Sport Chek Footwear Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sport Chek Footwear Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sport Chek

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2018.

Interview

the process was very laid back, asked me some behavioural questions and then some questions about education. They mostly want a feel for the candidates personaility and if they can work well in a team setting. Retail experience is a plus but not required. It was a laid back experience overall.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the company   1 Answer
  • why are you a good fit for the role   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chek

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was first called for a phone interview which was very easy. Simple questions like, Why do you wanna work for Sport Chek? How do you engage in active living? What kind of shoes would you recommend to a customer and why?
    I then passed the phone interview and had an in person interview. This was very laid back and relaxed. Very similar questions again. I then had to do another in person interview with the store manager about two days later. These were focused more on myself and character rather than job experience. I was hired on the spot afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and not another potential employee?   1 Answer

Footwear Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did the online interview, and then got an email saying that I missed a call from the recruiter. It took me several attempts to finally contact the recruiter back.

The questions were about the sports I play, general footwear knowledge (eg brands and types of shoes for types of sports), how I'd handle situations, ect. At the end of the interview, the recruiter said I did a good job and booked me for an interview for the following week.

The in-person interview was just 5 questions and took 15 minutes tops.

I thought I made a good impression on the manager and got the job, however a week later I got a generic email from the recruiter saying "Thank you for showing interest in the company, despite not moving forwards in the application process. We will keep your resume on file. Thank you," and was blank where it was supposed to be signed. I know that not everyone gets the job, however I kind of feel like Sport Chek wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than anyone else for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

applied online, got a call and it ended up being a phone interview, asked questions about the sports i play and my knowledge on shoes, then got an in store interview with the manager. Went in and the manager didn't even know I was coming in that day, the interview took 10mins and she just asked about my previous jobs and then got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can work in footwear its a tough position?   Answer Question

Footwear Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for the phone interview 2 hours later and was set up with an in person interview for 2 days later. In person interview was a few questions and was done in about 15 minutes. I got a call the next week telling me I got the position. They asked about sport experience and how to deal with certain situations. How to greet customers, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

First you have to go through a very long application online, Which test you on your IQ and asks you many questions about sports. After that you will get a phone interview asking you about sports and customer service, they will most likely put you in a scenario and ask you how you would deal with it, you will get a percentage out of a 100 that your graded on, you will then get picked by the store manager(higher the grade most likely youll get picked). You then have a short in store interview that doesnt take long and is very easy. Get past the phone interview and you should be good.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation that they choose. (for customer service)   Answer Question
    • What sports do you play?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Department Manager, followed by the General store manager. Following that if selected, we were brought into Orientation with the General Manager on store processes, and procedures.

In the interview, we were asked which department we would like to work for, even if you were brought in for a Footwear interview, if the manager thinks youd be a better fit in another department they wont hesitate to put you there (asking you first of course!)

The overall experience was good.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

The phone interview took about 30 minutes and the 1 on ! took about 20 minutes. The manager was nice and professional and the questions that was asked was based on scenarios that might happen. The manager and i found some common interest on what sports I play and the teams i root for, which helped a lot. Which made it a littles less of an interview to a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• What would do if there is a customer that does not speak english and none of your co-workers speaks the same language?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then they called my house and we did a telephone interview. The telephone interview was really chill, I didn't even realize I was being interviewed until I realized this guy wouldn't stop asking me questions. The questions were really easy and they were mainly getting at how you stay active, any prior work experience, why you wanted to work there and how you would contribute to their business etc. After the telephone interview I had to do an in person interview. That interview was easy as well, basically the same questions as the telephone interview but also talked about my availability and my long term goals.

Interview Questions

• I forget how they worded it but they wanted to see why they should hire you over anyone else.   1 Answer

Footwear Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottetown, PE (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Charlottetown, PE (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Dropped off my resume in store and got a call to come in about a week later. Did an in person interview in store and was hired a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your personal life that would relate to sports retail?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.