Southern Nevada Health District Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Southern Nevada Health District

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern Nevada Health District

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Nevada Health District (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

About an hour after completing the online application, I got an email inviting me to interview for the position at a certain time on a certain day. In other words, I had no choice in the date or time of the interview as they had already chosen it for me. I wasn't surprised about this since my master's degree was directly related to what this position entailed. I actually had another job interview that day and cancelled it to go to this one.
     In addition, the email said to prepare a presentation to give during my interview. I sent an email back to ask about the topic of the presentation, but I got nothing in return. I spent countless hours on this presentation, only to be hurried through during the interview. In fact, I was hurried through the whole interview, rarely getting time to completely finish my answers. At the end of the interview, they told me they would make a decision "by next week" and they finally sent me an email on the last day of "next week". The email said that the position was "cancelled"??? WHAT?
    Not exactly sure what went on and I don't want to speculate, but the whole thing struck me as a little bit off. All in all, between the lack of communication and hurried interview, it didn't seem like they were actually interested in hiring someone for this position. If they were, the whole thing struck me as pretty unprofessional.
    Lesson learned: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Interview Questions

• I had a lot of questions specific to HR and the tasks associated with that specific position.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Nevada Health District.

Interview

Straight forward application. Fairly quick response time requesting interview. Average interview process consisting of a discussion with a panel of existing employees in various positions related to the one being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      What is your experience with public health?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much, if any, room for negotiation.

Program Systems Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Nevada Health District (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial contact to inform you that you meet min qualifications, and to inform you of the time of a preliminary test. Test further narrows candidates only the top 5 are granted interviews. One interview with the manager, supervisor, HR rep, Admin assistant, and one team member gauging your knowledge on the subjects required by the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with impatient or rude users?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was fixed, no negotiation.

Health Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Nevada Health District (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

Must first meet 4-yr degree with science background, then pass a multiple choice exam, then oral board.

Interview Questions

• List as many things in news lately about SNHD and public health and safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. You get an entry-level salary... It's government.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.