Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

9,322 Interview Reviews

2.7

Workflow Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bellevue, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

After chatting with a third party recruiter, I was invited to a video interview to measure my skills. When I joined the meeting... they didn't show up. I waited half an hour and nobody showed. When I sent an email stating my displeasure, the TCS representative lied to my face, stating they were "only 9 minutes late". What a joke.

Ninja Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Very bad experience.they were rude to me. Never felt I am in a civilized place.

They didn't consider my interview..I never got reply.

I suggest not to attend to this company if u r not good in politics.

Interview Questions

• What is the favourite food of xyz place?!

PS:How am I supposed to know it!!!   Answer Question

Senior Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very good they asked many questions related my career an goal then my looking my interest in which field after acknowledge my interest they are selected for BFSI DOMAIN which is related for commercial background candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why did you join this organization ?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Vadodara).

Interview

There are 4 rounds of interview

1. English and aptitude test
    2. HR interview
    3. Interview with manager
    4. Interview with higher post manager

This process is take 1 week to complete

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad) in August 2018.

Interview

I attended TCS CodeVita Interview, The interview process nice and Interviewers are very friendly, But i think whole interview criteria is very bad as they asked me to come to Hyderabad and with TCS Ninja Test ahead its very difficult for the students to concentrate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad) in September 2018.

Interview

Though the first round is easy to clear.. The HR in the interview are so rreckless.
    They are not even ready to listen to my project. THe panel in which i was allotted did not select a single person from 50 interviewee.

Interview Questions

• How did your college approved this project without data base..?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai) in May 2018.

Interview

1st round would be telephonic round with client end asking about process related questions and they seek for an immediate joiners but I was not able to join immediately because I have serve 30 days as my notice period

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai).

Interview

I was facing all 3 interviewers at the same time. The HR, MR, and Technical person surrounding me in the clockwise direction. MR was also asking a lot of technical question with in-depth explanation and the Techincal guy asked area of interest and then started questioning me. The HR woman was quite soft and asked all Yes/No questions starting with tell me something about yourself. All the interviewers were well experienced and were looking like having some senior post.

Interview Questions

• HR: Tell me about your self?   1 Answer
    • HR: Will you relocate and work in a shift?   Answer Question
    • MR: Asked me to write a whole program to reverse the number. And also asked for each iteration of a 5 digit number.   Answer Question
    • Technical: What all certification have you done?   Answer Question
    • MR: Tell about your projects and what was your role?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

On May 17, 2018, I was contacted by a Tata consultant on behalf of Cargill to attend an interview. The first interview time was supposed to occur sometime after 1:00 p.m. on Monday, May 21. I never received a confirmation on this event and the event never took place. After emailing the Tata consultant on Monday morning inquiring about specific interview time, he replied stating that I had not responded to him on a timely manner and therefore the interview could not be scheduled for that day. This was simply inaccurate and I replied to him the same day he contacted me about the opportunity acknowledging my availability for Monday, May 21.
    Eventually, he re-scheduled an interview time for 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23. Just a few minutes into the interview, the interviewer, who I reckoned to be a consultant based on his email address, opened the conversation by stating that my resume lacked the necessary requirements for the job and that he would not want to waste anyone’s time pursuing the interview. This was completely bewildering and utterly illogical, for if my resume lacked the needed credentials why did I even receive an interview time! The organizer of the interview was calling from overseas and his sentences were fragmented due to poor connectivity that was used for the Skype session. No Cargill staff was present at the interview session.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Powai, Maharashtra) in September 2014.

Interview

F2F Technical , F2F technical CRC, F2F Manager and lastly HR round. These rounds they take in one day and release offer once we will share the required docs. Questions were mostly on UNIX and SQL.

Interview Questions

• What is sed command? Advantages of sed over awk and grep.   1 Answer
    • How to edit a specific word on a specific line in UNIX file.   1 Answer
    • What are joins in SQL ? What is diffrence between Left Join and Outer Join?   1 Answer
    • What is the command to check Disk Utilization and how you will find Zombie process?   1 Answer
    • What is NETSTAT ?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.