Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 24 May 2017

2.6

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview quick and to the point. Lasted about 15 minutes. Next step in process is face-to-face interview. Asked several behavioral questions and specific job duty questions that relate to ramp agent position.

Interview Questions

• Asked brief behavioral questions and about specific job duties of position.   Answer Question

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

A week after applying you get a phone call from a recruiter asking you several questions they were given with specific answers referring to general aircraft maintenance

You then receive a call from the manager of the station you are applying to for more questions and a sense of your personality.

You then go in for a face to face interview with several managers and an HR representative. The environment is very relaxed and they want to know how well you can interact and fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions...what would you do...what if's   1 Answer

Flight Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job (which was listed as Flight Simulator Engineer) through LinkedIn. I received an email from a recruiter at Southwest the next day inviting me to formally apply on their careers website. I did this, and two days later was called to schedule an in-person interview. Southwest flew me to Dallas for the interview. The People Department at Southwest took a set of my fingerprints prior to the interview. I interviewed with two teams: one comprised of the flight simulation leadership team, and one comprised of the technical team. The entire interview lasted approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest Airlines?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 months. I applied online and about two months later I got call to set up a phone interview. The interview was easy, recruiters make sure you are comfortable and have the time to talk about yourself. After the phone interview (which lasted around 30 minutes), I received another call for an in person interview at Southwest Airlines HQ. The recruiters asked about past work and how you fit in Southwest Airline's culture. About two weeks later, I got a call back for an offer.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied a short time ago, and received an email two days ago followed by a call. This was to confirm my phone interview! Im soexcited! Does anyone knows the next steps after this?

Interview Questions

• Are you free for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)).

Interview

The process of call back after i applied and interview took about 1 month. The telephone recruiter was VERY helpful and so was the recruiter fir the one on one interview. It was very intensive but not demanding or filled with pressure. Currently waiting for backgroind ck results.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work for SW   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer went over benefits and the job description, then asked about why I left all previous jobs. Also asked about how many years of customer service experience I had. Now I'm waiting to hear if I got a F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like about helping customers?   2 Answers

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly short phone interview (20mins) and the recruiter asked a few questions. She also detailed the position duties, pay, and benefits. We reviewed requirements for the position as well.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.