Switch Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Switch Interview Questions

Interviews at Switch

3.1

Global Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Switch (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Mainly they make you interview with multiple people during different days to see if your a good fit. They hire 3rd party recruiter to pick up candidates. They will ask you basic telecommunications questions etc. Like company and people I spoke with but they seem to have a lack of diversity and excuse I was given for no offer was lack of experience but yet I'm a top 5 producer for my current employer in same field.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Brought into a small room and given a pen to fill out the same forms you already filled out. Then two out of shape guys in paramilitary uniforms ask questions. But even with over 20 years relevant experience like I have, you WILL NOT get on without a military background. You could have peeled potatoes for a year and that will trump experience greater than needed for the job. Lastly, they stroll you through the fancy lighted facility and send you on your way.

Interview Questions

• What does SECURITY mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Switch?   1 Answer
    • Who do you know at Switch?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Switch (Reno, NV (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Was invited to interview shortly after submitting my application. My email correspondence with the recruiter went very well however, the actual interview was not even an interview it was barely even a formality. The interviewer did not have any of my information with her had left her laptop at home had lost her wallet for the day. After letting me know all of this I provided my copy of my resume as well as the completed Switch documents the recruiter had asked me to bring with me to interview. The interviewer proceeded with telling me about the company, then asked no questions of me, leaving me to try continue the interview by telling her about myself, then concluded the interview in less than 10 minutes TOTAL. Huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions, only asked if I had any questions.   1 Answer

NOC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Switch.

Interview

You receive a phone interview and 2 face to face where you describe yourself and your job experience as it relates to the position. The interview we asking you question on how you would handle situations dealing with Customers Service. The last interview I was told was a meet and greet. Lasted 5 minutes and a waste of time. Once they get you in the last interview. They try to give you a lowball figure of what they are tying to offer you as salary to see if you are okay with that. I was told that they really need people, but by the way they go about the interviews process it is a farce. Don't waste peoples time with the whole calling them back if you have no intentions of hiring them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle confrontations in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Perl Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Sent resume through recruiter after meeting with them in person; a few days later had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Later that day arrangements were made for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and one of the developers. In the meantime, I worked on a code challenge. The interview was about a week after I met the recruiter. The hiring manager indicated some concern with the fact that I hadn't used object-oriented PERL (though I had used object oriented programming in two other languages). I later heard back from the recruiter saying they would be interested in hiring me at a pay rate 18% lower than originally indicated. "No, thanks!" I said.

Interview Questions

• What languages have you used for projects, and did you use object-oriented programming techniques?   Answer Question

Critical Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

The interview process begins with a group tour of all the facilities with the other candidates. Then each one of you is interviewed for technical knowledge, as well as, for general interview questions. While you are waiting for your interview a group of 2 or 3 current employees will be sitting with you and the rest of the group to probe and ask questions to get to know your personalities. This is to gauge whether your personality fits with the current guys working there. This factors into whether you will be hired because the employees are asked after the interview who would fit in. Finally, the decision has to be unanimous, and if even one person disagrees then you are not hired. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• They ask me a question about Building Management Systems, and it had been a while since I had work with them so I told them that. So they asked me if I had lied on the my resume about my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They send you an offer letter via email and you can either accept or decline.

Critical Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a Critical Systems Manager at a job fair and received a telephone interview three weeks later. During the telephone interview the manager did a fantastic job explaining what services switch provides and what they expect from their employees. We determined that my experience and qualifications fit perfectly for a Network Operations Center technician position but the pay was about 20k.yr lower than the minimum I could accept. However I did have some experience with HVAC and Electromechanical systems so he told me he would consider me for a Critical Systems Technician position. They pay range for that position was still low but if I shut off my cable and sold one of my cars I would be able to make it if I couldn't find something else so I decided to move on with the application process. I received a call about a week later to set up an in person interview. I went to my in person interview along with 9 other applicants and they gave us a very extensive tour of their SuperNAP facilities which are very impressive to say the least. After the tour they put us in a break room, fed us lunch and we waited for our actual interviews.

The interview was with a panel of 8 assorted managers. Most of the technical questions where electronics questions related to Networking and Long Haul Communications systems I hadn't worked on in 8 to 10 years. After the first half of the day I was excited about the prospect of working at switch but not excited about the actual work or low pay for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the electrical component that turns AC into DC power and the electrical component that reverses that process   2 Answers

NOC Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Starts off with a Phone Interview, then it moves into a 1:1 with a of the department you applied forSupervisor, and finally 1:2 with the Director and Vice President of the department.

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Everything is very structured, These guys only want the BEST in the industry. If you don't KNOW your stuff, don't bother applying. They also want to know a lot about your past experience and ability to troubleshoot problems. They also want to understand your work ethic, as they expect you to work over 8 almost every day without expecting compensation. NOTE, you will be compensated for your time, but you shouldn't EXPECT it.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Switch (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

It was pretty quick. just got an email and got set up with an appointment in a week. had a one on one interview with the director and he was a cool guy

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.