Sportsbet.com.au Market Research Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sportsbet.com.au Market Research Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Market Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sportsbet.com.au (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

I answered an ad posted on LinkedIn and the turnaround between review of my capabilities to interview was within a week. I met with the hiring manager at their Melbourne office (he was located in Sydney).

The offices are somewhat cramped, dark and somehow loaded with clutter (marketing materials and other ephemera were around). The obligatory TV in the foyer showed sporting events as is the requirement for the company.

The hiring manager came across as an intelligent man and didn't care too much for fluffery. He knew his sports and what the company does to benefit from that industry. He was also quite clear about the function and its purpose. He had a sense of urgency to the work to be done and the efforts that the company needed to go to for effectiveness (hence the promptness from application to interview). This was a person who wouldn't dawdle.

He reminded me about what it was that attracted me to market research which was to try and understand consumer behaviour so that they can be provided better products and experiences.

Interview Questions

• On the spot case study: there is a new competitor in the market and has a introduced a innovative product to market. Our company has the immediate capability to imitate it. How would you design a research program to quickly assess whether we should do so?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.