Sport Chek Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sport Chek Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Sport Chek

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initially very unprofessional because I was scheduled for a phone interview and they didn’t even have the decency to call me. I emailed them and the phone interview was rescheduled. Overall I would say the company is pretty unorganized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chek

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sport Chek in March 2012.

Interview

One on one with mostly behaviour type questions. How to motivate staff and drive sales. How to deal with difficult customer and employees. Previous job experience. Where do I want to be in 5 years.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in March 2008.

Interview

Met with store general manager, walked around store and had casual conversation. Had to follow-up with SGM for a few weeks regarding my application. Very casual.

However, I had interviewed and hired over 200 workers in my time with Sport Chek. There is a computer-based behavioral-based interview, followed by specific questions for the position your applying for. All questions are based on experiences, so there is no room for generic answers.

Interview Questions

• Give me and example of a time when... (all behavioral-based interviews)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I explained what I was after and was given close to this. The salary range for this volume of store was between 35,000-55,000.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.