State Bank of India Probationary Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 2 Mar 2019

3.2

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

Have to appear for a written test, then the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why we should select you for the job.or What is very special about u which suits the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am a direct P O and have qualified the written test and interview.

Other Interview Reviews for State Bank of India

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online, had an entrance exam; 4 sections namely Reasoning, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General Awareness/Marketing/Computer Knowledge and English Language followed by another descriptive test of the English Language and finally an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Mithakshara and Dayabagha?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Bengaluru) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process for 2013 PO recruitment involved GD and Interview. The GD was relatively easy as the topic was not too difficult "Reasons for slowdown of Indian Economy." The interview was a panel interview with Senior managers sitting all around and firing questions from all sides without an even break.

Interview Questions

• Mostly everything they asked was expected.   1 Answer

Because I don't really like banking.

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India.

Interview

Written test
    Group discussion
    Interview

Interview Questions

• Questions from your graduation especially technical questions   Answer Question

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India in January 2012.

Interview

as we all know sbi conduct recruitment through a written exam and those who clears it ,they have to go for group discussion and interview.based on their performance merit list is being prepared.after this medical exam is being conducted.after this all selected POs have to report to apex training center either at gurgaon or at ahemedabad for orientation cum leadership course for 1 week.after this they have to report to allotted stata bank learning center for 2 weeks foundation training for phase 1.after this they have to report to their respected allotted local head offices of circles(in sbi circle is alloted to officers).from there,they got their branch posting and have to report to the branches.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join SBI,why not going for IAS.what expectation you are having from SBI.how could you take the bank to new horizon,what measures would you like to suggest to improve overall standing of bank.   Answer Question

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Bank of India in December 2008.

Interview

they actually test your knowledge combined with confidence, with emphasis on confidence more. they try to find out that whether you reply whatever you are asked with confidence or not. because that is what is required in managerial post.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your hobbies and academic background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Lucknow) in December 2008.

Interview

written examination of 2 hours for objective type questions covering maths, reasoning, english, general awareness & data interpretation. Subjective paper for english comprehension, letter writing and precise writing. Psychometric test. Group discussion and interview conducted at & by IIM Lucknow.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (New Delhi) in August 2008.

Interview

It's quite complicated...

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India in August 2008.

Interview

what makes you different from other, what will you do if you are selected for the job, how your educational qualification will help you to deal with the work conditions etc

Probationary Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manama (Bahrain)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Bank of India (Manama (Bahrain)) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of questions pertaining to previous employer, and the role played, reason to join SBI, future expectations from the Bank and where do you see yourself in the long run with the Bank. Panel interview consisting of 4 members highly designated all having good knowledge and expertise in their respective fields.

Interview Questions

• What was the key role performed by you in your previous employment?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from this job and why do you think your the ideal recruit for this job?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.