Southern Wine & Spirits of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Southern Wine & Spirits of America Interview Questions

2.7

Sort:

Chain Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Union City, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Usually the interview process is with the recruiter and the future manager. Pretty straight forward questions- typical questions. Once they decide they want you for the position; they advise human resources and the process begins. The process all depends on how quick you can go and do the drug test, the physical test, etc. For this position you will drive your personally vehicle; thus one needs to go and change their insurance plan and provide proof to the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

pretty standard.. two different interviews.. both people were very nice and tailored questions to my experiences.. just be honest with them and they will be honest with you.. not too many surprises.. both interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to.. they did keep me waiting for a while about making it to the next steps but I didnt mind that much

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Chain Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

First interview was 1:1 went through history and why I thought I was the best candidate for the job. Second was with both dept managers and was very brief. The building was beautiful and everyone was very welcoming and pleasant. There was quite a long process but it all worked out in the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe in your last job a problem with a client and how you were able to make it a positive experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes about 10% because of my background.

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted initially regarding the available position. Was contacted right on time which was awesome. Was scheduled to conduct a more in dept interview which was very thorough. This company obviously takes their time to hire the right talent.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of second and third level questions pertaining to experience. Not many employers go that deep. It was a challenge but very refreshing.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Miami, FL (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

For the interview they brought you to one of their distribution centers. For the first interview you meet with the Senior VP of sales and a senior sales consultant.They asked you situation questions from your resume. The Second interview you meet with less senior management and they asked very basic interview questions like stregnths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe a time where you were had to improvise on the spot   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

It was very informal. They did ask for a specific skill in creating pivot tables. Unfortunately, I had not ever heard of pivot tables and was pretty much told I wasn't getting the job on the spot. It takes a lot to get in to work for this company... Mainly knowing someone.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America in February 2014.

Interview

I had an interview at the Miramar location for the inventory service specialist position. I met with the human resources manager first. We had a brief conversation in which she asked me to tell her a little bit about myself, and then she gave me information about the company. Afterward, I met with the department supervisor and manager and interviewed with both of them in more detail. They had questions listed on a paper. They asked me about 5 different questions, some in which were hypothetical. I nailed the interview. I thought I did very well. Unfortunately, I never got an offer for the position, bit they also failed to advise me that they had chosen someone else for the job, so I was sort of just left hanging around waiting to hear back from them and got nothing.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked me on the interview was how do I deal with difficult coworkers or customers.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Miramar, FL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a 3 hour interview with 3 different upper management thru a recruiter. Each one of the managers that interview me was very pleasant and direct. All questions were about work, my experience and their expectations of the person getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Number of SKU's managed
      Years of experience with the system
      Any experience leading teams
      Amount of inventory managed in US$   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great relatively quick and pleasant

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Tucson, AZ (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview usually questions. Drug test, background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America in February 2013.

Interview

5 step interview process, ride along, panel interview, phone interview, one on one, 4 month long process. start date immediately after hire, immediately train and begin working independently, trained on all technology

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.