TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated 4 Sep 2015

2.7

Advertising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA (US)).

Interview

For this position I applied online and the followed up with HR. I had an initial phone conversation with HR to probably first screen if I was the right fit and then after had my interview with 3 people in the office, and all at different levels. The only frustrating part was that I didn't hear back if I got the job or not until over a month later. Because this was prior to the holiday season, I'm guessing it was both the mix of management out of the office for the holidays and the approval of budget for the next year, however it was a nail-biting experience waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted the job and why I thought I'd be a good candidate   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There was no interview. I walked in, asked if they were hiring, and pretty much got the green light from jump street. Didn't even watch the crappy VHS workplace videos which was cool with me.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the MDP and several days was asked to complete an online video interview. A month later, I was asked to fly up to the corporate office for a 5 1/2 hour "assessment day" which consisted of a presentation, group activity for allocating men's polo shirts, three back to back interviews, a job shadow, lunch, and a slideshow of the buildings. The process was labor intensive and time consuming, but I did not feel that they were serious about hiring me despite my excellent education and qualifications. The recruiters on assessment day asked me the exact same questions over and over again, many of which were too situation specific or irrelevant to an entry level position. It was very difficult not to be irritated and they would not hint at salary.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied or interviewed?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in this position?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was very long and unstructured. Although they did ask basic questions, there were a few oddballs thrown in. It was not difficult. There were several interviews that took place. References were called and overall it just seemed to be a very basic process.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

The interview was informal. Once I arrived the manager took me into the back office to sit and chat. It lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were very vague and focused on past retail experience, as well as availability, the hours I wanted to work, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite and least favorite things about working in retail   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Shreveport, LA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent them a resume through careerbuilder.com. And they, then, called me to schedule an interview, but, I wasn't in. I called them the next day and had the interview that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what I wanted to do in 5 years.   1 Answer
    • They asked what was a consideration in choosing where I wanted to work.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Papillion, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Papillion, NE (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they called the next morning for an interview a few days later. I got there filled out another application and then he interviewed me. It was pretty short but he said he would call for orientation but never called me. Guess didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• "Did you do any after school activities?" "do you remember a time where you used teamwork?" "what was your favorite part about school?" "what was your least favorite part?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

They sat me down in their back room and intervied me on thier basic questions and then told me to tell me about myself. very laid back. They told me everything right there from the pay to the hours that i could potentially work. Very comfortable experience overall and the nthey called me two-three days later and offered me a posittion at their store.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Savannah, GA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I recently conducted a phone interview with a recruiter for TJX Companies applying for an Area Distribution Operations Manager position. The phone interview went very well and our conversation was very positive.

Interview Questions

• One question that he asked me was during my military career have I ever managed employees in a similar size facility and number of employees equal to what a TJX Area Distribution Operations Manager manages daily?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Ocala, FL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my application and got a call from the manager 1 hour later ask me to come in the next day for an interview. The manager was very nice and friendly, interview went for about 15 minutes, very basic questions. She was very interested and wanted to check my references before i can come for training class/orientation day. I got offered the job 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? what is team work? what is customer service? Tell me if you have ever had an upset customer and how did you handle it? your salary expectation? your availability? what position are you interested in? what do you love most about working in retail?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.