Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Tata Consultancy Services

9,688 Interview Reviews

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. It was easy process just normal resume questions and Java and sql
    First round : Telephonic interview ( technical and situation based question)
    Second round : HR
    Overall process was easy

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

There was a basic technical interview which was followed by an HR interview
    TCS had come for a placement session to out college, they initially conducted a aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Questions on OOP concept, linked list   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and was asked to provide basic information (resume, transcript, desired salary). After about a week I was told I was shortlisted for an interview. I couldn't make the scheduled date, so I asked the HR representative that contacted me to reschedule to the next week.

Not even an hour after rescheduling, I was contacted by another HR representative about the interview I had literally just rescheduled. I told them that I had just rescheduled and asked if it was a different interview - I never received a response.

I was told that I would be able to schedule a time between 9AM and 4PM for my interview and expected to be contacted at some point throughout the week, but I never was and also never received a call the day my interview was scheduled. Overall, the company seems incredibly unorganized and unprofessional. If they contact me again at any point in the future I do not intend to follow through with the interview process.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Called me with no warning and immediately started asking me questions. Scheduled an interview, they never called me, so I emailed recruiter. They scheduled another interview and was 10 minutes late to that. I could barely understand them. They tried to proceed me to the next interview, but at that point I just declined as they were completely unprofessional.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, received the email from TCS recruiter asking me to send some details along with my updated resume, then a technical and managerial interview was scheduled in about a week (06-20-2020). Then I was asked to apply for a position on the nextstep website, and then after a few days, HR interview round was scheduled (on 07-03-2020). After this round, I was told that I would be getting an offer letter next week (between July 6th to July 10th).

This is the third week, and I have sent a few follow-up emails, calls, and a message to various HR team employees but I have not heard any update on my application.

Interview Questions

• Core Java questions, SQL question, Agile Scrum Software Development question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2020.

Interview

All of the interviews were conducted over call or video call due to COVID. Talent acquisition personnel reached out a few days after I applied. I had a two phone interviews on the same day about a week later. I was asked to apply on the TCS website then was contacted a week later to schedule a final HR interview. I've been waiting about a week for another call with their final decision. The entire process has taken about a month.

Interview Questions

• What are the main principles of OOP?

What is inheritance?

What programming languages do you know?

Why did you choose TCS?

Thoughts on relocation and travel?

What percent of the time are you able to travel with 0% being never and 100% being around once a month?

They also asked me some basic pheudocode questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2020.

Interview

The whole process was a horribly disorganized mess. I was reached out by several TCS recruiters both through LinkedIn and Handshake. After being reached out for a location that I was interested in I sent out my resume and answered some simple questions. The recruiter called me without scheduling 3 weeks later and set up an interview for me for the next day. I confirmed my availability between 1pm-3pm (when I am able to take a lunch break from work). The interview was supposed to be at 1pm, however the next day I received an email saying my interview was at 4pm. I try to email and call but nobody would get back to me, ultimately I received the call at 4:30pm. After my interview I got calls non-stop from different recruiters asking me similar questions as if they weren't communicating with each other. One of them even facetimed me....the process was very frustrating. I had said I wasn't able to relocated outside of California and every time they called they would try to push me to accept Ohio or Kentucky or places like that for even a lower salary that I had already negotiated. I completed my interview on a Thursday, got positive feedback and was told that I had received the job and was going to receive an offer by the next day or Monday. On Tuesday I emailed my recruiter to follow up and no answer. On Thursday I tried giving him a call and nothing. Finally the following Monday a different recruiter reached out asking about my H1B status. Once I clarify that I was not an H1B the conversation completely changed tone. After doing some research I found out that the company operates on exploiting H1B visa workers especially Indian ones. I declined my offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical theoretical questions, OOP principles, your style of coding, tell me about a project you've done, what are you currently working on, what do you bring to a team   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Contacted through linkedin for interview by a recruiter, sent resume and transcript and scheduled an interview a couple days later. Was asked basic OOP and resume questions over the phone.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in July 2020.

Interview

I got a recruiter message on linkedin, then I got a phone asking basic questions about salary, relocation, etc. I then scheduled an interview through the phone and they asked me a few technical questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Just got call from hr submitted my details got interview
    you’re targeting 2019 as your year for professional reinvention, go full throttle on your prep. Refine your professional narrative by formulating responses to those interview questions that always seem to come up.