TCS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

TCS Interview Questions

Interviews at TCS

2.6

Server Interview

Interview

good there is alot quetions about technical questions and it help alot and that a about it
    the idea of sitting here and answers all of these questions sucks

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

It was telephonic interview and they didn't tell weather they will take next face to face or not. But this was technical interview and approach was very nice.overall it is good and I am waiting for positive response from organization.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TCS in May 2019.

Interview

no-show skype interview. This has happened before with both phone screens and skype interviews. One time I was referred to a number where a person dealing with multiple calls set up a phone interview for later, which did not happen. Another time I was directed to call a conference line. There was nobody there. I waited for 20 minutes. This seems to be an ongoing problem with the company.

Human Resources Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCS (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I attended the interview in Chennai
    Initial there was a online test McQ based on general HR topics simple plus few questions about company
    Next round was gd,case discussions which was based on real Time scenario
    Final round was personal interview

Interview Questions

• you are HR manager and u find a team doing overtime as the project demands it and how will u manage attrition Provided there is high attrition on the team   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TCS (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Too many rounds of interview. And rejects candidates For minor reasons at documentation stage even after having all documents same to the things mentioned in the CV. WRONG PROCESS. You should check CV carefully at hr round only. I wasted 3 full days for interview, documentation stages. Received selection mail but not offer letter.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

It has 3 rounds.
    TR, MR and HR.

My TR was about 40 minutes and I answered the questions well. Candidates who went after me were asked to leave for the day. I was feeling confident and was waiting for the result. They took so much time in discussing as my result was in pending list. Finally after 3.5 hours they told me that I am not rejected but not suitable for the account. Why do they even interview and call if the resume doesn't suit the account? Another candidate who is of lesser experience and quoted lesser expected salary was selected and this is the reason I was marked not suitable. They made me wait for 5 hours to tell that I am not suitable. Very bad ethics and cruel on their part.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS.

Interview

Quatitative Aptitude Test:
    The first is the Quantitative Aptitude test where the numerical and the reasoning ability sections are tested. There are 20 questions that need to be attempted in 40 minutes. There are 2-star questions which have more weight than normal questions and are a bit tricky. There is negative marking of 1/3rd for the questions other than the star. Important topics include Number system, Equations, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Time speed Distance, Areas and Mensuration, Averages, Permutations and Combinations, Probability, Plane geometry, Seating Arrangements, Sets, Progressions, Functions, Series, Coding, Truth and Lie based puzzles.
    Programming Language Test:
    This round consists of general questions from computer science and programming languages. It consists of 10 to 12 questions and the time allotted is 20 minutes. It is an MCQ round and basically consists of basic programming questions.
    Coding Round:
    This is a technical coding round. It consists of 1 to 2 questions and the time allotted is 20 minutes.
    You can refer to the Practice Section to explore the questions asked in TCS.

E-mail writing : There will be given certain clues/words using which you have to write an e-mail addressing the scenario. You have to type the e-mail in the space given. The most important thing is you have to use all the phrases given without missing even a single one. The time allotted is 10 minutes.
    You can refer to E-mail Writing to explore the questions asked in TCS and practice further.

Interview Questions

• Check if the door is open or closed
      Extract the Number from the String
      Number Of Open Doors
      Linked List Insertion
      Binary Search
      How would you find the second largest salary in table?
      Prefix and Postfix
      What is a spanning Tree ?
      Explain 3NF ?
      What is friend function ?
      What does static variable mean?
      Difference between C++ and Java
      Difference between run time binding and compile time binding   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TCS.

Interview

Two rounds of interview 1 telephonic and 1 skype. Most of the question are on Java, Spring, Hibernate and Restful API in the first round which is more technical. the second round is more last project and technologies used in my experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS.

Interview

it was a joke. The the recruitor took forever to give me a second interview six months and then a technical interview was it really it's like another Behavior interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College, AK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS (College, AK (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Aptitude round
    Technical round
    Managerial round
    Finally HR
    Just prepare from campus gate website and nextsteptcs.com website
    And in aptitude there was 4 sections
    First is quantitative aptitiude, second section is verbal, third is programming mcqs,and the last section is coding round.
    In coding round you need to write programs by passing command line arguments
    One should not use scanf to take input from user

Interview Questions

• Write a program to check palindrome   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.