Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Bengaluru) in February 2018.

Interview

I had applied through campus placements. It was a one day process.

First round - Technical aptitude. 11 questions out of which 10 were MCQs related to expected output of given code snippet. 1 coding question

Second Round - A total of 16 students were shortlisted after first round. We were sent for 1st technical round. Questions were asked mainly based on what was written in resume. I had mentioned about SQL, Java, Android and Git. I was asked a lot of questions based on those.

All 16 shortlisted students were sent to 2nd Technical round as well. The panel was different this time. They already had reviews from the panel who has taken my first Technical interview. They asked me more questions on Java, projects listed in resume and code snippets of those. They asked some general questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on SQL - SQL queries based on joins, aggregate functions, group by, having clause   Answer Question
    • Java - Inheritance, Packages, Access Modifiers, Synchronous and Asynchronous tasks, Overriding, Overloading   Answer Question
    • What is Git? Why is it used? Explain the projects you have mentioned   Answer Question
    • How does search in Google browser work?   Answer Question
    • Given a huge list of numbers, whats the best way to sort it. Implement   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us? Why do you want to work at Target   Answer Question

Consumables Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Fond du Lac, WI (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

it was a four part interview process starting with my team lead then to the ETL,STL, and finally HRBP it was a week long task that had plenty of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tim ewhen you had mutiple things to do in a short period of time, what did you do.   8 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR. Then I was invited back to me with three other people from the team. I also had to do an online test which consisted of an IQ and personality test. The test was hard and many people that I spoke with agreed that the test was tricky and they didn't think they would be hired.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview of basic questions with a recruiter. Contaced a couple of days later to schedule an interview. Had 24 hours to complete a personality and IQ type test. Interview consisted of 3 groups of people. Took about 2 hours total. STAR format questions/answers. Was contacted a week later via phone by the recruiter that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on the website for the position and scheduled a phone interview within a week of submitting. The lady who interviewed me asked some behavioral questions about prior work or school experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with an authority figure, how did you resolve it   2 Answers

Overnight Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone interview, and two in person interviews. Process took about 2 weeks. An offer was made after the third interview. Started working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are predictable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You take what they offer, or you don't work.

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized and rushed. They asked some personality question. When I told them what I applied for they seemed to be confused. Told them I wanted to be overnight and they were interviewing me for the sales floor and cashier.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in x situation?   1 Answer

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Largo, MD (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process took a really long time. There were three interviews that I had to do - a Team Leader, the Team Leader that would be supervising me, and the Store Team Leader. What took so long was working around everybody's schedules. I found myself frequently calling back in order to "remind" them that I was waiting for an interview. It helped knowing the names of the people in HR in order to get directly to them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at something, and what you did about it?   1 Answer

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

You can only apply online; either at home or store kiosk. They will call you to set up an interview time consistent with the position you are seeking; i.e. day interview for day job and night time (after 7pm-ish) for overnight positions. You'll meet with a Team Member who will provide paperwork and testing. Then another Team Member for a quick series of questions. Finally, a Team Lead will ask the very same questions the TM asked. You may or may not be offered a position on-the-spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me a time when you had to work with someone else to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-existant

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

A series of predetermined questions for manager to determine if you're right for the job. If you answered them adequately was up to the interviewing manager (Team Lead) for what ever department you are being hired to decides you are a good candidate you are then escalated to the Executive Team Lead to interview you further. The Executive Team Lead asks you more questions about past workplaces and your reasons for leaving previous jobs if you have and why you applied at target. After you go through that line of questioning you are escalated to the human resources manager. Human resources tells you your start date pending you pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you encounter a problem in the workplace.   1 Answer

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager gave me a call with some attitude like they were doing me a favor, however scheduled me for an interview. They made me what up to an hour of the scheduled interview time and to make matters once, I took initiative to find a manager to tell them I was waiting only to be met with disdain. Instead of being upfront they sent me an email to tell me I was not hired.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.