Spiceworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Spiceworks Interview Questions

Interviews at Spiceworks

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening interview was simple and overall a good experience. There were two of them. I was then scheduled to come in person to interview for four hours- separate interviews with 6 different people. That was taxing, tiring, and time consuming.

I felt as though the overall interview went well, but to take a day off of work at my current job to partake in a 4 hour interview with scheduled time slots with 6 different people was bit of an overkill. A panel interview would have been better. Kill 6 repetitive questions with one interview.

Following the 4 hour interview, I had to complete a homework assignment which I was told would take me an hour or so. It took me 3 hours- the tasks and questions were specific to their job practice, not industry standard. Had I not taken notes during my face to face interview, I wouldn't have been able to complete the assignment.

Overall I spent a week interviewing and preparing for this job, took time off of work to be amenable to their schedule and deadline, complete an assignment with a fast turn around (due in 24 hours, done in 4) only to get the call informing me that a more qualified candidate was selected. It was a real downer- a bit deflating after all of that but a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The Spiceworks Interview process was long, I had two phone interviews and three in-person interviews. But don't let this put you off! The phone interviews were pretty standard and included the normal questions about experience and skills. Throughout the process, the recruiter and hiring manager stayed in communication to give me status updates. The in-person interviews were more culture and information based. I met with 9 people in the in-person interviews. At first, I was put-off that so many people felt so passionately about Spiceworks, but by the end of the first in-person interview, I had bought in and knew that I had to get this job and that I would be a perfect fit! The culture of the company was a huge selling point for me, the company operates openly and is pretty transparent. While interviewing, employees try to "sell" themselves to the company, but throughout the Spiceworks interview process, I felt that they were "selling" themselves to me!

Interview Questions

• What is one word that decribes you best? Where do you see yourself in 5 years, if you get this position?   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. It consisted of 4 stages. 1 phone interview and 3 in person teemed with a mock sales pitch. Some might say this is cumbersome, but I actually found it to be a good thing. The interviews were very enlightening and VERY organized. Every person at Spiceworks, from the recruiter to the CEO, was extremely welcoming and I felt right at home from the beginning. You really get a chance to learn a lot about the company and they get a chance to make sure you are going to be a good fit. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• The most nerve-racking part for me was the mock sales pitch, but if you are prepared and have a good strategy going in, you will be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got called for an on-site interview on my school's campus a few weeks later, had the interview two days after the call. CTO conducted the interview. He seemed a little unenthusiastic but the recruiter I talked to was very friendly. Received an offer by email a week after the interview. Interview was a mixture of general resume questions and one technical question.

Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I received communication initially from the technical recruiter at Spiceworks, communication at the beginning of the process was very prompt. After the phone screening, I had another phone interview scheduled with the individual that I was potentially going to backfill.

The recruiter had told me to schedule 45 min. of my time for this interview, however the second individual asked me how much time I had set aside for the process at the beginning of our call. It honestly felt like they hadn't communicated. It didn't feel like the second interview had any direction and the interviewer didn't sound sure of any expectations with the position. The call ended with, "it looks like I didn't have enough time to ask you these questions..."

After the second phone interview, I was told that I would be hearing back either way shortly. I sent 2 follow up emails over the course of 2 weeks without a single response, the job posting was then closed. I found the lack of communication very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would troubleshoot a computer for a user experiencing connectivity issues.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

I handed my resume to them in a career fair, and in 1.5 month they contacted me through email. This was an on campus interview. I had two 30 minutes interviews on top of each other. In two days, HR contacted me and emailed me an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Given Ruby code, convert it into Java or any language that you are comfortable with. Ruby code was traversing an array of numbers and removing duplicate elements.   1 Answer
    • At any given time how many people are flying? (He also said that there is no exact answer to this, he wanted to see how I would approach to this problem.)   Answer Question
    • Traverse through a directory and print out number of folders and files.   Answer Question

I'm an international student and they told me that they won't be able to sponsor me in the future for a full-time offer. I decided to do an internship in a company which is capable of doing that.

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

I met with them during a college career fair and attended their info session on campus. They requested for an interview for me via e-mail but I think that was because I had put the wrong e-mail address down, otherwise, I would've signed up for an interview through the college website. It was 2 interviews back to back with a different person each time that took about an hour in total. Both were technical, one consisted of writing code and the other consisted of finding errors in code and design. They were very friendly people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Haven't gotten there yet.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spiceworks in October 2014.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on our campus job fair. Then got a phone call during class saying they want to schedule an on campus interview the next day. I prepared until very late that night and then was interviewed by their CTO. The question wasn't really hard. It took them more than a month to get the results back to me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process is long-- you'll meet with 4 or 5 people over a period of a few days, most likely. But the interview questions aren't repetitive, and you'll never feel bombarded. They are just interested in how you answer.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spiceworks (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very short for me. I must say that the email that I received to let me know that I was not selected was very polite, and of course said that they would keep me in mind.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible in terms of hours and travel   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.