SunEdison Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

SunEdison Interview Questions

Interviews at SunEdison

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

5-6 interviews over a 2 day period. All interviews were conducting on site, in Belmont, CA. I interviewed with the hiring manager, one person that works for her, her manager, and her manager's manager. I also interviewed with 2 folks that work closely with this group but were from different departments. All-in-all, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Q. What makes you qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Billing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

interviewed by 4 people together in person, and two via phone. The atmosphere was very busy and I did not feel that I had the attention of the persons on the phone. It was difficult to hear at times as well. The room that the interview took place changed at the last minute and it was a little chaotic.
    Ultimately they decided not to hire anyone for the position at that time, it was newly created position.

Interview Questions

• What my role was in my current position.   1 Answer

Commercial Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison (Belmont, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Pretty messy from day 1. I was given a verbal offer before fully interviewing with all levels. Flew me down after I signed an offer for in person interview with peers. You can tell it wasn't a. Interview as much as a lunch. The people who were there at the time (high turnover) were as nice and smart as it could be.

Interview Questions

• How do you like your steak cooked?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Two weeks later, I received a request for a screening interview. The screener knew virtually nothing about solar energy projects; she was obviously reading from a list of canned questions. After the screening interview, I received requests for screening interviews with two young solar PM's. Neither had been with SunEdison for long - neither were especially interested in renewable energy, but liked being employed in project management. Next, I was flown to Denver for in-office interviews with the Sr. Director of Operations (1 hour), the VP of Operations (1 hour) and an HR manager (1/2 hour).

The interviewers were cordial and thorough - I felt I was speaking with peers, though neither of the interviewers seemed to have much practical field experience in project management. Both seemed to be "by the numbers" guys. After the interviews, the Sr. Director of Operations told me they would be back to me "next week". Two weeks later, an HR manager called to tell me they were still considering applicants and had not made any decisions. I called two weeks later to enquire status, and again two weeks after that. None of my messages received the courtesy of a response. Two months after my interview, I received a curt one-paragraph email telling me I had not been selected.

It is now two months after my interview; my travel expenses of $400 still have not been reimbursed. A form letter from Accounts Payable asking for my Vendor Number indicates they have not even been processed. As I donated two days from my schedule and many hours on the phone, I am not pleased that my candidacy for a senior-level position has been met with such indifference, or that my significant travel expenses have not been reimbursed.

Overall, I would give SunEdison a C- for its interview process: haphazard at best, indicative of a huge, out-of-control bureaucratic machine where people are merely useful cogs. I am impressed, but not favorably impressed.

MLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a call from their current MLDP MBA people. It was nothing technical, many general interview questions, I think the person who interviewed me has just joined MLDP program for 1 year. She pretty much read all questions she needs to ask. There was nothing technical about the interview. I wish it could be more technical. I never get to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your Strength and weaknesses?
      Tell me about a time that you overcome a team challenge?   Answer Question

Project Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison in October 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter first and described my resume/ experience. I then had a second call setup with the hiring manager. A few days later the recruiter informed me they decided to go with another candidate.

Solar Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SunEdison (Sacramento, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and received an email the following day inviting me to participate in a video interview. I participated and was informed I would be contacted by a local recruiter. No contact was ever made. I reached out several times to a hiring specialist, but have not received any response.

Rotational Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SunEdison in February 2014.

Interview

In order to be considered for the position I submitted a resume and cover letter, while also completing a short essay question about identifying the best environments (business, geographic, etc) and considerations for solar power. Based on my information I was offered a first round phone interview, conducted by two current analysts in the program. The interviewers followed a clear script and did not seem particularly experienced in hiring (which makes sense given that they were recent college grads themselves)

Pce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison (Denver, CO (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Told how great the company was doing which wasn't actually true. Shared my cost control finance experience and was hired without an engineering background. It was all about reducing the per wattage expense for off-taker but there were so many different scenarios it was hard to follow management's plan.
    I wasn't asked very difficult questions, based more on if you fit the culture. Not sure what the culture is though.

Interview Questions

• To explain my construction experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the pay was much higher than I was earning.

Netsuite Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SunEdison (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me up then placed me on the job. It was a very straight forward process. The down side it took a month for them to decide. They just asked very basic NetSuite questions and very basic Suitescript questions.

Interview Questions

• They just asked very basic netsuite questions   2 Answers