Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 15 Apr 2019

2.7

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad) in September 2017.

Interview

Tata Consultant Services visited our college in September this year. It was great. Nearly 400 members cleared the first round. Since it was a huge number they had conducted 3 rounds in a single panel i.e., tr, mr and hr in a single panel and they wrapped it up under 7 PM. The interview started with rating myself in programming languages and then they had asked me questions on C, C++, JAVA, Operating Systems, Software engineering and logical skills. They mainly concentrated on the resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Coimbatore) in September 2017.

Interview

First round is Programming round and email writing..They asked simple c - programs and then Personal Interview. The students who have 7.5 and below CGPA need to attend Aptitude round.Nice process.

Assistant Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

It was a campus placement drive. They followed 3 stages, 1. aptitude round 2. email writing 3. tech HR.
    The first two rounds were easy and coming to HR , it is basically your luck. Some may end up with no technical questions and some may end up with some personal conversation. But many may end up with hard logical scenarios. Be prepared

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism and write a code of run time polymorphism   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pune City

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune City).

Interview

First phase was of Aptitude round! We were given 40 aptitude questions, 60 minutes time! Cutoff was about 22 (they never announce the cutoff)

Second round - Technical round! Some basic questions about electronics and programming were asked! We were also asked to explain our third year mini project!

Third round - HR Round! It was all about personality check and to find out whether you're ready for all India posting!

Results were announced on the same day!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai) in October 2016.

Interview

4 rounds:
    aptitude
    Technical,mangement and Human resources
    aptitude: basic stuff, can use standard books and 20-30 days to master the questions.
    Technical: well, it depends on the panel.To be honest,my experience was quite horrible, and therefore I wasn't able to advance.
    Even after my Technical round was over by 12:00pm, I wasn't informed whether I had cleared the round.Even till 8:00 pm at night, it wasn't clear whether I had cleared the round. Total Chaos,no transparency.

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview was held on 5th sept,2016.there were 2 members in the panal, it started with my introduction and a few questions on my hobbies, then they started asking me questions from my core subject as i am a student of mechanical engineering stream in which i had already mentioned my subjects of interest. i did answer fairly well as the questions were very common. After 10 min on my core subjects i was asked questions on c language. these questions were also very common but i was only able to answer a few of them. As technical questions were done I was then asked questions on HR, like why IT, why TCS, what if you are not selected and a few puzzels. the interview took for 25-30 min approx. it went well overall.

Interview Questions

• what will happen if you are not selected today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vellore).

Interview

process took 2 days. first round is email writing and quants. you have to use given words while writing email. second round - shortlisted candidates go through a panel interview.
    1) introduce
    2) basic c programs
    3) oops concepts(if mentioned in resume)
    4) explain projects
    5) data structure basics
    6) why it and tcs?

Interview Questions

• Q. introduce yourself
      Q. string reverse
      Q. 8051 microcontroller program
      Q. difference between micro processor and controller?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad) in July 2016.

Interview

they had aptitude round.
    they had group discussion.
    then they had technical round.
    at last they had hr round.
    al the basic questions were asked which do test ua skills.
    over all a good interview

Anonymous Employee in Davangere

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Davangere) in October 2012.

Interview

There were 3 rounds- technical HR and MR. Few programming logic were asked in technical round and remaining questions were generic. MR round was taken just for name sake. They asked about current events which I felt is not required

Interview Questions

• Few programming logic were asked in technical round and remaining questions were generic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Visakhapatnam) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was held in my college. TCS is a mass recuiter for our college many were selected and interview process was held for 5 days. Had a good interview. Cleared written test and Technical Interview. Rejected in HR round. Mostly they didn't concentrate on my programming technical skills. Every is all about your luck and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• In technical interview they asked about basic programming questions in C, java and Mysql.
      In HR about some routine and expected questions like why TCS?, long term and short term goals?, any plan for future studies etc., But every is all about your luck and communication skills.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.