Tata Consultancy Services IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services IT Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Kochi

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kochi) in April 2012.

Interview

TCS career site is pretty comprehensive and one place to track what is happening to your application. For Interview you need to be at their office even if its a phone interview,[for other location]. HR's are not that responsive however their website solves this drawback

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try negotiating, but not much mileage

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

IT Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in August 2010.

Interview

ok basic questions on subject

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata) in November 2010.

Interview

One day walk-in; Technical Round,Managerial Round same day morning and evening slot respectively.
    Subsequent HR call on 7th day.
    perceptions of the people was good that time, after joining it feels not worthy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nice and fair.
    Negotiate more if you have other job offer as well.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad) in November 2009.

Interview

For lateral hires there will be one technical round , one management round followed by salary negotiation with HR. Usually all these three rounds take place on a single day for walk in interviews.
    But receiving the offer letter takes about 15-20 days even though the HR person says you will receive in 1 week.
    Questions asked in technical round purely depends upon the person who is interviewing you. Some may probe you for hours with irrelevant questions and still reject you, while some will ask valid and relevant questions. In management round questions related to process and general work related aspects will be asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In salary negotiation round make sure you enquire before hand the salary range for the designation you will be given. For ITA the range is between 6.5 to 9, TCS wont give higher than that.

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Lucknow) in December 2011.

Interview

first round of technical interview
    second round of manager
    third round of HR

Interview Questions

• Nothing, if you have really worked on your specific technology then it would be easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it is based on location base.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru) in September 2008.

Interview

Communication was good and basic questions were asked. They looked for the ability to learn and adapt.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself after 5 years and why I have chosen a consultancy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation needed.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai) in November 2008.

Interview

Interview process will be followed by aptitude test,technical round and MR round.Once we cleared first 2 rounds , we could move on easily.

Interview Questions

• I felt little difficult to clear the aptitude written test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai) in January 2008.

Interview

Simple technical and manager round. Not an issue if you meet the right interviewer.
    Just need to be patient and clear in your goals.

Interview Questions

• Have you tried at any other places? What are there results?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted to join so didn't negotiated.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Good technical questions and hiring process can be rated as moderate difficulty

Interview Questions

• Gives more importance to Technical stuff and experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belgaum

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Belgaum) in August 2008.

Interview

Campus placement

Interview Questions

• Quite predictable. Why do you want to join TCS? How do you think TCS can shape your career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Campus placement. So no negotiation