Aptitude questions
      1) You have 9 balls, weight of one ball is less and you have a weighing machine (old one, balanced weight) .. How many iterations will you require to find out the ball with less weight?

2)Now you have 9 balls and one ball is faulty, you dont know if the weight is less or more, how many iterations?

3)you have a log of wood, to cut it in 3 parts you require 6 mins. how much time will it take to cut it in 6parts?

4) Guesstimate:
      How many tubelights are there in pune?   Answer Question
    • C) Case studies:
      1) Could you tell me the questions asked in last round?

2) what are the things the Prime minister should know on a dails basis? As he is a busy person and there are various other ministers for different things. (not things such as meetings etc)

3) you have 5 workers in your team, 3 out of them are on a leave and you have 3 high priority clients who need their work to be done urgently,what would you do?

4)you are the manager , one of your team member has done a mistake in budget allocation and has over spent and the client is not ready to pay the extra amount. what would you do?

5) budget 1 crore for an eCommerce website publicity on facebook. how would you use it?

6)guesstimate how many ola cabs are there in bangalore

7) 3 crore.. have to spend 10 lacks everyday, one day you spend 15 what would you do?   1 Answer
    • D) HR
      1)Tell me one thing which is not there in your resume

2)questions asked before

3)strengths weakness

4)why sokrati?

5)why digital field?

6)why business analyst?

7) one incident when you felt like giving up but still completed the task.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

Indepth Two rounds of telephonic interview - First Analytical round,Second Case studies round
    Analytical - Five or Six Quant questions..purely logic based
    Case Studies- Five short case studies;among all of them common challenge was to find the target audience and splitting of advertisement budget between SEO and Good adds

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

5 rounds in the company
    6th round telephonic interview
    The rounds are as described in the previous reviews
    Don't attend the interview as they are anyways not going to give you the offer and they compare themselves with Google and Facebook
    As it's more of youngsters here, I dint not even find sense of responsibility in the HR
    As casual as they potray themselves to be.
    Any excitement of working in a startup
    Let go and find another company for yourself.

Interview Questions

• Logical
      Guesstimate
      Situations based
      Digital marketing of a product   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

The interview process was horrible. The whole process took more than a month.
    Extremely unprofessional conduct!
    Not a single round started at the scheduled time and they don't even bother to inform you about the interview being postponed or canceled.
    They said interview would include 5 rounds but took 7 rounds instead.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 : Puzzles and guesstimates
      How many pizzas does Dominos make in a day   Answer Question
    • Round 2 : Marketing strategies and behavioral questions
      Questions like calculate the budget for Facebook ad campaign and team management questions.   Answer Question
    • Round 3 : again behavioral and team management questions. And questions like why do you want to join Sokrati.   Answer Question
    • Round 4 : psychometric test   Answer Question
    • Round 5 and further rounds : Questions like why sokrati. Would you leave if you had to do a menial job for a year. Would you get bored..   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Durgapur, West Bengal) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview after the online aptitude round.The first telephonic interview was on About yourself questions just checking out your english communication skills.The next one took place in about seven days.It consisted of Guesstimates,probability questions etc.They alaways repeats questions so prepare the glassdoor interview questions well.The aptitude questions were from previous year quant questions from CAT.Godspeed!

Interview Questions

• Guesstimate :1)No of surf excel sachet sold in chennai in a day.
      2)No. of marriages in a particular city in a day   Answer Question