Spiceworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Spiceworks Interview Questions

Interviews at Spiceworks

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

A one hour phone interview, including a simple live coding session. The interviewer was pretty good, but at times did not seem prepared. That said, I thought the experience was quite positive.

Interview Questions

• We discussed background, interests, etc. and also what the role specifically asked for and what the team specifically worked on.   Answer Question

Director of Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks in December 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR & then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the 2nd phone interview, Spiceworks never communicated with me, again. I reached out to HR about a week after the 2nd phone interview but got crickets. Very unprofessional after I gave my time for 2 phone interviews. I am thoroughly unimpressed

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Basic interview process:
    1) Phone Screen with HR
    2) Phone Screen with Software Engineer
    3) On-site Interview

After I went to the on-site interview, they never contacted me after several emails. Like the other reviews, I have been ghosted too.

Disappointed very much.

Interview Questions

• How do you highlight specific words in a html string?
      Return a random integer x from an array of integers "y" after given an array of integers to exclude from that array "z"
      Given a postfix string, return the result of the operation   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Spiceworks in October 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Went well and was asked to come in for an in person “panel” interview to pitch the solution to a group. Included a few mangers, and another Account exec. I was told I did very well and I would be contacted within the next week or two as to whether or not they were going to move forward with an offer. More than two months has gone by with no update. I to appear to have been ghosted, which is a bummer because I was really looking forward to working here.

Community Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied in August. I heard back via email three weeks later where we set up a phone interview. While on the initial phone interview with the recruiter, she suggested that I also applied for another position they had listed, based on my qualifications. I then had two separate phone interviews with the hiring managers from each position, followed by two separate work assignments. After going through this process, I received feedback on both assignments from both roles were desirable, but one of the positions was filled internally. It is now November and I have reached out on several occasions to find out what was going on with my applications since they said they liked my work. I have been ghosted, and the unprofessionalism I have witnessed has deterred my interest in what seems like a really great company.

Email Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks.

Interview

The interview process was explained to me by the recruiter upon our initial conversation. Everyone was so friendly, approachable and professional. Definitely felt very welcome right off the bat! Well done.

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I had a 30-minute phone interview with an HR person that went very well. I was prepared, had researched the company and asked solid questions. I was very much qualified for the role. She scheduled an interview for me with the hiring manager the next day. 30 minutes before the interview, she leaves me a voicemail canceling the meeting and saying they’ve decided to go another direction. The most unprofessional behavior I’ve ever dealt with, and from a supposedly good company. No thanks.

Market Research Recruiter, Field Associate, Or Panel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

3/20
    -I received an email from the recruiter wanting to schedule the initial phone screening with her after applying on 2/22.
    3/23 (round 1)
    -The recruiter was 10 min. late to my phone screening.
    3/27 (round 2)
    -I had my phone interview with the hiring manager.
    3/30 (round 3)
    -I had my phone interview with a team member in the research department. Somehow between 3/27 & 3/28, the job title changes from Market Research Recruiter (Contract) to Panel Manager with no explanation.
    4/3 (round 4-assignment)
    -I received an assignment that was due on 4/6. In the assignment, the hiring manager calls the position Field Associate with no acknowledgment of why it changed.
    4/5
    -I submitted the assignment.
    4/13
    -The recruiter asks me to provide my availability for an in-person interview the following week.
    -On the same day responded with my availability. I was available any time after 1pm on 4/17, 4/19, & 4/20.
    4/16
    -The recruiter says, “I’m looking at scheduling for the afternoon of the 19th or 20th. I’ll be back in touch ASAP to confirm with all the details.”
    It was never scheduled.
    4/20
    -I email the recruiter to follow up on the status of my application, as I never received an interview time confirmation. Yes, 7 days have lapsed & my interview was never scheduled.
    -She responds to my email with a list of time & dates to interview the week after I was supposed to have my interview. There was absolutely no apology or acknowledgement that my interview is being scheduled a week after the dates she confirmed without confirming the times. Incredibly rude, disrespectful, & inconsiderate of my time.
    4/24 (round 5)
    -I go in the office for an in-person interview & meet with 7 people for 2 hours &15 min. The list of names I received & prepared interview questions for ahead of time was completely different from the people I actually met with. No one reviewed my assignment & the hiring manager simply said, “It was good.”
    -No one could tell me why the job title changed from Market Research Recruiter to Panel Manager to Field Associate.
    -At the end of the interview, the hiring manager tells me she would like for me to speak with another person in the research department over the phone.

4/26 (round 6)
    -Another phone interview with team member in the research department
    5/2
    -I inquire about the status of my application.
    -The recruiter asked if I’m available to talk on the phone that afternoon or tomorrow.
    -I tell her I’m only available to talk that afternoon, as I was traveling the next day.
    -She never called.
    5/4
    -The recruiter apologizes for not calling & ask if I’m available to talk on Monday.
    -I responded & said yes.
    -She never called.
    5/7
    -The recruiter tells me the team is meeting to make sure everyone is in alignment before moving forward.
    5/8
    The recruiter says the next steps would be to come in for a sixth round with executive team members & asked if I could discuss further over the phone.
    She proceeds to tell me exactly what she already said in the email. It’s becoming apparent that they like to get candidates on the phone to hear how they respond to the foolishness.
    5/15
    “Unfortunately, Friday won’t work for the team, but tomorrow afternoon might. I’ll let you know ASAP tonight as soon as I hear back from everyone. If not, can we look at early next week instead?”
    No phone call or email confirmation that my interview was scheduled for the following day.
    5/16
    She emailed me the day of to confirm my interview was scheduled for that day. This is offensively unprofessional. She asked if we could speak on the phone. I told her, “I thought I would have 24 hr. notice?” She responded, “Well, you knew last night that it may be today.” I replied, “You said in your email that you would confirm ASAP tonight. It’s the next day.” I was tired of clearing my schedule for something that had a high possibility of not happening.

She proceeded to tell me that the role has now been moved to a new team with a new hiring manager. I shared that I was confused & wanted clarity on the interview process, as this would be my 7th round. She responded with, “How many roles are you interviewing for here?” & I said, “Just this one.” Her response was, “How has it been 7?” & I included ALL of the dates listed above. Her response was, “Well, I wouldn’t include the assignment.” I said, “Well, ok, 6?” & her response was…drumroll please…”I guess I wasn’t keeping track. I only consider in-person interviews as a round….Well, you seem upset, so I’m going to cancel your interview for today & reschedule it for next week.”
    5/21
    I followed up to see when my interview with the executive team was supposed to be scheduled.
    5/22
    She responded to my email asking if I’m available to chat the next day. I asked what would be the details of the call & she said, "Our discussion last week & process moving forward."
    5/23
    She called to notify me that they moved forward with another candidate & didn't explain why.

Interview Questions

• Interview question: If you had to pick an actress to play you in a biopic, who would it be?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an onsite. They first show you around the building and introduce you to the team. The technical portion consisted of a whiteboarding problem followed by a database design problem. During the latter half of the technical portion they start asking questions about your background based on your resume. Finally, once you're done you get to meet individual team members for some chat

Interview Questions

• Write a function that calculates if a number is Harshad   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening interview was simple and overall a good experience. There were two of them. I was then scheduled to come in person to interview for four hours- separate interviews with 6 different people. That was taxing, tiring, and time consuming.

I felt as though the overall interview went well, but to take a day off of work at my current job to partake in a 4 hour interview with scheduled time slots with 6 different people was bit of an overkill. A panel interview would have been better. Kill 6 repetitive questions with one interview.

Following the 4 hour interview, I had to complete a homework assignment which I was told would take me an hour or so. It took me 3 hours- the tasks and questions were specific to their job practice, not industry standard. Had I not taken notes during my face to face interview, I wouldn't have been able to complete the assignment.

Overall I spent a week interviewing and preparing for this job, took time off of work to be amenable to their schedule and deadline, complete an assignment with a fast turn around (due in 24 hours, done in 4) only to get the call informing me that a more qualified candidate was selected. It was a real downer- a bit deflating after all of that but a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.