Tata Consultancy Services Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

2.8

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (India, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I had attained in 2014. Here are some questions:

1. Five circle- adjacent to each other in ascending order, first dia 8 and last dia 18, find mid one.

2. What does cajole means?

3. Area if square increase by 69% find sides % increased by?

4. A women drop eggs, she says if eggs are divided in 2 remainder is 1, if in 3 reminder is 2 and in 4 remainder is 3. What no.of eggs she have?

5. If 32+24=100 what no. system is used?

Interview Questions

• 19. 6,1:5,2:7,7:3,4:0,7?? find odd one.

20. 4,44,444,4444. Something like this.

21. 12 marbles, 4 blue, 4 green, 4 red. What no of time you can draw that both color are same at once. When you pick 2 at once.

22. A car has front 30 and rear 20. If front rotate 240 time. Find back wheel rotation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I joined in as a fresher. I had 1 aptitude test and 3 interview. The first interview was technical. I think they were looking for my problem solving ability. Then we had 2 rounds of HR interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the best way to find the second largest number.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Plano, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

This was an interview to work for TCS at Bank of America.
    The interview process took way longer due to delays on TCS and client side.
    During first round interview I heard a lot of background noise on TCS side and could barely understand the questions but was able to fight thru.
    I spoke with others whom also interviewed with TCS and they said the same about the background noise.
    On the second round interview with client the interview time was changed but TCS forgot to inform me.
    Fortunate for me TCS was able to reschedule the interview to meet the client with a 1.5 hour delay.
    Overall the interview process was not too bad but the background check took over a month :(

Interview Questions

• What is db normalization?
      Are you familiar with db joins?
      How to find files on LX server where size is over 500M in size?
      Questions from the client were high level scenario based dealing with performance and capacity and difference between the two.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

There were three rounds of interview
    1. technical
    - questions on java , C SQL , specialization questions
    You need to answer well to impress
    manager
    -Project related questions , Stress interview

& HR
    -communication check

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview will not be that complicated and be confident with basics, Strong programming skills must and Good communication skills , Be confident on what you worked on projects,
    I am python and C++ developer , where most they asked basic questions , asked me write the script

Interview Questions

• Python:
      1.Read the list files from the directory and print them in python script
      2. What is hasattribute in python   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Gurgaon, Haryana) in November 2010.

Interview

I asked one of my friend who work in TCS to help me getting job in TCS using Employee Referral Scheme. He created my profile in the TCS website and sent me an ID number which was necessary to show at the time of interview. After some days I received a mail from Tata Consultancy Services that they are going to conduct interview in a college for experienced professional and also asked me for some of my documents. I replied to the mail with the documents and made myself available for the interview on the specific date and time. It was a face to face interview round. Once cleared that, the HR telephonic round took place. And at last salary negotiation with HR. After the salary negotiation the HR offered me the job and told me that I would receive the formal offer letter via mail after 2-3 days. And exactly the same happened. I received the offer letter just after 2 days. I was asked to submit the relevant documentation, which I did and after the processing or verification of documents I received one more mail from TCS in which I was asked to join TCS on a particular date.

Negotiation

I started my career with a small IT company and with merely 7000 INR per month. It was my dream to work with an MNC. So, I had no as such expectation from salary point of view. I was earning 3.75 Lakh p.a. and TCS offered me 5 Lakh which I accepted happily.

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata) in September 2010.

Interview

The company is good in arranging the interview, has also placed proper people and tools in place for it, also the number of screenings is low.

The question are asked as per the company's requirement and not as per the person's abilities. So the placement after accepting the offer does not guaranty a job satisfaction for the interviewee.

Position offered is not as per the persons capability rather is linked to the company's profitability. As low one person can be offered will make me a better recruiter. This is a crap way of thinking by the HR personnels.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy to accept this offer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

TCS tries to avoid any form of negotiations and wants to candidate to accept whatever is offered. There is absolutely no intelligence employed to categories knowledge and business.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process started off with the registration of the candidate details in the morning. I was attending the interview for Oracle Apps and had my interview scheduled at 11.30 am. It was a technical interview with one panelist and the questions asked were very straight-forward in a relaxed environment. The interview went on for 45minutes after which I waited for half an hour to know my feedback. My feedback was gud and was shortlisted for a Management Round interview with a senior manager. This interview was purely to check how well I would fit into the organisation and as well as for the current position. After this I had HR interview to discuss my notice period and offer terms and in the end I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• In the MR round I was asked, what kind of learnings and value-adds would I be able to provide to the new organisation.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

Applied throught online
    basic stuff
    IQ
    Verbal stuff
    C,C++
    java

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Gurgaon, Haryana) in September 2014.

Interview

Through my campus placement process i sat for TCS.
    first round was aptitude test, i practiced a lot of tcs' previous year questions so i cleared the aptitude.
    then next day we had interview.
    in the technical round he asked questions from almost all fields, c, c++, oops concepts, computer networking, my projects.

Interview Questions

• i was also asked some analytical questions like use 9 any number of times with a given operator and the output should be 6.   1 Answer
    • another was, a box has a black ball, we drop another ball into it(it may be black or white we don't know our eyes are closed). so what is the probability of picking up a black ball.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.