State Bank of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

State Bank of India Interview Questions

Updated 29 Aug 2018

2.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

very easy interview

Interview Questions

• would you consider yourself a tidy person?   3 Answers

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai) in December 2012.

Interview

It was a group panel and they asked questions testing my general understanding of Finance and in banking, credit related area. Some discussion was also about economics and my extra-curricular activities.

Interview Questions

• General understanding of Credit area and basics of finance   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Package was pre-determined.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

More weightage is given to the background and less on the interview performance. Interviews are normally short. Confidence is the key

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unfortunately i dint get to negotiate as it was a campus offer. But if the candidate has previous sectoral experience, he should negotiate for a higher designation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Imphal

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Imphal) in September 2010.

Interview

asks current affairs, and personal questions

Associate Interview

Interview

Campus Interview (1 round)

Negotiation

no negotiation

Associate Interview

Interview

the first stage was written exam . on clearing the exam you would be called for GD which would be then followed by a PI. combining all marks merit would be prepared.

Interview Questions

• why banking?, why govt sec is better than pvt sec. ?, why do we need rural bank?   Answer Question

job wasn't from my core field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Varanasi).

Interview

I was referred by an employee for this job / position and the interview was in-person and 1:1. Questions related to educational background, family background, skills, previous jobs were asked by the interviewer which succeeded by a presentation of a sample product / service. Additionally, I was asked why do I want to join the company, what are my preferred locations and how exactly can I be a useful asset to the company. The interview lasted for approximately 40 minutes and ended up with a mixed set of responses from the interviewer side.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was why do I want to change my field of work and how likely I would do justice with the new position and responsibilities that I haven't borne in my previous job (s). Moreover, in my opinion how will the transition be helping me to shape my career in future and benefit me accordingly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Bank of India (New Delhi) in January 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Both tested the fundamentals of finance. In the first rounds basic fundamentals of corporate finance, valuation and risk assessment were asked. The questions revolved around specific sectors in which you have background. I had highways and power exposure and hence was asked questions on that front. The second round was both finance concepts assessment and behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Mumbai) in March 2012.

Interview

HR scheduled the interview. The interview was taken by a panel of 2 people of above SVP rank. The interview was for 1 day only. The interview was mainly techincal. Questions asked about my internship and acadmic projects.

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Jamshedpur) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a video interview since this was part of a campus hiring process. There were 4 to 5 people on the panel - all very senior members of the team. The process lasted for about 20-25 minutes. Was asked about which team (Debt / Equity) I would prefer to join, and my preference was offered to me. Was told that I was selected almost right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my college projects, some basic questions about valuations etc - was asked how would I do the valuation of my university. Thought I answered that well. The panel made me comfortable by keeping it a bit casual rather than intense.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.