Syntel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 23 Mar 2019

2.7

Sort:

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Syntel in July 2018.

Interview

There are three round interviews
    1. Phone interview( introduce yourself, experience details, introduce the company)
    2. Assessment about analytical, quantitative and technical questions, 60 minutes for 3 sections, 75questions
    3. Zoom interview about OOPs, SDLC, simple coding questions

Interview Questions

• 1st round
      Questions about experience
      2nd round
      Analytical, quantitative and technical questions
      3rd round
      Basic concepts of OOPs, SQL and SDLC   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Syntel (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online. They called me and sent an email to set up a phone interview which was easy non-technical. She explained that the Philly position I applied to wasn't actually open and gave me some other location options, and I agreed to apply to Phoenix. Then they sent me a 75min timed programming assessment which was somewhat tricky in that I don't know, and didn't claim to know, some of the languages and things they asked, and some typos were distracting and made questions ambiguous. Five days later they said I had passed the assessment (must have a low bar for passing) and they wanted to do a Skype technical interview. I studied the questions reported here, and it was easy. The interviewer wasn't technical and seemed to be reading a script. I didn't hear back after that until a MONTH later "reminding" me that everything went well with my interview and they were just waiting for positions to open up... Why were they advertising for positions they didn't have open?

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn. A couple of days later I had a brief non-technical phone interview outlining the hiring process. I was sent a link for an online technical/computational assessment to be completed within 24 hrs. I wasn't too bad though I would review SAT-type math. Next came a technical interview a week later. Again, not too bad.

Interview Questions

• When does a class require an equals method to be written?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Syntel in May 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview a week after recruiter called me. It took about 30 minutes and questions are not hard. Some basic java programming questions, and design patterns.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Syntel in November 2013.

Interview

Had a total of three rounds, two technical and one HR, all of them were telephonic. First technical was only to clarify the experience mentioned in resume, second technical was more specific technical questions related Java, Programming, Maven, Design patterns, and previous project experience. HR Round had more basic questions like previous experience and reason for looking for new opportunities. Overall the interview process was petty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What significant are Design patterns to any J2EE application   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Syntel in April 2018.

Interview

Had a screen interview over the phone after applying online. Emailed back and forth between me and the assistant manager to schedule the technical interview. I originally scheduled the interview for Tuesday, but she didn't see the email and we had to schedule it for Thursday. When Thursday came along, I didn't get the Skype interview or a call so I emailed the manager again. She told me that the interviewer was busy and asked if I can do the interview at 5:30pm instead of 5pm. I emailed her back saying it was okay, but the same thing happened again when 5:40pm came along. I get an email the next morning saying the interviewer couldn't do the interview on Thursday and if I can do the interview today(Friday) at 5pm instead. I didn't even bother replying. It was a complete waste of time

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Syntel (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Three phone calls
    1. HR called in first and gathered basic information
    2. Technical staff called in the next day with the below listed interview questions
    3. Manager called in to enquire about other aspects of technology that i knew

Interview Questions

• - Basics about Java, struts and sprint
      - what is a class, interface, function?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I interviewed at Syntel (Weston, FL (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process is just showy,it seemed to me that they were just doing a formality while interviewing me and they had already had some of their personal guy whom they might have to select..crappy!!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Oncampus Recruiting.
    1st Round- Written Test- consisted of Aptitude, English, and Math questions, every section
                                                  had individual cutoff.
    2st Round - Group Discussion - Had to speak on a topic given.
    3rd Round- Personal Interview - Basic interview question, project work etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Syntel.

Interview

Interview went well. Had client interview also. Totally 2 rounds of interview. But later came to know that position was on hold. No professionalism to inform the candidate about the interview process and about the next steps. Not at all feel like joining this company.

Interview Questions

• About your previous projects.Average. Not much complex. Quiet average questions on Test Automation specific to tools. Questions around manual and automation process.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.