Switch Critical Systems Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Switch

1 Interview Review

4.0

Critical Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a Critical Systems Manager at a job fair and received a telephone interview three weeks later. During the telephone interview the manager did a fantastic job explaining what services switch provides and what they expect from their employees. We determined that my experience and qualifications fit perfectly for a Network Operations Center technician position but the pay was about 20k.yr lower than the minimum I could accept. However I did have some experience with HVAC and Electromechanical systems so he told me he would consider me for a Critical Systems Technician position. They pay range for that position was still low but if I shut off my cable and sold one of my cars I would be able to make it if I couldn't find something else so I decided to move on with the application process. I received a call about a week later to set up an in person interview. I went to my in person interview along with 9 other applicants and they gave us a very extensive tour of their SuperNAP facilities which are very impressive to say the least. After the tour they put us in a break room, fed us lunch and we waited for our actual interviews.

The interview was with a panel of 8 assorted managers. Most of the technical questions where electronics questions related to Networking and Long Haul Communications systems I hadn't worked on in 8 to 10 years. After the first half of the day I was excited about the prospect of working at switch but not excited about the actual work or low pay for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the electrical component that turns AC into DC power and the electrical component that reverses that process   2 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.