Sportsbet.com.au Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 30 Apr 2019

Sort:

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was fast and accurate to the post I have applied. Two stages of them. First one was more technical and second one was Technical/Architecture and Cultural fit. Very friendly one.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

A week after applying I got an invitation to an online test, which took an hour or so to complete.

A few days after that I got an invite to the video interview, where they ask you the questions and you record your responses, took about half an hour.

Then about a week after that I got an email stating, 'your application has passed the initial stage of the recruitment process and has now been forwarded to the Hiring Manager for further technical review.'

16 days after that I got a rejection email.

I never actually talked to a person so I still have no idea what languages they develop in, the position description didn't even say! For all I know they are a full Oracle shop and as a Microsoft stack developer I am not suitable. It shall remain a mystery.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2018.

Interview

Online Ability testing requested to be completed prior to interview. Face to face interview followed with Talent Acquisition and the current incumbent of the role. Felt pretty intense and didn't give away too much (which is fair enough). Did get a call back to meet with the hiring Leader. Thought this went quite well considering my previous experience the day prior. I didn't get the role however thoroughly enjoyed the process and learning more about the business.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darwin (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Darwin (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

got a call from sportsbet and they asked a few questions before inviting me to another interview. the actual interview was with 3 different managers, all asking different questions and testing your skills and knowledge about racing and sport

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Phone interview, video interview and online assessment. Prepare to invest a lot of time to get a role here. Interview itself went for around 1 hour and consisted of mostly behavioural based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced resistance from a colleague   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was the best I'v ever experienced. Had three rounds on interview. Detailed and thorough feedback for each round within a day. Details about strengths and weaknesses. What to expect in the next round.

The entire process took 2 weeks. From first interview to the signing of the employment contract.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good and Fair.

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Submit a expression of interest (internally) followed by a single interview. From there individuals are told of the outcome.

About 15 people applied for about 4 to 5 positions, however it was clear from those selected that the outcome was premeditated. Unqualified people who were management favourites were chosen ahead of people with many more years experience and depth in many areas.

Following the interview the feedback process was poor. If you wanted feedback you had to schedule a time yourself, and once you were in the meeting the feedback was very vanilla and not helpful at all. It put a negative taste in people's mouths. Multiple people were given the same feedback. Unprofessional. They were just following process and ticking boxes.

It was also strange that a manager who had resigned played a pivotal part in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Give us a 2 minute elevator pitch as to why you are suitable for the role?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2014.

Interview

2 stage process.
    First round with the hiring manager and HR representative. Standard probing of experience and then understanding of the company and competitive landscape.
    Second round with peer group/ senior managers. More detailed probing on skills around planning and strategic development
    move to offer

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at Sportsbet   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au.

Interview

Interview process was quite seamless. Initial phone discussed followed by 1 interview with direct managers and then a 2nd interview with the next level up. This process took a week, and then it was another week before a contract was sent to me.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

3 meetings
    first with manager
    second with department head
    third is technique questions about machine learning concept. cv, overfit so on and so forth.
    The manager is nice and technique questions are not that hard. They are more care about
    the concept rather than data science tools. But they also want you to have some business acumen.
    Such as how to improve their business using data mining tech, which is but hard, since we have not
    seen the data yet.

Interview Questions

• technique questions about machine learning concept. cv, overfit so on and so forth   Answer Question