Sport Chek Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sport Chek Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sport Chek

2.2

Cashier Interview

Interview

Half hour phone interview with head office followed by quick interview in store. Phone interview involved questions about teamwork and leadership while store interview was less formal. Store interview involved typical questions about availability

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have encountered when working within a team setting and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chek

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2018.

Interview

First Phone interview was toughest but second interview was breeze. Manager was easy to speak too. Only took a couple of days until I received a call back for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to you to give your word?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied one night, got a phone interview the next morning, and was scheduled dor a one-on-one interview the following Tuesday. I came into the store, sat down to wait a little bit and was soon greeted by the manager. She took me into her office and we had a rather chill interview. She asked me about a my experiences mentioned in my resume, went on to talk about our experiences in high school (most of the experiences I had written down were from my volunteering in high school) and whatnot, was asked a few questions before we were done. It was a nice process. It was nothing terribly formal, nor was it intimidating.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I submitted my resume online and then completed a questionnaire.
    I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone the next day for a 20 minute phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Both the recruiter on the phone and the manager doing my in person interview told me I did great.
    The manager said there were "no issues on his end", implying that I got the job, and said he just had to check my references.

Three and a half weeks later, my references still had not been contacted, and I got the rejection email.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Brandon, MB (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call back a few days later, and had a phone interview. Set a time for an interview at the store, went in for around 10 mins and then it was over. Got a call back a few days later.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

Dropped off my resume in person and there was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. They asked about your lifestyle and what sports you played. The interview was relaxed and overall super easy.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online on indeed.com.I got a email back almost 12 hours later.Then they gave me a phone interview which lasted around 15 minutes.They said I was a good candidate and that they would set me up with an interview with the manager.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgina, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Georgina, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email and a phone call from a recruiter in Vancouver, BC .The phone call was a interview and lasted about 15 minutes, the interview told me that I passed the phone interview and scheduled and i person interview for the next week.He told me to that i would be asked the same questions in person and gave me some tips.I went in for the in person interview with the store manager and he asked me a couple questions it was very laid back.He told me that he would give me a call within the next two days.He called me the next day and offered me the position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I applied online, got a call from HR (third party interviewer maybe?) two days later. This call was a lengthy phone interview, asking standard questions like why I wanted to work at Sportchek, what sports I play, experience in customer service. I then got moved on to the next portion where an in-person interview was set up with the hiring manager at the store I applied to. Went for a short in-person interview (Same questions but fewer). A week later got a call back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Did the online assessment (make sure to do well, the manager looks at the results). Called for on the phone with HR 2 days later. Asked many questions, lasted 30 minutes. Scheduled for in-person interview to meet the manager; lasted 15 minutes. In person was mostly for the manager to meet you and explain the job to you, as well as going through your resume Manager was very friendly and easy to talk to. Called 6 days later and told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• PHONE PORTION
      Why are you a good fit for this job?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond in a cashier position.
      What are the most important attributes for a cashier?
      Which of these attributes do you think you excel in?
      Tell me about the sport that you do.
      Describe a time where you fixed a problem
      What is something you would like to work on?
      What were your responsibilities as a cashier at your old job?
      Talk about a goal that you achieved and how you achieved it.   Answer Question
    • IN PERSON PORTION
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.