TCS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

TCS Interview Questions

Interviews at TCS

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCS (Newark, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

You go through a skype interview, where they ask you about your resume. Followed by a technical interview where they ask about your knowledge in technical skills. Then they ask you to fill in the paper work and then if you did wel they give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about TCS?
      Where do you see yourself in the 3-5 years from now?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was done with written test around 500 at a time.. Got through and was waiting for tech round they asked me a php question and he was very much satisfied with me but did not select though

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College, AK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS (College, AK (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Aptitude round
    Technical round
    Managerial round
    Finally HR
    Just prepare from campus gate website and nextsteptcs.com website
    And in aptitude there was 4 sections
    First is quantitative aptitiude, second section is verbal, third is programming mcqs,and the last section is coding round.
    In coding round you need to write programs by passing command line arguments
    One should not use scanf to take input from user

Interview Questions

• Write a program to check palindrome   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS.

Interview

it was a joke. The the recruitor took forever to give me a second interview six months and then a technical interview was it really it's like another Behavior interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I didn't get past the first round, I talked to an HR women over the phone and she asked some very basic question about object oriented languages and the interview lasted about 30 - 40 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TCS in May 2019.

Interview

no-show skype interview. This has happened before with both phone screens and skype interviews. One time I was referred to a number where a person dealing with multiple calls set up a phone interview for later, which did not happen. Another time I was directed to call a conference line. There was nobody there. I waited for 20 minutes. This seems to be an ongoing problem with the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TCS (Irving, TX (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was quick, 1 phone screen interview, after that onsite interviews(6 interviews onsite). Questions weren't too difficult but not very easy as well had to think, mostly related to performance in 3-tier architecture find areas that can be bottlenecks, some OO concepts, database indexing and sql queries. Overall the interview questions are position based, not very difficult although the test is tedious to finish but not impossible. With some Java…

• Application

Show More   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS.

Interview

Quatitative Aptitude Test:
    The first is the Quantitative Aptitude test where the numerical and the reasoning ability sections are tested. There are 20 questions that need to be attempted in 40 minutes. There are 2-star questions which have more weight than normal questions and are a bit tricky. There is negative marking of 1/3rd for the questions other than the star. Important topics include Number system, Equations, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Time speed Distance, Areas and Mensuration, Averages, Permutations and Combinations, Probability, Plane geometry, Seating Arrangements, Sets, Progressions, Functions, Series, Coding, Truth and Lie based puzzles.
    Programming Language Test:
    This round consists of general questions from computer science and programming languages. It consists of 10 to 12 questions and the time allotted is 20 minutes. It is an MCQ round and basically consists of basic programming questions.
    Coding Round:
    This is a technical coding round. It consists of 1 to 2 questions and the time allotted is 20 minutes.
    You can refer to the Practice Section to explore the questions asked in TCS.

E-mail writing : There will be given certain clues/words using which you have to write an e-mail addressing the scenario. You have to type the e-mail in the space given. The most important thing is you have to use all the phrases given without missing even a single one. The time allotted is 10 minutes.
    You can refer to E-mail Writing to explore the questions asked in TCS and practice further.

Interview Questions

• Check if the door is open or closed
      Extract the Number from the String
      Number Of Open Doors
      Linked List Insertion
      Binary Search
      How would you find the second largest salary in table?
      Prefix and Postfix
      What is a spanning Tree ?
      Explain 3NF ?
      What is friend function ?
      What does static variable mean?
      Difference between C++ and Java
      Difference between run time binding and compile time binding   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

It has 3 rounds.
    TR, MR and HR.

My TR was about 40 minutes and I answered the questions well. Candidates who went after me were asked to leave for the day. I was feeling confident and was waiting for the result. They took so much time in discussing as my result was in pending list. Finally after 3.5 hours they told me that I am not rejected but not suitable for the account. Why do they even interview and call if the resume doesn't suit the account? Another candidate who is of lesser experience and quoted lesser expected salary was selected and this is the reason I was marked not suitable. They made me wait for 5 hours to tell that I am not suitable. Very bad ethics and cruel on their part.

ASE Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, MS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCS (India, MS (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was 5 rounds on campus interview, TCS team came to collage
    1, return test - conducted on computer based on results they are moving to other rounds
    2, general tech round - questions on all subjects you choose
    3, tech round - based on your interested subject
    4, MR - General management questions
    5, HR - General HR questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.