Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

8,476 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview

On campus interview. Was an easy interview. Just general questions about my learning at college. Asked a puzzle question. Interview was taken by a senior having experience of 16 years.It was a very short interview. About 100 people from my college were selected.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question- If a superstar has invited you to a dinner and you can only form a human chain and can reach there.What will you do? how will you collect people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Totally they will conduct three rounds. One was online screening, technical and HR.
    Very formal. Easy questions and professional college recruitment.
    first round was very easy as most of the question came from dump.
    overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Will computer run without OS?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2011.

Interview

Straight HR round since got above 75% and there were two people in the panel and had an interview for 30 mins on various topics. It was a kind of stress interview where they started with global warming and went to electronics and finally came to software questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2011.

Interview

The Interview consists of 3 rounds.
    Step 1:Written test
    Step 2 : Technical Round
    Step 3: Management and HR
    The written test would be easy if one prepare's basic aptitude and logical reasoning questions.
    Coming to technical interview,basic coding programs and technical concepts preparation will make the interview easy to go on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2010.

Interview

Easy.They would ask simple basic questions.I got the opportunity when i was a fresher.Since i was a college pass out i have been asked few basic questions on the computer languages.And i was given a puzzle to solve.Most likely they would see your confidence rather than anything else.

Assistant Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (India, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was scheduled after I got selected through an initial aptitude test. The aptitude test consists of basic quantitative questions from probability,permutation combinations,time and distance etc.The level of questions for aptitude was easy to difficult,depending upon how we answered the questions. The difficulty level increases if we answer correctly.

Interview Questions

• Where I like to see myself after 5-6 years.And whether I had any plans for further study.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in April 2011.

Interview

had one interview on campus. generally there is an aptitude test as the first round and then a technical interview, followed by HR. But if your academic score is good, then you can skip the aptitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations for college hires

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Just one written round and one in person. Since TCS is a mass recruiting company, it hires most graduates from tier-B or tier-C colleges in India in huge numbers.

In my college, around 400 students took the written test. Almost everyone cleared that. After the in person interview(which was conducted in mass too. I was sitting with the interviewer in a hall with around 50 more candidates and interviewers.

Not many technical questions. Most questions are like (swap 2 nos without using a 3rd variable).
    Selection is purely random.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the Tv shows I watch and magazines I read.
      Plus standard questions like "why TCS"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. TCS does not negotiate with recent graduates. Salary is fixed . If you have no other choice , join , or else reject their offer. They dont care. There are always people to fill the void. Moreover, the quality of work does not demand a very skillful employee.

Application

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. First round was Aptitude test on day 1. Most of the questions were from barrons (GRE book). Next day there was one technical round following by HR round.

Application

Interview

Very simple and basic questions. Nothing difficult. Not many personal questions. Combination of technical and HR. Interviewers were very friendly. It lasted for half an hour. Questions were mainly based on C programming language. Mainly focusing on strings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.