Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 12 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,231 of over 1.2K interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

I have a phone interview. What types of questions do they ask? Help me please!!!!!! I’m so nervous. I hope I make it to the next round........ thanks in advance !!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you wanna work at southwest ?
    Answer Question

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Very straightfoward and linear process. I applied online and about a week later I was asked for a phone interview, then shortly after I was asked for a virtual interview. I was always in the loop of what was going on, I never felt alone and I could reach out if I had questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why Southwest? Why this position? Why did you pick your major? Where do you see yourself in five years?

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

The interview process first started with a call from HR, then it went to a panel board with the software engineer team. Everything was a quick turnover, which is good. Probably less than a week for them to reply to you with a response

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

After the initial application there was a phone interview first, then an in-person interview after that. There were two people for the in-person interview and the interview itself lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

There will be a HR Screening Phone call where they want to know who you are, and will ask minor Javascript questions such as difference between "==" and "===". "What is the difference between Null and Undefined" if you pass that they then will give you resumes to hiring managers, for a team interview. I had 2 team interviews, each consisting of 2 parts, 1 behavioral and 1 technical. Behavioral is classic star. For me because I didn't know Java, they had a React technical assessment. They want to see how you think, and they keep emphasizing it wasn't to complete it but problem solving skills. They would give you data, and you would have to display it on this coderpad equivalent thing. Unfortunately because I didn't know Java, and the React I knew was the more updated version (Functional vs Class components). I wasn't a match for the team. The recruiter really helped and she said she was going to find more teams, but I don't think since my Stack is similar they will find it, unfortunately. But great people, I loved talking to them.

Interview Questions
  • Display Airline Data on this application

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in Apr 2021

Interview

I heard back a week after applying online for a phone screen, and currently waiting to hear back for second round interview. The phone screen was very laid back and it's standard behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX)

Interview

First you will have a phone screen with the recruiter, show passion, energy and company values during the call. Next you will have a meeting with the hiring manager, depending if technical role or not, be prepared to discuss past projects and your skills.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about past projects What are your goals How you would solve a problem (looking for thought process, do you bring ideas, etc)

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

One phone interview, one Webex interview. The phone interview took place with a hiring manager and the Webex call was with the team I interviewed for. Both interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a current social media influencer that is doing well and one that is not.

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Phone screening first. Thorough background check. Face to face with a supervisor and recruiter. All customer service questions. They want to have conversational base responses. Be on time. Flexible availability is a must.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Nice and accurate professional and smooth going . Politely assured questioning and informational. I don’t know I filled this out because it was required for school in order to see reviews for southwest this is so extra.

Interview Questions
  • Why southwest? What experience? What do you want working here ?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,231 Interviews