Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 21 Feb 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied April 8th 2015, received my first phone interview 2 months later, it was very easy..mainly yes or no questions, took about 30minutes total. They contacted me 6 weeks later for my face to face interview..and it's tomorrow, so I will keep you updated..wish me luck! They also fly you to your interview, which some airlines don't do

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SW?
      Name an emergency situation you were in?
      11 Answers

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line and had a phone interview a week and a half later. My rep went over my application with me, asked questions about jobs, and simple questions like why do I want to work for southwest, where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years, what do I know about the job. He told me that they would be in contact with me by the end of the week If I got a phone call it meant they wanted to move forward and if I got an email it meant they were not interested. With in an hour I got an email that stated that they wanted to move forward and it gave me a face to face interview day and time. I had my interview three days later at the airport. In the face to face interview they repeated the questions as to why I want to work at Southwest and where I see myself in 3 to 5 years with the company. They explained how lines can be long customers can be grumpy and the job is stressful and how do I handle those types of situations. They also made a point to go over my past jobs being part time and even though this is a part-time position the hours are more full-time and to make sure I could handle full-time. I did not feel like I convinced them that I have no problem working full-time. I tried but she seemed hesitant to believe me. The interview was very laid-back and friendly. They said I would hear from them within the next four weeks but I noticed that they invited some people to stay and fill out paperwork so I don't expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process has been ongoing since April 2015 when I initially applied online. Southwest sent out emails periodically saying my they were still interested in interviewing me but due to the number of applicants the process was taking a longer period of time. March 2016 they sent an email inquiring if I was still interested. June 2016 I was contacted for a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes and one week later I was contacted saying I had a face to face interview in Dallas.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process has taken 7 months up until this point, 2/16/17. After receiving the email to fill out a more detailed application, including a 5 year history of residence, I waiting several weeks before receiving a date for a phone interview. A few more weeks went by, and after the phone interview, I waited another 8 weeks before receiving an email telling me to schedule my flight to Dallas for my f2f. I flew out a week later, had my f2f, went through the very easy physical part of the process and was fingerprinted. Everyone I encountered that worked in the people department had a huge smile on their faces and was more than eager to help. The interview panel, consisting of three flight attendants was more of an informative conversation, but had the usual interview questions. It was the most pleasant and semi casual interview I've ever had. The ladies were awesome! There were only the three options to choose from that said "No Offer", Yes, but turned it down", and Yes, Accepted Offer". I chose accepted offer, but it takes 1-2 weeks to hear back from the people department. I will update once I have heard anything!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant for SWA?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had difficulty with a fellow employee or customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was fantastic! I applied on the Southwest Airlines Internship ICIMS page online, and the process started back October. I waited ever so patiently until I received an email in November stating that I would be contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview in the upcoming months. It was about January until I graciously got my phone call, which lasted about 20 minutes, talking about myself and the internship. I was then told that I would be flown down to Dallas for an in-person interview to talk more about the position and why I wanted to work with Southwest. I was elated, and waited for the following emails about my travel down to Dallas.

When the day came in February, I flew down to interview face to face, and I was nervous, but super excited. Everyone at HQ was super nice, and excited to talk to me about what I was there for. They all gave me a "good luck!" before I went in. I was interviewed by three employees, and asked specific questions about myself and my interests. After about 45 minutes, the interview was over, and I left the glamorous HQ with a smile on my face. A few days later, I got a call saying I was selected for the position, and I accepted on that day!

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and received an internship position for Summer 2017.

1. Submitted resume for review (can apply to as many positions as you want).
    2. Contacted to submit a writing sample (prompt "Why Southwest?") was given only a few days to complete.
    3. Phone interviewed. I received notice that I was in the running for four positions. Sometimes, they'll interview you for more than one position at a time if it falls under the same recruiter. I did two phone interviews- they were very straightforward and covered my resume/experience.
    4. Contacted by phone to come to HQ in Dallas, Texas just a few weeks later.
    5. The interview was very comfortable and straightforward. The recruiters were genuine. There are no "trick" questions and they don't drill you – it's more a conversation. I was interviewed by the recruiter who phone interviewed me and the SWA employee who would oversee my team. It seemed like they were most interested in seeing if I had the experience and if I would fit with the company culture.
    6. Heard back the next day!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process spanned sometime from November - February but they were very responsive with contact. The interviews themselves were very conversational and the coordinators/recruiters make sure that you are comfortable! Honestly a very seamless and easy process that helps you be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Asked a lot of questions about resume.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application in October. I was contacted to set up a phone interview in January, and then I had an in-person interview in Dallas in February. Everybody I interacted with throughout the process was very friendly and the interviews were formal, yet conversational.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Manchester, NH (US)).

Interview

interviewed by a ramp supervisor, HR person, and a senior ramp agent. Each of them asked me different questions about my background and why I applied for a position at Southwest

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and 70 lbs occasionally as this is a main part of the job.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.