Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 20 Oct 2017

2.6

845 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

It's been a long process, just be yourself and have patience. The interviews have been very pleasant and professional, really just answer honestly and be yourself. Reading the Glassdoor comments have been helpful.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview about 3 weeks ago and after the phone interview I got a call the following day saying I made it to the next step and someone would be in touch with me to schedule a face-to-face interview in approximately two to three weeks. I just did my face to face interview today. After signing in I was fingerprinted went in for a group session telling about the company and then we went back out into the waiting area where I conversed with the other applicants of while we waited to be called in for our interview. I was the first to be called in from our group. I was interviewed by two people was very pleasant they were both extremely professional very nice and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The interview lasted almost an hour and after that we stepped out and did the Practical portion where I had to step through an emergency exit door walk down an aisle simulating the airplane aisle and then sit in a jump seat and strap in after that I was finished and was told that I would hear something within 2 weeks.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

A long worthwhile wait for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted approximately 30 min. I have moved on to face to face that was scheduled about three weeks following phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an emergency situation?   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Took over a month to be called back for HR screen. Then another month to talk to a solution architect. Was then brought to the HDQ to interview with a tech lead, their manager and technology manager.

onsite it became clear they were looking for a hands on team lead vs a senior engineer that will grow into a team lead so it felt like a bit of a waste of time. Also there seemed to be some issue going on that was distracting everyone and so I felt somewhat dismissed.

It was disappointing as I love Southwest as a customer.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of October and recived a call a few days later to set up a phone interview date. The interview was the very next day with basic straightforward questions.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

The process from application to offer letter was less than 4 weeks. The recruiter and the interviewing manager were very friendly and accommodating. The questions were pretty standard and simple. The best part was how relaxed and comfortable the interview went.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was " what I was looking for in a company? "   Answer Question

2018 Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Send my resume first. Then got feedback by email. We arranged telephone interview. Through the phone, I was asked questions about courses, technical skills, soft skills. Now I am waiting for the notice if I could get to next round.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce technical skills you have ever used, and tell more details on how you use and improve your skills.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

After about a month from when I applied I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. A few days later completed the phone interview and was told they would be contacted in the new few day's if I would be moving on to an in-person interview or not. 2 days later received word that they wanted me to fly out to Baltimore for an in-person interview the following week. Received all necessary information flew out to Baltimore and interviewed two days later I was notified that I did not receive the position which was very disheartening and affected me a bit emotionally because of the passion and desire I have to work for Southwest and in aviation.

The only negatives of the interview process were communication on the recruiters. I did not receive directions on how to get to the Baltimore peoples office but ended up finding my way. And also, of course, I did not receive an offer. But all around a good experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I checked in and went on a tour of the facility. Then was taken to a boardroom that they called a Hospitality Room, where there were decorations, snacks, and water, and we were allowed to ask any and all questions we had about benefits, training, etc. It was extremely laid back and fun! One by one, they called us out of the hospitality room to our interviews. Afterward, I was taken to an office with two employees and the other applicants that apparently did well in their interview. We took turns giving background check consent, fingerprints, and finalizing/correcting any info. And that was it!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.