Sponge UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sponge UK Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sponge UK

Sort:

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge UK (Plymouth, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview had many steps. First was a phone interview with the Sponge's recruitment department, then a phone interview with Head of Design. Was then emailed a visual task to complete and bring to an interview and present along with my portfolio. Then received a phone call of conformation of my employment

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sponge UK.

Interview

There was a telephone interview followed up by some tests. I then had an face to face interview followed up by an interview with a presentation. It was a long process but they were super friendly and the interviews, although formal, did not feel pressured. They were very focused on how you would fit in to the company and its culture.

Interview Questions

• What sort of person do you find it difficult to work with?   Answer Question

ELearning Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sponge UK.

Interview

This company are constantly recruiting - that's not because they are growing, it's because they can't keep staff and have a ridiculously insane application process with far too high standards. The whole application screams of a company who think they are something much bigger than they actually are.

I applied directly to SpongeUK through their website and was invited to a phone interview with HR which was then followed by a technical test I could do at home. The technical test took roughly six hours and covered css/javascript. I was then invited in for a 2hr face-to-face interview. This was with two developers and a HR person, this went well and I was informed that I scored the highest of all applicants on the test, I thought this was a good sign.

A week later I am invited in for a trial day, the trial day involved a walk around getting to know the place and then being sat down in front of their own JS framework (of which there is no documentation and no ability to look it up online) and being asked to write a new module for it. I did ask for a help a couple of times during the day but accomplished the task given to me and took part in the end of day team stand-up.

I was then pulled into a review meeting for the last half hour of the day.

A week went by and I heard nothing, I chased and chased but got no response. Two weeks later I received an email saying that I had been unsuccessful but gave no feedback or reason. I emailed back for feedback only to get an out-of-office email for the person who had literally just emailed me saying they were on holiday. I emailed the generic company email and demanded some feedback after spending a full day unpaid at their office. The response I got was that I was too quiet during the day. Yes, they actually said that. As if being thrown into a completely new environment with completely new code isn't scary enough, they said I hadn't been talkative. It's hard to be talkative in those circumstances and also when everyone around you has headphones in, busy doing their own work.

Interview Questions

Sponge UK Response

22 Mar 2018 – Digital Marketing Executive

Thank you for the feedback. You’re right that we’re constantly recruiting, this is very much in line with our growth strategy and continued success. Over the last 2 years we’ve grown from... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.