Sooryen Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sooryen Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Sooryen Technologies

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone Call + Technician Interview.
    The interviewer wasn't interested from the beginning. He gave me a problem and I solved it my way. He wanted me to solve it a different way, so I was going to share my thinking process. Suddenly, he excused himself that he had a meeting and he had to leave. Then he asked me to email him my solution even though interview was 15 minutes remaining.

I solved the problem and sent him immediately. I sent him 2 follow up email past 2 weeks but never heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• First half an hour background + Html + CSS + Javascript. Rest 15 minutes I was asked to solve a easy Javascript problem.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies in January 2020.

Interview

Recruiter from the company responded to my application, scheduled an interview, and then ghosted me.

I sat by the phone for 45 minutes and they didn't bother to call. No follow up email to reschedule or apologize. Extremely unprofessional company. Don't waste your time applying here.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies in January 2020.

Interview

It was a short behavioral interview followed by an hour-long technical interview. The behavioral interview was just some questions about myself and what I have done in projects and work. The technical interview was one question.

Interview Questions

• Q: questions about open-source projects I have worked on   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oradell, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies (Oradell, NJ (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

My advice to prospective applicants: Don't waste your time.

Very similar to the other poster for this position.
    About a week of lag time between each step. It should be noted that they kept rescheduling interview times.

Initial Phone Screen to cover background.

Basic front end coding challenge. You clone the repo to your github and solve. It's basic front end stuff, a little jQuery and CSS.

Then there is an onsite interview. Straight forward with no tricks. Basic stuff to test you have general understanding.

After the onsite, there was a video interview with the lead developer.

Another coding challenge. This was basic React stuff, create an app, pull some data, have some functionality/interaction.

A week after my follow up email, received a low ball offer (55k), asked for a more reasonable/realistic rate and they declined.

Front End Developer/Magento Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oradell, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies (Oradell, NJ (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process was not very structured. They seemed surprised them when I showed up for my interview. I did not feel very welcomed. When I came to the interview I felt prepared and they were not. Andrew gave the initial phone screen with me and never spoke with me at all in person. When I did my phone screen I never was explained who I would meet their names etc.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very sporadic. They did not make any effort to learn about me as a person or bother to ask real questions relating to the position I interviewed for. They asked very generic basic questions like "What's a Box Model?". The person who interviewed me for the Magento Lead did not seem very interested in speaking with me either. The questions they asked for Magento were tailored for someone who was either a Magento Architect or Back End Developer.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies (Fremont, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screening to cover background. Then jQuery coding challenge. You are to clone the repo to your github and solve. Pretty easy task. Do a search on github for the repo name and you will find at least 8 other submissions.

Then after jQuery challenge, there is an onsite interview. Then it was a whiteboard test about arrays. Straight forward with no tricks. Basic stuff to test you have general understanding.

There were long delays in contacting me. I kept emailing but had not heard back and assumed they didn't want me. I got an offer from another company and took it. Then I got a follow up email 2 weeks after but it was too late.

Interview Questions

• If an element in array is duplicated accidentally, how do you determine which one it is, if it is sorted and also unsorted   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies in December 2015.

Interview

Was asked a lot of standard personality questions ("tell me about a time that you ____") as well as brain teasers + guesstimate questions + 2-3 coding questions. Semi-interesting questions, but unfortunately the interviewer seemed disinterested in speaking with me and was basically silent during the coding section. Never heard from interviewer again.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions asking me to estimate numbers, i.e. "how would you estimate the weight of ____," "how many cats are in [big city]"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies (Woodcliff Lake, NJ (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Video interview, on-site interview, code challenge. I was given 24 hours to complete the code challenge.

On-site interview focused on aptitude and somewhat technology agnostic in that they asked me to answer their questions in any technology I felt comfortable with.

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sooryen Technologies in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was for an hour and he only asked me about programming skills, theories, and science. He did not ask anything about my work ethics, manner, my relationship with coworkers, my passion, and how I handle my work.
    I did not answer the questions about the theories and skills very well.

He was very rude and stated that I was very erratic and needed to learn English and basic skills. He told me that J-1 visa is for a year, and could have a full-time job offer, but he told me directly that if I got hired, I would not work full-time and ended the interview.

This was a terrible interview experience.
    He did not show good manners and etiquette. he didn’t even looked at me while I was answering.
    He caused me emotional pressure and his words made me feel humiliated.
    Ethically, he doesn’t have good behavior as an interviewer. I genuinely can say all this is the truth. I will never recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• all kinds of skills of computer languages , theories, computer science   Answer Question

Interview

3 steps of interview process in Sooryen Lorem ipsum, or lipsum as it is sometimes known, is dummy text used in laying out print, graphic or web designs. The passage is attributed to an unknown typesetter in the 15th century who is thought to have scrambled parts of Cicero's De Finibus Bonorum et Malorum for use in a type specimen book.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.