Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 Jun 2019
7,982 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad) in August 2018.

Interview

I attended TCS CodeVita Interview, The interview process nice and Interviewers are very friendly, But i think whole interview criteria is very bad as they asked me to come to Hyderabad and with TCS Ninja Test ahead its very difficult for the students to concentrate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad) in September 2018.

Interview

Though the first round is easy to clear.. The HR in the interview are so rreckless.
    They are not even ready to listen to my project. THe panel in which i was allotted did not select a single person from 50 interviewee.

Interview Questions

• How did your college approved this project without data base..?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai) in May 2018.

Interview

1st round would be telephonic round with client end asking about process related questions and they seek for an immediate joiners but I was not able to join immediately because I have serve 30 days as my notice period

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai).

Interview

I was facing all 3 interviewers at the same time. The HR, MR, and Technical person surrounding me in the clockwise direction. MR was also asking a lot of technical question with in-depth explanation and the Techincal guy asked area of interest and then started questioning me. The HR woman was quite soft and asked all Yes/No questions starting with tell me something about yourself. All the interviewers were well experienced and were looking like having some senior post.

Interview Questions

• HR: Tell me about your self?   1 Answer
    • HR: Will you relocate and work in a shift?   Answer Question
    • MR: Asked me to write a whole program to reverse the number. And also asked for each iteration of a 5 digit number.   Answer Question
    • Technical: What all certification have you done?   Answer Question
    • MR: Tell about your projects and what was your role?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

On May 17, 2018, I was contacted by a Tata consultant on behalf of Cargill to attend an interview. The first interview time was supposed to occur sometime after 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 21. I never received a confirmation on this event and the event never took place. After emailing the Tata consultant on Monday morning inquiring about specific interview time, he replied stating that I had not responded to him on a timely manner and therefore the interview could not be scheduled for that day. This was simply inaccurate and I replied to him the same day he contacted me about the opportunity acknowledging my availability for Monday, May 21.
    Eventually, he re-scheduled an interview time for 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23. Just a few minutes into the interview, the interviewer, who I reckoned to be a consultant based on his email address, opened the conversation by stating that my resume lacked the necessary requirements for the job and that he would not want to waste anyone’s time pursuing the interview. This was completely bewildering and utterly illogical, for if my resume lacked the needed credentials why did I even receive an interview time! The organizer of the interview was calling from overseas and his sentences were fragmented due to poor connectivity that was used for the Skype session. No Cargill staff was present at the interview session.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Powai, Maharashtra) in September 2014.

Interview

F2F Technical , F2F technical CRC, F2F Manager and lastly HR round. These rounds they take in one day and release offer once we will share the required docs. Questions were mostly on UNIX and SQL.

Interview Questions

• What is sed command? Advantages of sed over awk and grep.   1 Answer
    • How to edit a specific word on a specific line in UNIX file.   1 Answer
    • What are joins in SQL ? What is diffrence between Left Join and Outer Join?   1 Answer
    • What is the command to check Disk Utilization and how you will find Zombie process?   1 Answer
    • What is NETSTAT ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a nice process.In my college around 4000 people have written the online test. From that they have selected 1000 approximately for interview round. Luckily i was one of them. In interview they have asked me core as well as coding

Interview Questions

• write a program to find reverse of a number..?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

They made it look very decent and according to my skill and did not give me any problems. They made it look like I would have a great work place, which was not

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Got a Phone call not long after my application. Invited to one of their sites within 3 days. Got told to revise certain topics and read about the company background online. Those topics weren't even mentioned in the interview.

There were probably 20 candidates to be interviewed at the same day. Very hectic, by far the least professional interview scenario I have ever encountered. Interviewer was late by around a hour.

Interview lasted under 30 min, spent most of the time reading my CV, questions asked were far above graduate level.

Interview Questions

• Questions far too technical to be answered by a graduate.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter that lasted around 20 minutes discussing my education / work experience and more info on the position I was applying for. We then scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter gave me directions to print out and then fill out multiple forms BY HAND and then SCAN them back to her. I did so. Come the day of the interview I received no call after spending hours researching the company and preparing for the interview's technical questions. I emailed the recruiter the following day about the error and have still received no response almost a week later.

Interview Questions

• Can you print out these forms and sign them by hand and then re-scan them back to us?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.