State Bank of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

State Bank of India Interview Questions

Updated 7 Nov 2018

2.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

very easy interview

Interview Questions

• would you consider yourself a tidy person?   3 Answers

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai) in December 2012.

Interview

It was a group panel and they asked questions testing my general understanding of Finance and in banking, credit related area. Some discussion was also about economics and my extra-curricular activities.

Interview Questions

• General understanding of Credit area and basics of finance   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Package was pre-determined.

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Jamshedpur) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a video interview since this was part of a campus hiring process. There were 4 to 5 people on the panel - all very senior members of the team. The process lasted for about 20-25 minutes. Was asked about which team (Debt / Equity) I would prefer to join, and my preference was offered to me. Was told that I was selected almost right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my college projects, some basic questions about valuations etc - was asked how would I do the valuation of my university. Thought I answered that well. The panel made me comfortable by keeping it a bit casual rather than intense.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai) in March 2012.

Interview

HR scheduled the interview. The interview was taken by a panel of 2 people of above SVP rank. The interview was for 1 day only. The interview was mainly techincal. Questions asked about my internship and acadmic projects.

Associate Interview

Interview

the first stage was written exam . on clearing the exam you would be called for GD which would be then followed by a PI. combining all marks merit would be prepared.

Interview Questions

• why banking?, why govt sec is better than pvt sec. ?, why do we need rural bank?   Answer Question

job wasn't from my core field.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India (New Delhi) in January 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Both tested the fundamentals of finance. In the first rounds basic fundamentals of corporate finance, valuation and risk assessment were asked. The questions revolved around specific sectors in which you have background. I had highways and power exposure and hence was asked questions on that front. The second round was both finance concepts assessment and behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Kolkata) in October 2015.

Interview

Only one interview was conducted. Panel consisted of two senior employees, one technical and other HR. The interview was of 20 minutes. I would suggest aspirants to prepare the basics of the electives they have taken in MBA. The interview was more or less centered around basic concepts of subjects like valuation, project finance, M&A and treasury. Interview went well and the panelists were good and polite.

Interview Questions

• About the electives I had taken up: Project Finance, Treasury and Valuation
      How to evaluate a project?
      Hybrid annuity model and Treasury Limits
      Some questions related to CV   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Imphal

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Imphal) in September 2010.

Interview

asks current affairs, and personal questions

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

More weightage is given to the background and less on the interview performance. Interviews are normally short. Confidence is the key

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unfortunately i dint get to negotiate as it was a campus offer. But if the candidate has previous sectoral experience, he should negotiate for a higher designation.

Advisory Interview

Interview

i applied in june 2015 mumbai process took a day general hr round and profile screening
    interviewer are very down to earth but i am not accept the offer because they are not providing any lead specialy for this post

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.