TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at TEKsystems

1,336 Interview Reviews

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Menlo Park, CA (US)).

Interview

I turned down their offer for a Project Manager role at Facebook. The final (after negotiating) total compensation (salary, PTO, medical, and other benefits) was around $130k/ year, still $35k/year lower than my other offer. Their PTO and ESL is a joke compared to the standard Bay Area PTO packages varying from 28 days to unlimited.
    I wasn’t impressed by the TekSystems team that interviewed me at FB. The PMO lead got visibly upset at me a couple of times for 1.) me not knowing which conference room my next interview is at and 2.) for telling her that PMO is responsible for projects controls and standardization. I’m not going to elaborate on my answer here as PMPs and those working in a PMO setting are familiar with the concept. The point is that she clearly has anger issues, yet she is a management role.
    Job stability and security is questionable. Tek moves their people around all over the Bay Area because I don’t think one would change jobs every 12- 18 months.
    Lastly, my recruiter was quite useless. I had to remind her TWICE to email me their benefits package. She would also give only partial answers and had no clue about this role at FB…

Interview Questions

Interview

Very easy and quick process. Was told what was required and I was given specific deadlines for both myself and the company. Only did one actual interview and it was over the phone and was offered the job on the spot.

Technical Staffing Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

About a week after I applied I got an email to have a phone interview that lasted about half an hour. I declined the offer due to the fact that most of your pay is directly related to sales.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within the same day for an assessment and then with an offer of initial interview. I talked with a recruiter on the phone for the initial call, and it was smooth. The next day I was offered next round interview. I ended up needing to move it a day due to a death in the immediate family, and the recruiter and interviewers were flexible. The second interview was a panel interview, which I did not know about nor did I have the correct names of who I was interviewing with. They were both account managers. Interview was fairly normal but did have some personal questions that typically I wouldn’t expect. Then they asked if I was interviewing with other companies. When I replied yes they started questioning if I really wanted to work for them and if I knew what I wanted. All that aside I got a call fairly quickly from the recruiter saying they loved me and wanted me to come in for a half day interview. At the same time she also told me how insecure they felt over if I really would say yes to the role and if I was all in on this company. She mentioned that I really needed to sell that this was the only job I really wanted. The next week I went in for a shadow and panel interview for half a day. It went well although there were some red flags about work life balance that had me in question. During the panel interview they mentioned that they weren’t going to sell me on why I should work for them, which I found odd since they were so insecure about if I would take it. They also asked if I wasn’t offered a role if they could recruit me for one of their customers. After leaving that day I have heard nothing from the company in over two weeks. I’ve reached out and no reply. They completely ghosted me, which feels very unprofessional. I feel like they want people who think this is the only company in the world. While everyone who works there loves it, I would make sure to do your research on if it’s right for you knowing they will and have a history of ghosting candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and asked me to apply online. Followed up with me with an email, scheduled a phone interview, and made me take a personality test.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview asking basic questions on my background and my interest in the field. From what I got from the interview, you need to have a sales mentality. So make sure mention your drive to reach goals with examples.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview started with a meeting with the site director, a tenured group manager and 2 recruiters. The most repeated question in the interview was “you are a mom, can you do this job?”

Interview Questions

• As a mother, will you be able to commit to this job? Are you sure you want to do this job ?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

i definitely thought it was tough and long, i was asked to do many tasks and complete surveys , i did not enjoy all of the hard work they put me through but in the end it was worth it since i got an offer. i would try again but i decided to go with a different company!

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick I applied to the job and a week later I had a phone interview with Jake Backers. A week after the phone interview I had an in-person interview with the hiring managers Matt Finnegan and Carroll Saville. Both interviews went great it’s not your average interview when they say be yourself and tell them about yourself they mean it and they don’t want the average floppy interview answers they want real answers they really want to know about who you are as a person which made the interview quite relaxing. The second round interview went perfect after the second interview I was instructed to connect with TEKsystems employees online to see their experience to get a feel of the job from others point of view to see if it’s something that I really would like to do and I did as requested and heard nothing but great feedback from previous as well as current employees. After I’ve done that I was received a third-round which is a shadow day inside the office where they’ll show you hands-on EVERYTHING THE JOB consist of I really learned a lot and all of my questions was answered about the day to day lifestyle, compensation and what would be expected of me. The shadow day lasted from 8-11:30 and I was told that they’ll be in touch. A week later I received a call that although I did great on my interview and there wasn’t anything that they would instruct me to work on that they were looking at other candidates. I was a little discouraged after the call because I thought to receive a shadow day meant I had the job, it was really up to me at that point. I was excited about coming on board and being apart of TEKsystems but I believe that everything happens for a reason and when one door closes a greater one opens. I honestly really respect the hiring Manager for calling me and giving me head ups about my status instead of leaving me wondering for weeks. He was upfront, honest and communicated very well which the company TEKsystems is big on. My advice is to go in there BE YOURSELF and just be honest. Show them why they’ll be missing out if they don’t choose you.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about technology?   1 Answer

IT Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Informational interview process to determine what skills and experience you possess in order to meet open requirements of opportunities. It was a very pleasant conversation in which we spoke for about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell about you current position and why are you looking?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.