SunEdison Sourcing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at SunEdison

1 Interview Review

2.0

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SunEdison in February 2014.

Interview

I had a very negative experience at Sun Edison while interviewing for the Sourcing Engineer position. I had about 5 interviews over phone (spread over 8 weeks) before being called in for a final round.

The schedule and interviewers for the final round was very different than what I had been informed. The first interviewer was already 40 minutes late and did not have any room reserved. The other two 'scheduled interviewers' were either not in office or busy. Another guy came in totally unprepared and told me that he was there "only as a filler" and didn't know much. I had an abrupt break after the second interview for about 45 minutes and was all by myself sitting in the conference room. The third interviewer was very helpful and friendly. I was then told to leave because the forth interviewer did not have time to meet. He would instead call me at 6:00 PM (local time) to talk further... WOW!!!! This is not the end.

Next day (Friday) I got a call and they gave me a verbal offer and negotiated a start-date (I was already working for another company) with a promise of extending an offer next week. I connected with them the next Tuesday and they expressed delays and uncertainty in extending an offer. After trying to reach out to them for another 2 days, they said they cannot extend an offer letter because of change in budget allocations. (ALL THIS HAPPENS IN ONE WEEK. SO UNPROFESSIONAL).

They were supposed to reimburse my for my flight and accommodation. It has been more then 12 weeks and I am yet to get my money back. The team has been very unresponsive to my emails about reimbursement. I have sent at least four emails. I was finally able to get in touch with the accounting department and they have now started processing my reimbursement.

I have never seen such unprofessional behavior from any company in the past and wonder how they even work with such irresponsible people. Sun Edison definitely looks like a great company but I am saddened to say that my experience has been very negative.

Interview Questions

• Why Solar?
    What is your experience in Energy Storage and excel modelling?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.